Digital TV News: Michael Hawkey
Atlantic Broadband launches TiVo UX with VOD by SeaChange
Jul 30, 2018 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that it has launched the new TiVo Experience 4 combined with IP-based Video On Demand (VOD). In conjunction with the launch, the company has introduced an IP-based VOD platform powered by SeaChange.
News categories: Seachange, Atlantic Broadband, TiVo, Mark Tubinis, Heather McCallion, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
TDS Telecom Selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Jul 17, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and TDS Telecom (TDS) have announced that TDS has chosen TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform to bring entertainment to TDS’ customers. TDS will roll out the TiVo-powered video solution in both cable and wireline service areas.
News categories: TiVo Inc, TDS Telecom, Nokia, Michael Hawkey, Julie Maiers, Scott Cohen, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, UX
Mediacom extends licensing agreement with TiVo
Apr 10, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has renewed its product and patent portfolio license agreement with Mediacom. The extension provides Mediacom with access to products including the TiVo Gateway DVR, TiVo Mini, classic guides, analytics and IP.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Mediacom, Michael Hawkey, John Pascarelli, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Licensing, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Sharp and TiVo extend interactive program guide deal
Mar 6, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Sharp will further utilize TiVo’s G-Guide HTML across Sharp 4K smart TVs and Ultra HD Blu-ray recorders in Japan, TiVo’s G-Guide xD app and remote schedule recording service for its Blu-ray recorders.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Sharp Corp, Michael Hawkey, Big Data, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Japan, Smart TV, UX
Service Electric Cablevision selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Feb 13, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Service Electric Cablevision, serving internet, TV, phone residential and commercial services to Pennsylvania, has chosen TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform to bring entertainment to its customers.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Service Electric, Michael Hawkey, Scott Young, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo introduces cloud-powered TV platform
Jan 4, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the launch of TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform. The portfolio of products is supported by a cloud-based, unified backend and powered by the ultimate entertainment user experience - one that is simple, smart, and elegant.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Michael Hawkey, Brett Sappington, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Millicom deploys TiVo UX platform in Colombia
Nov 2, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Millicom has selected TiVo’s user experience platform to bring entertainment experiences to customers in Latin America. The Tigo ONE TV service is initially available to Millicom subscribers in Colombia.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Millicom, Michael Hawkey, Luciano Marino, Colombia, Digital TV, Latin America, Set Top Box, UX
TiVo extends G-Guide and IP licensing with J:COM
Oct 31, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM), one of Japan’s largest cable television operators, has signed a multi-year license renewal for TiVo’s G-Guide and intellectual property (IP) across Japan.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Jupiter Telecommunications, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Japan, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, UX
Service Electric Cable TV selects TiVo Gateway DVR solution
Aug 2, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO) and Service Electric Cable TV, serving eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey, have announced that the companies will bring entertainment to Service Electric customers using the latest TiVo Gateway DVR solution.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Service Electric, Michael Hawkey, John M. Walson, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA