Digital TV News: Mike Chang
MediaTek MT9602 Smart TV SoC launches with Flipkart in India
Oct 8, 2020 – MediaTek has unveiled a Smart TV SoC MT9602 for 4K HDR displays. The SoC delivers real-time video optimization, with improved picture and audio quality using AI, HDMI 2.1a and global HDR support, and AV1 & AVS2 decoding.
News categories: Mediatek, Flipkart, Mike Chang, Dev Iyer, Digital TV, ICs, India, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek introduces MT5670 chipset for 4K UHD Smart TVs
Sep 25, 2019 – MediaTek has introduced its newest chipset for smart TVs, the MT5670. The highly integrated chipset lets consumer electronics manufacturers build high quality, feature-rich 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) digital TVs at affordable price points.
News categories: MediaTek, Mike Chang, Android TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek launches S900 smart TV SoC
Jul 8, 2019 – MediaTek has launched its S900, the company’s latest smart TV SoC supporting 8K resolution and high-speed edge AI computation. The S900 combines a high performance CPU, GPU and a dedicated AI processor unit (APU) to support features including AI voice-user interface and picture quality enhancement.
News categories: MediaTek, Mike Chang, Digital TV, ICs, Smart TV, Worldwide
Nielsen expands Dynamic Ad Insertion pilot with MediaTek and A+E Networks
Nov 29, 2018 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) is expanding its U.S. Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) pilot. MediaTek will bring advanced DAI to their Smart TV platform, and A+E Networks is joining CBS to begin replacing advertisements in live linear programming.
News categories: Nielsen, MediaTek, A+E Networks, Kelly Abcarian, Mike Chang, Advertising, Content Identification, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
DTS Virtual:X immersive audio added to MStar’s TV SoCs
Jan 25, 2018 – DTS (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced the integration of DTS Virtual:X post-processing in a wide range of MStar smart TV SoC platforms. The integration will allow TV vendors to deliver virtualized immersive sound from any content.
News categories: Xperi, MStar Semi, DTS, Joanna Skrdlant, Mike Chang, Media Player, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5