Digital TV News: Mike Wright
Verizon, Telstra, kt and EE launch LTE-Broadcast Alliance
Apr 27, 2016 – At TV Connect 2016 in London, four of the world’s leading mobile network operators, representing North America, Australia, South Korea and the UK, announced they are forming the LTE-Broadcast Alliance.
News categories: EE, Verizon, Telstra, kt, Matt Stagg, Parissa Pandkhou, Mike Wright, 5G, Australia, Digital TV, Korea, Mobile, UK, USA, Video Exchange
Telstra deploys Ericsson LTE Broadcast to enable video-centric applications
Mar 1, 2015 – Following a series of successful trials in 2014, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that Telstra will deploy Ericsson's LTE Broadcast end-to-end solution on their Australian 4GX network.
News categories: Ericsson, Telstra, Håkan Eriksson, Mike Wright, 5G, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC20
Telstra and Ericsson conduct world's first LTE broadcast on live network
Oct 28, 2013 – Telstra has announced that it has completed the world's first LTE Broadcast session on a commercial LTE network. Ericsson's (NASDAQ:ERIC) LTE Broadcast Solution was successfully activated and tested on Telstra's live network with the transmission of concurrent video feeds and large files to enabled devices.
News categories: Ericsson, Telstra, Qualcomm, Mike Wright, Thomas Norén, Mazen Chmaytelli, 5G, Content Distribution, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor
World's First Complete Solution for Broadcast Video Over LTE Networks
Feb 25, 2013 – To respond to the growing need for video over LTE, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is launching an end-to-end solution. The solution will be shown at Mobile World Congress 2013 in collaboration with Verizon, Telstra and Qualcomm.
News categories: Ericsson, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage