Digital TV News: Mike Wright
Verizon, Telstra, kt and EE launch LTE-Broadcast Alliance
Apr 27, 2016 – At TV Connect 2016 in London, four of the world’s leading mobile network operators, representing North America, Australia, South Korea and the UK, announced they are forming the LTE-Broadcast Alliance.
News categories: EE, Verizon, Telstra, kt, Matt Stagg, Parissa Pandkhou, Mike Wright, 5G, Australia, Digital TV, Korea, Mobile, UK, USA, Video Exchange
Telstra deploys Ericsson LTE Broadcast to enable video-centric applications
Mar 1, 2015 – Following a series of successful trials in 2014, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that Telstra will deploy Ericsson's LTE Broadcast end-to-end solution on their Australian 4GX network.
News categories: Ericsson, Telstra, Håkan Eriksson, Mike Wright, 5G, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC20
Telstra and Ericsson conduct world's first LTE broadcast on live network
Oct 28, 2013 – Telstra has announced that it has completed the world's first LTE Broadcast session on a commercial LTE network. Ericsson's (NASDAQ:ERIC) LTE Broadcast Solution was successfully activated and tested on Telstra's live network with the transmission of concurrent video feeds and large files to enabled devices.
News categories: Ericsson, Telstra, Qualcomm, Mike Wright, Thomas Norén, Mazen Chmaytelli, 5G, Content Distribution, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor
World's First Complete Solution for Broadcast Video Over LTE Networks
Feb 25, 2013 – To respond to the growing need for video over LTE, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is launching an end-to-end solution. The solution will be shown at Mobile World Congress 2013 in collaboration with Verizon, Telstra and Qualcomm.
News categories: Ericsson, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019