Digital TV News: Novatek
Fransat and HD+ adopt Intertrust XCA content protection
Sep 12, 2019 – Intertrust has announced that Fransat and HD+, France and Germany’s leading free TV operators, have selected Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA to protect and manage video streams over major broadcast and IPTV networks.
News categories: Intertrust, Fransat, HD+, Talal G. Shamoon, Digital TV, DRM, France, Germany, IBC2019, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
8K Association announces performance specification for consumer TVs
Aug 29, 2019 – The 8K Association (8KA) has announced that key performance attributes for 8K televisions have been defined as part of the 8KA technical program. Performance criteria were created in concert with the association’s membership.
News categories: 8K Association, Chris Chinnock, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
NOVATEK and Vewd partner to create turnkey smart TV platform
Jan 8, 2019 – Vewd has partnered with NOVATEK to enable Vewd OS on chipsets powering Linux-based smart TVs. Adding Vewd OS to NOVATEK chipsets provides OEMs with a pre-integrated Smart TV OS containing the most requested advanced smart TV features.
News categories: Vewd, NOVATEK, Aneesh Rajaram, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Novatek TV chipsets to natively support NAGRA Connect and TVkey Cloud
Jan 7, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Novatek have announced that Novatek’s next generation TV chipsets will natively support both NAGRA Connect and TVkey Cloud. NAGRA Connect and TVkey Cloud are managed from the NAGRA Cloud.SSP Security-as-a-Service platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Novatek, Maurice Van Riek, J.H. Chang, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
TVkey adds more retail bundling, deployments and chipset partners
Sep 15, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced the launch of customers in India, expansion into the Latin America market, in-box bundling in the German market, and the addition of additional chipset partners for their TVkey dongle.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, CAM, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Opera OTT product suite pre-integrated on Novatek TV SoCs
Jan 3, 2017 – Opera TV and Novatek have announced the availability of Opera TV’s OTT enabling product suite pre-integrated on Novatek’s SoC TV platform. The combination offers device manufacturers a solution to launch Smart TVs with hundreds of HTML5-based OTT services.
News categories: Opera, Novatek, Aneesh Rajaram, CES, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
RSCRYPTO partners with SMI for key management
Dec 13, 2016 – RSCRYPTO has announced a partnership with SypherMedia International (SMI). RSCRYPTO plans to present its CAS-PHI CAS in the first quarter of 2017. As an 'Independent Trust Authority', SMI is to manage the keys for operators.
News categories: RSCRYPTO, SypherMedia International, Levent Le, Dr. Ron Cocchi, Dennis Flaharty, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
SERAPHIC browser powers TCL 4K UHD TVs for Latin America
May 24, 2016 – TCL has announced that it has teamed up with SERAPHIC, who has provided its Blink-based Sraf HTML5 browser for TCL's 4K UHDTV platform. The initial target market is Latin America.
News categories: SERAPHIC, TCL, Jeff Huang, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Smart TV
Taiwanese silicon vendors dominate market for 4K TV chipsets
Jul 2, 2015 – Taiwanese silicon vendors currently dominate the market for 4k TV chipsets but their position is being challenged by a number of fabless semiconductor vendors across North America and China, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs