Digital TV News: Optus
More than 400,000 Netflix subscription households in Australia
Jun 23, 2015 – Within two months of its local launch, over a million Australians across 400,000 households had signed up to Netflix, the latest Streaming Video On Demand (SVOD) data from Roy Morgan Research shows. The number of subscribers is more than 3 times the combined total of its rivals.
News categories: Roy Morgan Research, Tim Martin, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Optus and Nokia trial video distribution by local base stations
Mar 1, 2015 – Optus will conduct a closed trial of a real-time, interactive, multimedia video experience at its Sydney headquarters that delivers content to subscribers through onsite base stations via Liquid Applications, a solution developed by partner Nokia Networks.
News categories: Nokia, SingTel, Optus, Ray Owen, Tay Soo Meng, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20
Netflix coming to Fetch TV in Australia
Feb 16, 2015 – Fetch TV will be the first Australian pay-TV provider to integrate the Netflix subscription streaming service, the two companies have announced. The partnership also includes the New Zealand market.
News categories: Fetch TV, Netflix, Scott Lorson, Bill Holmes, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box
Optus 10 satellite successfully launched
Sep 12, 2014 – Optus has announced that Australia’s latest satellite, Optus 10, has been successfully propelled into orbit following lift-off from the Guiana Space Centre in Kourou, French Guiana.
News categories: Optus, Rob Parcell, Australia, Content Distribution, New Zealand, Satellite
Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
Dec 9, 2013 – Fetch TV has announced that it has reached the 100,000 subscriber milestone and has added 'watch anywhere' capabilities to the Fetch TV mobile app. Subscriber growth has been strong throughout the year with Fetch TV now the number two Pay TV provider in Australia.
News categories: Fetch TV, Scott Lorson, David Buckingham, Martin Mercer, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
GlobeCast to Launch Australasia's First MPEG-4 Service on Optus D2
Oct 24, 2012 – GlobeCast Australia has announced an upgrade that will allow the company to deliver its customers the first MPEG-4 services on the Optus D2 DTH satellite platform. GlobeCast will commence its new MPEG-4 service with its channel partner RTS SAT.
News categories: GlobeCast, RTS SAT, Australia, New Zealand, Satellite
More than 300,000 Australian households now accessing IPTV
Feb 7, 2012 – A study released by Telsyte confirms the rise of subscription TV over broadband with more than 300,000 Australian homes now accessing an IPTV service. This equates to around one in ten subscription TV services currently delivered over broadband.
News categories: Telsyte, Australia, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers
Optus launches MeTV in Australia with FetchTV
Oct 24, 2011 – Optus has announced the launch of Optus MeTV with FetchTV. Available on-demand over an existing broadband connection, Optus MeTV combines free-to-air and subscription TV together with a state-of-the-art PVR and user interface.
News categories: Optus, FetchTV, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV
Optus partners with FetchTV to develop multi-device IPTV service
May 9, 2011 – Optus has announced that it is partnering with FetchTV to jointly develop an IPTV service with integrated mobile functionality for smartphones and tablet devices. The service is scheduled for launch in the second half of 2011.
News categories: Optus, FetchTV, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution