Digital TV News: Perry Chappell
Sharp launches Ultra HD Blu-ray Recorders powered by ViXS SoCs
Mar 9, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that Sharp has launched three BD Recorders based on its SoCs. Sharp's AQUOS Blu-ray BD-UT3100, BD-UT2100 and BD-UT1100 include support for 4K Ultra HD 60fps, high luminance HDR, and wide color space video playback.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sharp Corp, Perry Chappell, Blu-ray, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Semiconductor
MaxLinear tuner chosen for 'Air HDTV' streaming OTA STB
Jan 6, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced that its MxL603 global terrestrial tuner has been chosen for Air HDTV, an over-the-air (OTA) antenna/set-top box (STB) designed by Wireless Innovations Group.
News categories: MaxLinear, Wireless Innovation Group, ViXS Systems, Morega Systems, Will Torgerson, Henry Cooper, Perry Chappell, Ashraf Tahir, Digital TV, Gateway, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, Worldwide
ViXS launches dual-stream OTA transcoding SoC
Jan 4, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced the launch of the XCode 5516 SoC, with dual tuner and transcoding support capabilities. The SoC is designed for dual-tuner OTA streaming products delivering free HDTV OTA content to multiple video devices.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Perry Chappell, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, Worldwide
ViXS powers first 4K Ultra HD HEVC 10-Bit OTT media player
Jan 7, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that it is powering Skydigita's 4K Ultra HD HEVC Over-the-Top (OTT) media IP Client. The XCode 6400 powered Skydigita SDB-300 series of OTT media IP clients is the industry's first 4K Ultra HD HEVC 10-bit YUV 4:2:2 product on the market.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Skydigita, Perry Chappell, Jiang WuXian, CES, China, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS media processor selected by Sony for Personal Content Station
Jul 18, 2013 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that the ViXS XCode 4210, an SoC for consumer media devices, has been selected by Sony for its newly launched Personal Content Station LLS-201 (PCS) product.
News categories: ViXS, Sony Corp, Digital TV, Home Server, Semiconductor, Smart Home
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry
- European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
- OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
- Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
- Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
- 7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
- Tremor Video combines capabilities with YuMe by RhythmOne
- Tastemade selects Telaria for programmatic OTT and CTV advertising
- SmartLabs becomes Samsung Smart TV App Developer
- India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019
- DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications
- Third of Netflix subscribers might switch to a cheaper, ad-supported tier