Digital TV News: Peter MacAvock
DVB approves commercial requirements for ABR Multicast
Nov 22, 2016 – After consideration of the Commercial Requirements for ABR (Adaptive Bit Rate) Multicast presented to the 84th meeting of the DVB Steering Board, the decision was made to commit the Technical Module to produce a specification.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
DVB approves UHD-1 Phase 2 specification
Nov 17, 2016 – The DVB Steering Board has approved the specification for UHD-1 Phase 2 (TS 101 154). The specification guarantees interoperability and enables broadcasters and CE manufacturers to provide UHD-1 Phase 2 products and services.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, David Wood, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Launch of DVB-T2
Sep 12, 2008 – IBC 2008 sees the official launch of the latest addition to the DVB family of open standards, DVB-T2 - a second generation transmission system for digital terrestrial television.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
DVB Steering Board ratifies DVB-T2 specification for second generation DTT Transmission
Jun 30, 2008 – At its 58th meeting, the DVB Steering Board has ratified and published the DVB-T2 specification. DVB-T2 is a second generation transmission system for digital terrestrial television.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
DVB Takes Steps To Reinforce IPR Policy
Nov 30, 2007 – The DVB Project has announced the adoption of new procedures in its efforts to promote the wide availability of technology based on DVB standards. This initiative is the result of a broad review in response to members' concerns about the perceived delays and uncertainties in relation to the launch of the MHP licensing programme.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB Memorandum of Understanding, IPR Policy of the DVB Project, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Technologies
DVB-T2 goes after post-analog TV spectrum
Sep 9, 2007 – The Digital Video Broadcast (DVB) Group will launch its next-generation terrestrial digital TV broadcast specification called DVB-T2 by early 2008, according to Peter MacAvock, executive director of the DVB project.
News categories: DVB Project, Broadcasting, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBC2019, Terrestrial
Boost to Emerging IPTV Industry from DVB
Sep 7, 2007 – Visitors to the DVB stand (1.481) at this year's IBC have the opportunity to see the latest developments in the standardisation work being carried out to achieve interoperability, stimulate growth and enable greater economies of scale for the budding IPTV market.
News categories: DVB Project, IBC2019, IPTV
Content Mangement Specification Gets Debut at IBC
Sep 7, 2007 – The publication of the latest revision to DVB BlueBook A094 - Content Protection & Copy Management (DVB-CPCM) in August, along with the first ever public demonstration of aspects of DVB-CPCM at this year's IBC, signals a second major milestone in the work of the DVB on a specification for persistent protection of commercial content in consumer digital products and home networks.
News categories: Content Protection, Digital TV, DVD, Games Console, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet
Uruguay Adopts DVB-T and DVB-H
Aug 31, 2007 – The DVB Project today commended the decision of Uruguay to adopt the DVB-T and DVB-H standards for its fixed and mobile Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) broadcasting.
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, Terrestrial, Uruguay
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation