Digital TV News: Peter MacAvock
DVB approves UHD-1 Phase 2 specification
Nov 17, 2016 – The DVB Steering Board has approved the specification for UHD-1 Phase 2 (TS 101 154). The specification guarantees interoperability and enables broadcasters and CE manufacturers to provide UHD-1 Phase 2 products and services.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, David Wood, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Launch of DVB-T2
Sep 12, 2008 – IBC 2008 sees the official launch of the latest addition to the DVB family of open standards, DVB-T2 - a second generation transmission system for digital terrestrial television.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
DVB Steering Board ratifies DVB-T2 specification for second generation DTT Transmission
Jun 30, 2008 – At its 58th meeting, the DVB Steering Board has ratified and published the DVB-T2 specification. DVB-T2 is a second generation transmission system for digital terrestrial television.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
DVB Takes Steps To Reinforce IPR Policy
Nov 30, 2007 – The DVB Project has announced the adoption of new procedures in its efforts to promote the wide availability of technology based on DVB standards. This initiative is the result of a broad review in response to members' concerns about the perceived delays and uncertainties in relation to the launch of the MHP licensing programme.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB Memorandum of Understanding, IPR Policy of the DVB Project, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Technologies
DVB-T2 goes after post-analog TV spectrum
Sep 9, 2007 – The Digital Video Broadcast (DVB) Group will launch its next-generation terrestrial digital TV broadcast specification called DVB-T2 by early 2008, according to Peter MacAvock, executive director of the DVB project.
News categories: DVB Project, Broadcasting, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBC2019, Terrestrial
Boost to Emerging IPTV Industry from DVB
Sep 7, 2007 – Visitors to the DVB stand (1.481) at this year's IBC have the opportunity to see the latest developments in the standardisation work being carried out to achieve interoperability, stimulate growth and enable greater economies of scale for the budding IPTV market.
News categories: DVB Project, IBC2019, IPTV
Content Mangement Specification Gets Debut at IBC
Sep 7, 2007 – The publication of the latest revision to DVB BlueBook A094 - Content Protection & Copy Management (DVB-CPCM) in August, along with the first ever public demonstration of aspects of DVB-CPCM at this year's IBC, signals a second major milestone in the work of the DVB on a specification for persistent protection of commercial content in consumer digital products and home networks.
News categories: Content Protection, Digital TV, DVD, Games Console, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet
Uruguay Adopts DVB-T and DVB-H
Aug 31, 2007 – The DVB Project today commended the decision of Uruguay to adopt the DVB-T and DVB-H standards for its fixed and mobile Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) broadcasting.
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, Terrestrial, Uruguay
Timeline for next generation DVB digital services
Apr 16, 2007 – DVB Outlines Next Set Of Specifications For The Future of Broadcast Digital Services. DVB-T2 commercial requirements are now defined. A study mission on a possible DVB-H2 system is due to commence later this year.
News categories: DVB, ETSI, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, Mobile, Satellite, Terrestrial
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA