Digital TV News: Peter MacAvock
DVB approves commercial requirements for ABR Multicast
Nov 22, 2016 – After consideration of the Commercial Requirements for ABR (Adaptive Bit Rate) Multicast presented to the 84th meeting of the DVB Steering Board, the decision was made to commit the Technical Module to produce a specification.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
DVB approves UHD-1 Phase 2 specification
Nov 17, 2016 – The DVB Steering Board has approved the specification for UHD-1 Phase 2 (TS 101 154). The specification guarantees interoperability and enables broadcasters and CE manufacturers to provide UHD-1 Phase 2 products and services.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, David Wood, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Launch of DVB-T2
Sep 12, 2008 – IBC 2008 sees the official launch of the latest addition to the DVB family of open standards, DVB-T2 - a second generation transmission system for digital terrestrial television.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
DVB Steering Board ratifies DVB-T2 specification for second generation DTT Transmission
Jun 30, 2008 – At its 58th meeting, the DVB Steering Board has ratified and published the DVB-T2 specification. DVB-T2 is a second generation transmission system for digital terrestrial television.
News categories: DVB Project, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
DVB Takes Steps To Reinforce IPR Policy
Nov 30, 2007 – The DVB Project has announced the adoption of new procedures in its efforts to promote the wide availability of technology based on DVB standards. This initiative is the result of a broad review in response to members' concerns about the perceived delays and uncertainties in relation to the launch of the MHP licensing programme.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB Memorandum of Understanding, IPR Policy of the DVB Project, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Technologies
DVB-T2 goes after post-analog TV spectrum
Sep 9, 2007 – The Digital Video Broadcast (DVB) Group will launch its next-generation terrestrial digital TV broadcast specification called DVB-T2 by early 2008, according to Peter MacAvock, executive director of the DVB project.
News categories: DVB Project, Broadcasting, Digital TV, DVB-T2, IBC2019, Terrestrial
Boost to Emerging IPTV Industry from DVB
Sep 7, 2007 – Visitors to the DVB stand (1.481) at this year's IBC have the opportunity to see the latest developments in the standardisation work being carried out to achieve interoperability, stimulate growth and enable greater economies of scale for the budding IPTV market.
News categories: DVB Project, IBC2019, IPTV
Content Mangement Specification Gets Debut at IBC
Sep 7, 2007 – The publication of the latest revision to DVB BlueBook A094 - Content Protection & Copy Management (DVB-CPCM) in August, along with the first ever public demonstration of aspects of DVB-CPCM at this year's IBC, signals a second major milestone in the work of the DVB on a specification for persistent protection of commercial content in consumer digital products and home networks.
News categories: Content Protection, Digital TV, DVD, Games Console, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet
Uruguay Adopts DVB-T and DVB-H
Aug 31, 2007 – The DVB Project today commended the decision of Uruguay to adopt the DVB-T and DVB-H standards for its fixed and mobile Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) broadcasting.
News categories: Digital TV, Mobile, Terrestrial, Uruguay
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019