Digital TV News: PrimeTel
Forthnet releases 2018 results
Apr 25, 2019 – Forthnet has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2018. Pay TV subscribers, combining retail and wholesale in Greece and Cyprus, remained steady at 478,000. Collection of viewership data from set top boxes has started via a platform from AdScribe.
News categories: Forthnet, AdScribe, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, Greece, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
SmartLabs offers free trial of its video content delivery solution
Dec 5, 2017 – SmartLabs has expanded its free trial for operators to include SmartMEDIA. A year ago the company launched a trial of the latest version of SmartTUBE5, its interactive TV platform. More than a hundred companies took part in the trial program.
News categories: SmartLabs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
PrimeTel gets platform upgrade and Android STBs from SmartLabs
Sep 14, 2017 – SmartLabs has announced a contract with PrimeTel for the upgrade of their existing interactive TV solution to SmartLabs’ SmartTUBE5 Multiscreen Solution and the delivery of SmartLabs latest UHD Android STB.
News categories: SmartLabs, PrimeTel, Mikhail Grachev, Marina Papanicolaou, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
PrimeTel announces IPTV error correction module for its Twister Triple-Play Platform
Sep 11, 2009 – PrimeTel's R&D division has announced the availability of an IPTV Error Correction module for its Twister triple-play platform. The module is capable of dynamically and transparently correcting missing and erroneous multicast IPTV packets.
News categories: PrimeTel, Content Distribution, Cyprus, IBC2019, IPTV, Middleware
PrimeTel Selects SecureMedia for Digital Content Protection in Cyprus
Sep 9, 2009 – SecureMedia has announced that PrimeTel is now using SecureMedia's Encryptonite ONE™ System to protect premium video content for its PrimeTV service. Under the PrimeHome brand, PrimeTel offers internet, IPTV and telephony in Cyprus.
News categories: SecureMedia, PrimeTel, Content Protection, Cyprus, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV
PrimeTel to unveil Arabic user interface at IPTV World Forum MEA 2008, Dubai
Oct 23, 2008 – Following a successful presence at IBC 2008, PrimeTel will showcase Thunderworx's Twister triple-play platform at IPTV World Forum Middle East & Africa 2008, in Dubai.
News categories: PrimeTel, IPTV, Middleware, Video Exchange
Cyprus - PrimeTel pleased with triple-play take-up
Jul 17, 2007 – Cypriot broadband provider PrimeTel has announced that it has signed up 8,000 residential users of its triple-play services, which include its PrimeTV IPTV service, offering over 100 TV channels, interactive games and video-on-demand library.
News categories: PrimeTel, Cyprus, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers
- Minerva to power Dhiraagu's TV services in the Maldives
- BritBox chooses Deltatre as front-end and UX design partner
- ADB builds satellite STB platform with MediaTek
- GatesAir TV transmission deal with Doordarshan expanded to Northern India
- Live video streaming to have 91 million subscribers by 2024
- Amobee to integrate LiveRamp IdentityLink to enhance targeting
- Telia Carrier offers direct connectivity for MOBITV streaming TV apps
- Ocean Blue Software releases CI Plus 2.0 Host software stack
- FPT Play selects ATEME for OTT headend in Vietnam
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs to get Chromecast built-in update with Disney+ support
- Edgeware and ENENSYS form alliance
- US telecom and pay-TV service revenue to rise to $419.4bn by 2024
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019