Digital TV News: PwC
PwC completes audit of Finecast's delivery and reporting
Jan 13, 2020 – PwC has completed an audit of Finecast’s delivery and reporting of omnichannel addressable TV campaigns in the UK. Finecast is the first addressable TV advertising service provider to complete an external audit of this kind.
News categories: Finecast, PwC, Harry Harcus, Sam Tomlinson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
£10bn growth forecast for UK entertainment & media sector by 2023
Jun 6, 2019 – The growing range of video streaming services available to viewers; demand for internet access and business spend on internet advertising will drive the UK’s entertainment and media sector to grow by £10bn over the next five years, according to PwC.
News categories: PwC, Mark Maitland, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Entertainment & Media - Now it’s getting personal
Jun 5, 2019 – According to PwC, consumers are embracing the expanding opportunities to enjoy media experiences tailored to their needs, and companies are designing offerings and business models to revolve around those personal preferences.
News categories: PwC, Wilson Chow, Ennèl van Eeden, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Consumers moving away from traditional forms of entertainment and media consumption
Mar 19, 2019 – According to PwC, there is a revolution occurring in how consumers access entertainment and media. 38% of global consumers stream entertainment at least daily, and among Gen Z consumers, cord-cutting for entertainment is at more than 50%.
News categories: PwC, John Maxwell, Market Research, Worldwide
Massive Interactive to be acquired by Deltatre
Nov 8, 2018 – Massive Interactive (OTCBB:HUGE) has announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to be acquired by Deltatre. Deltatre will acquire Massive and its subsidiaries in a cash transaction valued at approximately USD $92 million.
News categories: Massive Interactive, Deltatre, Digital TV, MnA, Mobile, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Africa’s entertainment and media industry enters dynamic new era
Sep 19, 2018 – Africa’s entertainment and media (E&M) industry has entered a dynamic new phase - a third wave of convergence. The borders that once separated the E&M, technology and telecommunications industries are blurring in the battle for the attention of the consumer in a world that is rapidly digitising.
News categories: PwC, Vicki Myburgh, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Market Research, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania
UK entertainment & media sector to grow by £8bn over the next 4 years
Jun 6, 2018 – The UK Entertainment and Media sector will be worth £76bn by 2022, according to PwC. Overall, the market will grow by £8bn over the next four years, making the UK the second largest market in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA), after Germany.
News categories: PwC, Mark Maitland, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, UK, VR
PwC releases Global Entertainment & Media Outlook 2018-2022
Jun 5, 2018 – According to PwC, the ongoing rapid evolution of the industry has entered a dynamic new phase. Amid growth that is broad-based and consistent three imperatives are affecting every company in the industry: convergence, connecting with consumers and the need to build trust.
News categories: PwC, Ennèl van Eeden, Christopher Vollmer, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, VR, Worldwide
Sky VR Studio selects Jaunt for immersive content distribution
Jan 8, 2018 – Jaunt has announced a partnership for the Jaunt XR Platform with Sky. Jaunt’s XR Platform is a white label immersive content distribution solution. Sky VR Studio will use the technology to deliver content via its Sky VR app.
News categories: Jaunt, Sky, Dominic Collins, Gary Davey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK, VR
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024