Digital TV News: Shane McCarthy
Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
Feb 11, 2020 – Irdeto has partnered with Mediaset España to securely deliver content through its OTT service, Mitele Plus. Mediaset España has been able to simplify operations by supporting multiple DRMs and sharing head-end infrastructure.
News categories: Irdeto, Mitele, Shane McCarthy, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Spain
ivi selects Irdeto watermarking to protect OTT content
Jan 29, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that its TraceMark forensic watermarking solution has been chosen by ivi in a bid to fight online piracy. The partnership highlights Irdeto’s continued expansion into the Russian market, supporting local operators and content providers.
News categories: Irdeto, ivi, Shane McCarthy, Evgeni Rossinski, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Watermarking
beIN SPORTS chooses Pace HD STBs and Home Media Servers
Mar 10, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it has been selected by Middle-Eastern Pay TV provider, beIN SPORTS, to supply Home Media Servers and High Definition set-top boxes .
News categories: Pace plc, beIN SPORTS, Roger Hall, Shane McCarthy, Digital TV, Home Server, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box
Pace to launch STB for Indian Cable MSOs at SCaT 2013
Oct 24, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it will preview its Standard Definition (SD) MPEG-2 cable set-top box (STB), designed with features and functions to meet the specific needs of Cable MSO's, at this year's SCaT, in Mumbai.
News categories: Pace plc, Shane McCarthy, Cable TV, India, Set Top Box
Norway's Altibox selects Pace Whole Home solution
Oct 22, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it is to provide a full whole home solution to Altibox, the Norwegian triple-play service provider. The deal involves the deployment of the complete Pace software and hardware platform.
News categories: Pace plc, Altibox, Shane McCarthy, Nils Arne Bakke, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Norway, Set Top Box
Foxtel selects Pace's Whole Home software
Sep 13, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that its Elements Whole Home software has been chosen by Australia's Foxtel. Pace’s Elements Whole Home software platform is based on open source components and enables the rapid deployment of advanced hybrid services.
News categories: Pace plc, Foxtel, Shane McCarthy, Michael Ivanchenko, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Pace and MultiChoice work with South Africa's Vektronix to build DStv Explora
Aug 1, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC), in partnership with MultiChoice, has announced that it is working with local South African manufacturer Vektronix to assemble and deliver MultiChoice's new HD PVR decoder, the DStv Explora.
News categories: Pace plc, MultiChoice, Vektronix, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, South Africa
Pace supplies gateway and client for GET's converged services platform
Mar 7, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it has commenced deliveries of its Media Gateway and client device platform to support new converged home services for GET subscribers in Norway.
News categories: Pace plc, GET, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Norway, Set Top Box
Pace Picks Up Speed in Indian Cable Market
Aug 31, 2012 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that its software, conditional access and set-top box solution has been selected by Indian cable operators, Delhi Distribution Company (DDC), Faction Digital, and New Delhi and Kozhikode Cablecommunicators (KCL).
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVR, India, Middleware, Set Top Box
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage