Digital TV News: T-Mobile US
T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
Oct 27, 2020 – T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the company’s latest Un-carrier move, three distinct streaming services — TVision LIVE, VIBE and CHANNELS — and the TVision HUB, a streaming device, available nationwide on November 1.
News categories: T-Mobile, Mike Sievert, Android TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
T-Mobile US and Sprint to combine
Apr 29, 2018 – T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) and Sprint Corporation (NYSE: S) have announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement to merge in an all-stock transaction. The combined company will be named T-Mobile.
News categories: T-Mobile US, Sprint Corp, MnA, Mobile, USA
T-Mobile closes Layer3 TV acquisition
Jan 23, 2018 – T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) has announced the completion of its acquisition of Layer3 TV. The Layer3 TV team has joined T-Mobile and will drive the Un-carrier’s initiative to launch a disruptive new TV service in 2018.
News categories: T-Mobile, Layer3 TV, John Legere, Digital TV, MnA, Mobile, OTT, USA
T-Mobile announces the acquisition of Layer3 TV
Dec 13, 2017 – T-Mobile US (NASDAQ: TMUS) has unveiled the next phase in its mobile video strategy, announcing plans to launch a TV service in 2018. To fuel that, the company also announced that it is to acquire Layer3 TV, and will work with them to create the TV service.
News categories: T-Mobile, Layer3 TV, John Legere, Mike Sievert, Jeff Binder, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, USA
Openwave Mobility launches in-network app monetization for OTT
Feb 28, 2017 – Openwave Mobility has launched the industry’s first generic NFV-based application monetization solution. Operators can now identify all individual data flows on their network and separately bill or zero-rate data use for any specific service.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Indranil Chatterjee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC20, OTT, Worldwide
LTE subscriber base to reach 1.4 billion at end-2015
Jun 12, 2015 – ABI Research estimates that there will be nearly 1.37 billion 4G LTE subscribers worldwide by year-end 2015, up from nearly 650 million in 2014. ABI Research forecasts that the LTE subscriber base will exceed 3.5 billion by 2020.
News categories: ABI Research, 5G, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Deutsche Telekom records strong mobile contract customer growth and leading position on market for new DSL customers
Jan 29, 2008 – Between the beginning of September and the end of the year, the total number of customers connected to T-Home's Entertain IPTV package was 116,000 with 150,000 packages having been sold by the end of 2007.
News categories: T-Home, Deutsche Telekom, Broadband, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system