Digital TV News: TeraVolt
TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
Nov 19, 2020 – ZDF has awarded the contract for the development of its media library, for HbbTV and Smart TV, to TeraVolt. TeraVolt is to optimize ZDF Mediathek for TV portals as well as for platforms such as MagentaTV and Sky.
News categories: TeraVolt, ZDF, Tobias Fröhlich, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, OTT, Smart TV
Fire TV has high penetration in Germany but falls behind on usage
Nov 9, 2020 – HbbTV, Amazon Fire TV, and Samsung Tizen are today most often found in Germans' living rooms. However, when looking at actual usage, the importance of the TV platforms of Telekom, Vodafone and Sky is already becoming apparent.
News categories: TeraVolt, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box, Smart TV
TeraVolt analyses TV app platforms in Germany
Oct 17, 2019 – TeraVolt has analysed with the help of an expert panel how to reach as many German households as possible with TV apps. According to the analysis, HbbTV represents the largest hardware segment. By 2023, it will grow to 20 million households.
News categories: TeraVolt, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Ooyala unveils Google Cloud integrations at NAB 2019
Apr 8, 2019 – Ooyala will showcase a range of new features for its Ooyala Flex Media Platform at NAB 2019. The platform now integrates with Google Cloud Video Intelligence and Google Cloud’s AI and Machine Learning products, for precise video analysis and metadata enrichment.
News categories: Ooyala, Google Cloud, Jonathan Huberman, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic