Digital TV News: VIZIO
ALBtelecom launches ALB TV IPTV service in Albania
Apr 14, 2014 – ALBtelecom has announced the launch of its Alb TV IPTV service in Albania. The service is available in Korçë and Pogradec, and by the summer of this year the service will cover the entire country.
News categories: ALBtelecom, Floreta Zhulali, Albania, Digital TV, IPTV
Samsung, Vizio control U.S. Smart TV market
Mar 10, 2014 – The majority of Smart TV shipments in the United States were fulfilled by Samsung and Vizio Flat Panel TVs (FPTV) in Q4 2013, according to the latest Strategy Analytics research.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Eric Smith, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Opera launches Chromium/Blink engine for RDK set-top boxes
Dec 13, 2013 – Opera Software has announced that pay-TV operators and their partners deploying the Reference Design Kit (RDK) can now use the Chromium/Blink engine, via the Opera Devices SDK, in their set-top boxes.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, App, Cable TV, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
VIZIO Introduces the Co-Star™ LT Stream Player
Oct 16, 2013 – VIZIO has announced the launch of Co-Star LT, a stream player that allows consumers to transform any HDTV into a smart TV, merging live and streaming entertainment into one TV-watching experience.
News categories: VIZIO, Matt McRae, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
4Kx2K LCD TV Panel Shipments Expected to Reach 2.6M in 2013
Mar 14, 2013 – According to the latest NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly Large Area TFT Panel Shipment Report, TFT LCD panel suppliers are forecast to ship 2.6 million 4Kx2K LCD TV panels (also known as Ultra HD) worldwide in 2013, up more than 40-fold from 63 thousand in 2012.
News categories: DisplaySearch, David Hsieh, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
2013 to be Breakout Year for 4Kx2K TV
Jan 29, 2013 – More than half a million 4Kx2K TVs are forecast to ship this year, growing to more than 7 million by 2016, according to NPD DisplaySearch. The 4Kx2K trend was first seen at IFA 2012 as TV manufacturers search for the next technology transition to attract consumers to upgrade their TVs.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Sigma Designs Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results
Sep 5, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its second fiscal quarter ended July 28, 2012. Net revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 was $68.3 million, up $21.6 million, or 46%, from $46.7 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Home Networking, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Mobile Integration Key to 57 Million Smart Set-Top Box Market
Jul 20, 2012 – Smart set-top boxes often garner less attention than other connected CE devices like TVs and game consoles. Even so, set-top box shipments are expected to reach as high as 57 million by 2017, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, OTT, Set Top Box
Rising Popularity of 3D Content Drives the Global 3D TV Market
Jul 17, 2012 – According to Global Industry Analysts (GIA) the market for 3D TVs is projected to exceed 200 million units by 2018, primarily driven by increased consumer interest, falling prices of 3D TVs, and the introduction of 3D standards.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, 3D, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
- Amino and Vision247 to deliver OTT multiscreen TV
- Dutch digital TV market grows to 6.76 million lines, 87.7% digital
- Watson Nordic taps Agama for multiscreen OTT service assurance
- AirTies and Norigin Media to launch STB with OTT apps and casting
- Afghanistan officially launches digital TV broadcasting
- Serbia begins digital TV switchover
- Philippines' Smart mobile adds Blink VOD access
- Ericsson and Polkomtel test LTE Broadcast in Poland
- MStar Semi first to integrate Irdeto FlexiCore Processor technology
- Telefonica deploys TeleIDEA Smartware in South America
- MStar Semi to integrate Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall Security Core
- Envivio powers Beijing Gehua CATV cloud video service
- Energy efficient set-top boxes saving hundreds of millions of dollars
- More 4K UHD TVs shipped in Q2 2014 than in all 2013
- Spark New Zealand selects OTT platform provider, Xstream
- Videotron releases illico X8 set-top box
- Chunghwa Telecom to conduct 4K HEVC streaming trial with Broadpeak
- Fifth of Europe's TV homes to subscribe to online packages by 2020
- Canada's Rogers and Shaw launch 'shomi' subscription VOD service
- Ecuavisa launches HD DTT with ATEME