Digital TV News: VIZIO
VIZIO SmartCast TV adds Amazon Video
Aug 7, 2017 – VIZIO has announced the addition of Amazon Video to its VIZIO SmartCast TV platform. SmartCast TV users can now conveniently access content from Amazon Video, along with other favorite apps, right on the big screen with just a tap of the remote.
News categories: VIZIO, Matt McRae, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO SmartCast TV brings apps to the big screen
Aug 2, 2017 – VIZIO has announced the rollout of VIZIO SmartCast TV to select models. SmartCast TV is a way for viewers to access content from apps with just a tap of the remote. An intuitive home screen greets viewers with content recommendations.
News categories: VIZIO, Matt McRae, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Pluto TV launches free Video On Demand offering
May 16, 2017 – Pluto TV has announced the launch of a free Video on Demand (VoD) offering. Like Pluto TV's lean-back TV channels, the VoD offering is powered by content partnerships with major networks, studios, and digital media brands.
News categories: Pluto TV, Tom Ryan, Digital TV, OTT, USA
AT&T offers 3 ways to stream video
Nov 28, 2016 – AT&T has begun offering 3 video streaming services – DIRECTV NOW, FreeVIEW and Fullscreen, delivering video over a technology platform that will have multiple product capabilities.
News categories: AT&T, John Stankey, Apps, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, USA
Worldwide TV market begins to stabilise
Nov 23, 2016 – After a 2% decline in worldwide TV shipments last year, 2016 is showing signs of a turnaround, with the market flattening out to end the year on 225 million units, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Jack Wetherill, David Tett, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Fandango launches on-demand video service, FandangoNOW
Mar 16, 2016 – Fandango has announced the launch of FandangoNOW, the company’s premium on-demand video service, offering a library of movies and TV shows for purchase and rental on a wide variety of connected, OTT and mobile devices.
News categories: Fandango, Paul Yanover, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, USA
Albania to roll-out DVB-T2 network with Rohde & Schwarz
Dec 8, 2015 – Albania’s public broadcaster RTSH (Albanian Radio and Television) is converting its nationwide broadcast network to DVB-T2. Rohde & Schwarz is delivering a turnkey solution. 96.5 percent of the population in Albania will then receive digital DVB-T2 signals.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, RTSH, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Samsung leads U.S. 4K TV market
Dec 2, 2015 – Parks Associates research has found that in teh U.S. up to mid-2015, more Samsung 4K TV sets were sold than any other brand. Samsung accounted for 28% of 4K TV purchases made within the last 12 months to U.S. broadband households.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO and Sony Visual Products adopt Dolby AC-4
Jul 14, 2015 – Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) has announced partnerships with VIZIO and Sony Visual Products to drive the adoption of Dolby AC-4 in televisions for next-generation broadcast systems and streaming internet content. Dolby AC-4 is targeted for availability in TVs starting in 2017.
News categories: Dolby, VIZIO, Sony Visual Products, Giles Baker, Matt McRae, Toshi Suzuki, Digital TV, OTT, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
- CASBAA forms Coalition Against Piracy in Asia
- Verizon FIOS video subscribers down 18,000 in 3Q 2017
- Eurofins Digital Testing acquires U.S.-based My Eye Media
- Freeview NZ to launch new on-demand platform and connected PVR
- Brazilian antitrust authority approves AT&T acquisition of Time Warner
- IC Insights raises 2017 IC market forecast to +22%
- Nielsen launches SVOD content ratings
- Optic Communications launches pay TV with Espial
- Encoding.com launches first video QC service in the cloud
- Montage Technology licenses Allegro DVT video encoder IP for STB ICs
- Touchstream debuts live OTT stream content availability monitoring
- true[X] and Innovid partner to bring Engagement Ads to living room devices
- MCTV launches IPTV services with Espial
- Worldwide device shipments to increase 2.0% in 2018
- Vodafone TV launches in New Zealand
- Czech HbbTV adopts header bidding solution from R2B2
- Metrological and ActiveVideo enable OTT on existing STBs
- Kaon adopts monitoring from Greenwave Systems for cable devices
- INSIGHT TV joins Amazon Channels line-up in UK and Germany
- US leads in scripted TV production but volume is declining