Digital TV News: VIZIO
NanoTech UltraFlix 4K streaming for VIZIO TVs
Sep 24, 2014 – NanoTech Entertainment (OTCPINK: NTEK) has announced that its all 4K UltraFlix Network has been selected by VIZIO for inclusion on its new P-Series Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV collection.
News categories: NanoTech Entertainment, VIZIO, Aaron Taylor, Matt McRae, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
ALBtelecom launches ALB TV IPTV service in Albania
Apr 14, 2014 – ALBtelecom has announced the launch of its Alb TV IPTV service in Albania. The service is available in Korçë and Pogradec, and by the summer of this year the service will cover the entire country.
News categories: ALBtelecom, Floreta Zhulali, Albania, Digital TV, IPTV
Samsung, Vizio control U.S. Smart TV market
Mar 10, 2014 – The majority of Smart TV shipments in the United States were fulfilled by Samsung and Vizio Flat Panel TVs (FPTV) in Q4 2013, according to the latest Strategy Analytics research.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Eric Smith, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Opera launches Chromium/Blink engine for RDK set-top boxes
Dec 13, 2013 – Opera Software has announced that pay-TV operators and their partners deploying the Reference Design Kit (RDK) can now use the Chromium/Blink engine, via the Opera Devices SDK, in their set-top boxes.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Cable TV, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
VIZIO Introduces the Co-Star™ LT Stream Player
Oct 16, 2013 – VIZIO has announced the launch of Co-Star LT, a stream player that allows consumers to transform any HDTV into a smart TV, merging live and streaming entertainment into one TV-watching experience.
News categories: VIZIO, Matt McRae, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
4Kx2K LCD TV Panel Shipments Expected to Reach 2.6M in 2013
Mar 14, 2013 – According to the latest NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly Large Area TFT Panel Shipment Report, TFT LCD panel suppliers are forecast to ship 2.6 million 4Kx2K LCD TV panels (also known as Ultra HD) worldwide in 2013, up more than 40-fold from 63 thousand in 2012.
News categories: DisplaySearch, David Hsieh, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
2013 to be Breakout Year for 4Kx2K TV
Jan 29, 2013 – More than half a million 4Kx2K TVs are forecast to ship this year, growing to more than 7 million by 2016, according to NPD DisplaySearch. The 4Kx2K trend was first seen at IFA 2012 as TV manufacturers search for the next technology transition to attract consumers to upgrade their TVs.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Sigma Designs Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 Results
Sep 5, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its second fiscal quarter ended July 28, 2012. Net revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 was $68.3 million, up $21.6 million, or 46%, from $46.7 million reported for the same period last year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Home Networking, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Mobile Integration Key to 57 Million Smart Set-Top Box Market
Jul 20, 2012 – Smart set-top boxes often garner less attention than other connected CE devices like TVs and game consoles. Even so, set-top box shipments are expected to reach as high as 57 million by 2017, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, OTT, Set Top Box
- AT&T adds 216,000 U-verse TV subscribers in 3Q 2014
- HD and VOD feed Latin America's pay TV growth
- Pace achieves Minerva certification for IPTV STBs
- FUTURECAST ATSC 3.0 physical layer tested in Wisconsin
- SoftAtHome integrates Z-Wave networking with Sigma Designs
- Express-AM6 DTH satellite put into orbit over Russia
- Broadcom reports third quarter 2014 results
- Broadpeak Quality of Experience agent integrated with Zenterio OS
- Time Warner Cable rolls-out new DVR in New York and LA
- 64% of U.S. broadband households have Internet-connected CE
- Actions Semi debuts SoC for tablets and OTT set-tops
- Broadcom introduces G.fast SoC for home gateways
- Demand for pay TV video encoders on the rise
- Verizon adds 114,000 video subscribers in 3Q 2014
- Huawei licenses Frog by Wyplay STB middleware
- Airtel and Samsung launch India's first IDTV
- Dominance of pay TV masks strong growth in VOD services
- UK's Freesat adds 8,000 TV homes in 3Q 2014
- Quantenna and SoftAtHome partner for wireless home networks
- Adobe report shows U.S. online TV consumption up 388 percent