Digital TV News: VIZIO
Fandango launches on-demand video service, FandangoNOW
Mar 16, 2016 – Fandango has announced the launch of FandangoNOW, the company’s premium on-demand video service, offering a library of movies and TV shows for purchase and rental on a wide variety of connected, OTT and mobile devices.
News categories: Fandango, Paul Yanover, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, USA
Albania to roll-out DVB-T2 network with Rohde & Schwarz
Dec 8, 2015 – Albania’s public broadcaster RTSH (Albanian Radio and Television) is converting its nationwide broadcast network to DVB-T2. Rohde & Schwarz is delivering a turnkey solution. 96.5 percent of the population in Albania will then receive digital DVB-T2 signals.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, RTSH, Albania, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Terrestrial
Samsung leads U.S. 4K TV market
Dec 2, 2015 – Parks Associates research has found that in teh U.S. up to mid-2015, more Samsung 4K TV sets were sold than any other brand. Samsung accounted for 28% of 4K TV purchases made within the last 12 months to U.S. broadband households.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO and Sony Visual Products adopt Dolby AC-4
Jul 14, 2015 – Dolby Laboratories (NYSE: DLB) has announced partnerships with VIZIO and Sony Visual Products to drive the adoption of Dolby AC-4 in televisions for next-generation broadcast systems and streaming internet content. Dolby AC-4 is targeted for availability in TVs starting in 2017.
News categories: Dolby, VIZIO, Sony Visual Products, Giles Baker, Matt McRae, Toshi Suzuki, Digital TV, OTT, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Leading TV brands now more reliant on Chinese manufacturers
Jun 22, 2015 – TVs made by outsourcing specialists are expected to reach an industry record of 43 percent of LCD TVs shipped globally in 2015, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Outsourcing manufacturing has become one of the most important business strategies for TV brands.
News categories: IHS Inc, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Netflix announces 'Netflix Recommended TV' program
Jan 5, 2015 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has announced its 'Netflix Recommended TV' program, an independent smart TV evaluation program to help consumers identify televisions built for a superior Internet TV experience.
News categories: Netflix, Neil Hunt, CES2016, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
1.9 connected TV devices per broadband household in USA
Dec 10, 2014 – Ownership of Connected TV Devices (including smart TVs, smart blu-ray players, IP-enabled game consoles and digital media streamers) in the U.S. grew 5 percent quarter-on-quarter in Q3 2014 and 28 percent year-on-year to reach 168 million units.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Eric Smith, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
4K/Ultra HD leads TV growth in the U.S.
Nov 6, 2014 – The 4K/UHD format is the driver of growth within the flat panel television category, with U.S. sales reaching $668 million so far this year, now accounting for more than 7 percent of overall revenue according to The NPD Group.
News categories: NPD Group, Stephen Baker, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
NanoTech UltraFlix 4K streaming for VIZIO TVs
Sep 24, 2014 – NanoTech Entertainment (OTCPINK: NTEK) has announced that its all 4K UltraFlix Network has been selected by VIZIO for inclusion on its new P-Series Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV collection.
News categories: NanoTech Entertainment, VIZIO, Aaron Taylor, Matt McRae, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
- Samsung announces NAGRA-based USB CA dongle for Smart TVs
- Okko and NetRange join forces in Smart TV
- Alpha Networks selects ContentWise TV personalization
- AB Groupe selects Ericsson for France’s first Ultra HD channel
- Streaming video customer satisfaction highest when paired with pay TV
- Romania's RCS & RDS picks Irdeto for digital TV CAMs
- Intelsat 36 launch adds DTH capacity for Sub-Saharan Africa
- 4K TV market split between Dolby Vision and HDR10
- Netflix growth continues as Amazon Prime Video momentum builds
- GatesAir completes second phase of DVB-T2 network in Kuwait
- North American homes average seven active connected devices
- Samsung 2016 UHD TV models achieve European certification
- Top LatAm pay TV operators continue to dominate
- Disney Movies Anywhere adds Fios by Verizon to its digital footprint
- Majority of Netflix subscribers to be outside US by 2018
- Harmonic to show virtual reality with UHD resolution at IBCShow
- Skyworth claims global number three STB slot
- Buying, renting videos by title not making leap to the digital marketplace
- Video technology players continue to dwindle as platform ownership desires surge
- Varying growth opportunities for Asia Pacific pay-TV service providers