Digital TV News: VIZIO
Market for 4K UHD technologies exploding
Feb 19, 2018 – The huge growth forecast for 4K UHD global markets stems from the technology’s growing adoption, rising disposable incomes, technological advancements, expanding 4K content and increasing TV unit sales.
News categories: BCC Research, Anand Bhandari, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
4C Insights integrates Inscape's Smart TV data
Jan 29, 2018 – 4C Insights has announced a deal to integrate automatic content recognition (ACR) from Inscape, the Smart TV data company. Through the partnership, marketers can now access Inscape’s smart TV viewership data within the 4C software platform.
News categories: 4C Insights, Inscape, Anupam Gupta, Jodie McAfee, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
VIZIO SmartCast TV adds Amazon Video
Aug 7, 2017 – VIZIO has announced the addition of Amazon Video to its VIZIO SmartCast TV platform. SmartCast TV users can now conveniently access content from Amazon Video, along with other favorite apps, right on the big screen with just a tap of the remote.
News categories: VIZIO, Matt McRae, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
VIZIO SmartCast TV brings apps to the big screen
Aug 2, 2017 – VIZIO has announced the rollout of VIZIO SmartCast TV to select models. SmartCast TV is a way for viewers to access content from apps with just a tap of the remote. An intuitive home screen greets viewers with content recommendations.
News categories: VIZIO, Matt McRae, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Pluto TV launches free Video On Demand offering
May 16, 2017 – Pluto TV has announced the launch of a free Video on Demand (VoD) offering. Like Pluto TV's lean-back TV channels, the VoD offering is powered by content partnerships with major networks, studios, and digital media brands.
News categories: Pluto TV, Tom Ryan, Digital TV, OTT, USA
AT&T offers 3 ways to stream video
Nov 28, 2016 – AT&T has begun offering 3 video streaming services – DIRECTV NOW, FreeVIEW and Fullscreen, delivering video over a technology platform that will have multiple product capabilities.
News categories: AT&T, John Stankey, Apps, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, USA
Worldwide TV market begins to stabilise
Nov 23, 2016 – After a 2% decline in worldwide TV shipments last year, 2016 is showing signs of a turnaround, with the market flattening out to end the year on 225 million units, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Jack Wetherill, David Tett, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Fandango launches on-demand video service, FandangoNOW
Mar 16, 2016 – Fandango has announced the launch of FandangoNOW, the company’s premium on-demand video service, offering a library of movies and TV shows for purchase and rental on a wide variety of connected, OTT and mobile devices.
News categories: Fandango, Paul Yanover, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, USA
Albania to roll-out DVB-T2 network with Rohde & Schwarz
Dec 8, 2015 – Albania’s public broadcaster RTSH (Albanian Radio and Television) is converting its nationwide broadcast network to DVB-T2. Rohde & Schwarz is delivering a turnkey solution. 96.5 percent of the population in Albania will then receive digital DVB-T2 signals.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, RTSH, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
- Global digital pay TV subscriptions pass one billion in 2017
- America's appetite for streaming video continues to grow
- Tata Sky mobile app’s video experience revived by Accedo
- More than 40 million devices now running RDK
- Intertrust DRM selected for milplusTV streaming service in Japan
- ENENSYS technology deployed in live ATSC 3.0 showcase
- LG partners with NIPA to promote webOS Open Source Edition
- Eastern Europe digital pay TV subscribers to grow 27% between 2017 and 2023
- Mongol TV goes live with Brightcove OTT Flow
- Tencent Video subscriptions reach 62.59 million at end-February 2018
- Baidu and Skyworth to jointly build AI ecosystem for Smart Homes
- Turner consolidates international digital advertising activity
- One in five U.S. broadband households use a digital antenna to access live TV
- Akamai enables Dynamic Ad Insertion in live cricket on SonyLIV
- U.S. set-top box energy efficiency voluntary agreement extended
- SpotX matches media buyers to Pluto TV’s OTT TV service
- ATEME and CANAL+ extend partnership to include UHD premium services
- Traditional U.S. pay TV subscriptions down 3.7% in 2017
- TV ‘cord-cutting’ in Canada slows in 2017
- Live TV viewing has continued to decline among U.S. broadband households