5G (LTE, 4G, 3G) Mobile Broadband News
TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
Sep 15, 2020 – Catalonia's TV3 is to trial a 5G immersive sport experience at the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship (WorldSBK), due to take place at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya from the 18th to 20th of September.
News categories: TV3, Guttmann Institute, IRI-UPC, Kataclack, Vodafone, 5G, Digital TV, Spain, VR
Skyboxe receives FCC certification for 4G TV gateway
Sep 1, 2020 – Skyboxe has announced that its Skyboxe Hub 4G has received an equipment authorization from the FCC. The Skyboxe Hub 4G combines hardware and data connectivity with entertainment and productivity software.
News categories: Skyboxe, Jeff Allen, 5G, Digital TV, Gateway, Set Top Box, USA
StarHub offers Antstream Arcade retro game streaming
Aug 26, 2020 – Antstream Arcade has partnered with StarHub to enable customers to experience gaming with zero lag on StarHub's 5G service. StarHub’s Mobile+ customers can now stream retro video games on almost any device of their choosing.
News categories: StarHub, Antstream, Donovan Kik, Steve Cottam, 5G, Gaming, OTT, Singapore
Spacecom and NOVELSAT demonstrate video delivery over AMOS-17 satellite
Aug 19, 2020 – Spacecom (TASE: SCC) and NOVELSAT have demonstrated end-to-end delivery of video over AMOS-17, from network core to network edge, serving user devices over a wireless network and showcasing a high-quality user experience.
News categories: Spacecom, NOVELSAT, Eran Shapiro, Aviv Ronai, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Viaccess-Orca 5G-compatible VR player deployed by PCCW Media
Jul 23, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that its secure video player, supporting the delivery of virtual reality (VR) and 8K video over 5G networks, has been deployed by PCCW Media for its new VR content.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, PCCW, Philippe Lasry, Belinda Chan, 5G, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Media Player, VR
5G expected to replace broadcast for TV content access
Jul 16, 2020 – According to a global survey of broadcasters, 82% believe that cellular networks like 5G will eventually replace traditional broadcast distribution as the preferred way to access TV content.
News categories: Nevion, Andy Rayner, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Rohde & Schwarz and Digita complete DVB-T2 network upgrade in Finland
May 14, 2020 – In Finland, Rohde & Schwarz has announced the completion of a DVB-T2 terrestrial TV transmitter network upgrade that spans the entire country. Working with Digita, Rohde & Schwarz has supplied more than 80 UHF HD transmitters.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Digita Oy, Manfred Reitmeier, Pekka Mattila, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Finland
LiveU selected by NTT DOCOMO for live video streaming over 5G
Apr 27, 2020 – LiveU technology has been selected by NTT DOCOMO for live video streaming over its newly-launched 5G network. DOCOMO will promote a variety of LiveU’s HEVC bonding transmission products bundled with its 5G and 4G connectivity.
News categories: LiveU, NTT DOCOMO, Yaal Eshel, Takeshi Funakoshi, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, OTT
Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
Mar 29, 2020 – Velocix has introduced mobile-optimised CDN software targeting 5G video applications. The company uses multi-tier CDN delivery and inter-cache communications technology to reduce traffic demands over mobile backhaul networks by as much as 30%.
News categories: Velocix, Jim Brickmeier, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
- NAGRA video platform powers Claro Box TV in Colombia
- OTTera integrated into the IRIS.TV video data ecosystem
- Peacock coming to Sky later this year
- Redge Media compliant with IAB TCF 2.0
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 399,000 in 2Q 2021
- Playstation 5 surpasses 10 million units sold
- 52% of U.S. consumers stop paying attention when ads come on the TV
- Tata Sky Binge delivers streaming app aggregation with ThinkAnalytics
- USSI Global to bring DOOH analytics to NEXTGEN TV broadcasters
- Altice USA reports video net losses of 48,000 for 2Q 2021
- Total Play video RGUs up 48% YoY in Q2 2021 to 1,933,880
- Gap between OTT and traditional pay TV continues to widen in the U.S.
- OTT to pull down pay TV revenues in China
- German pay TV and paid video surpasses €4 billion in 2020
- SERAPHIC upgrades TV browser with HbbTV 2.0.3 support
- Magnite to manage ad placement for Brazil's NetMovies
- Acxiom and Totalplay to provide addressable audiences in Mexico
- Undertone launches CTV ad solution for improved consumer engagement
- More than seventy 8K TVs now certified by the 8K Association
- Ocean Blue Software acquires Advanced Media Group from EKT