Angola Digital TV News
ZON Multimédia to offer satellite Pay TV in Angola
Dec 20, 2009 – ZON Multimédia (Lisbon:ZON) has announced that it plans to expand into Angola through a joint venture to be owned 30% by ZON Multimedia and 70% by SOCIP, with the purpose of developing a satellite based Pay TV offer.
News categories: ZON Multimédia, Angola, Digital TV, Satellite
Angola Telecom launches television by satellite in Cabinda
Dec 9, 2009 – Angola Telecom has launched a DTH television service in the Angolan enclave of Cabinda under the name 'UAU TV'. The service consists of 12 channels including TPA 1 and 2, RTP-Ãfrica, RTP Internacional, TVZimbo and Band Internacional.
News categories: Angola Telecom, Angola, Digital TV, Satellite
Multichoice Africa DTH reaches 1 million subscribers in 3Q09
Nov 26, 2009 – Naspers (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has announced results for the six months ended 30 September 2009. In South Africa the base grew by 238,000 to 2,639,000 households. In the rest of sub-Saharan Africa the base grew by 114,000 to 1,030,000 homes.
News categories: Naspers, MultiChoice, Irdeto, Angola, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DVR, Ghana, Kenya, Middleware, Namibia, Nigeria, Results, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Africa's SADC sets 2013 analogue switch-off deadline
Jul 16, 2009 – The Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) has set December 2013 as the deadline for its members to switch from analogue to digital broadcasting.
News categories: SADC, Angola, Botswana, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Zambia, Zimbabwe
SatLink Launches New DTH Platform to Africa on Astra 4A
Apr 19, 2009 – SatLink Communications has announced that it has acquired its own capacity covering sub-Saharan Africa on ASTRA's Astra 4A (Sirius 4) satellite located at 5° East. The MCPC platform is for DTH broadcasters aiming to cover the region.
News categories: SatLink, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
GlobeCast launches new African DTH distribution platform on Astra 4A
Mar 3, 2009 – GlobeCast has announced that its African DTH platform has successfully started transmissions on SES ASTRA's Astra 4A (Sirius 4) satellite. African broadcaster VoxAfrica is one of the first channels to sign up for the new platform.
News categories: GlobeCast, VoxAfrica, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Naspers Limited Interim Results
Nov 26, 2008 – Naspers (JSE:NPN, LSE:NPSN) has announced its results for the six months ended September 2008. Pay-television (Multichoice) recorded exceptionally strong growth of 171,000 new subscribers. Irdeto shipped 8.3m units in 1H FY08.
News categories: Naspers, Multichoice, Irdeto, Angola, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, Ghana, Kenya, Middleware, Mobile, Namibia, Nigeria, Results, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
A newcomer is shaking up satellite television in Africa
Aug 14, 2008 – Gateway Communications's satellite-television subsidiary GTV, a company created just over a year ago, has signed up more than 100,000 customers in 20 countries - which, it reckons, translates into 1.25m regular viewers.
News categories: Gateway Communications, GTV, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Naspers Provisional Results for the Financial Year Ended 31 March 2008
Jun 25, 2008 – Naspers (JSE: NPN) has reported a 19% increase in revenue to R20,5 billion. Over the period the total pay-TV subscriber base grew by 13% (246,000 additional equated homes) to 2,5 million subscribers under management.
News categories: Naspers, Angola, Cyprus, Digital TV, DVR, Ghana, Greece, Kenya, Mobile, Namibia, Nigeria, Results, Satellite, South Africa, Subscribers, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools