Apps (Smart TV, Tablet, Smartphone) News
XUMO gains distribution on Sony and Panasonic TVs
Jan 2, 2020 – XUMO has announced the addition of Sony and Panasonic to its existing distribution network with LG. This expansion guarantees significant global distribution for both content owners and advertisers partnered with XUMO at present and in the future.
News categories: XUMO, Sony Electronics, Panasonic, LG Electronics, Colin Petrie-Norris, Nick Colsey, Yasunari Anan, Sangwoo Lee, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
RCN, Grande, Wave launch Amazon Prime Video app on TiVo STBs
Dec 20, 2019 – RCN, Grande and Wave have announced the availability of the Amazon Prime Video app through the company’s TiVo set-top boxes. Pay-TV subscribers with an Amazon Prime membership can stream content via the Prime Video app on their TiVo devices.
News categories: TiVo, RCN, Grande Communications, Wave Broadband, Prime Video, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Amazon Prime app added to DISH Hopper 3
Dec 16, 2019 – DISH has released the Amazon Prime Video app on Hopper 3, expanding the streaming options on the DVR. Amazon Prime complements the existing DISH experience by allowing customers to stream Amazon content from the same platform as their DISH TV programming.
News categories: DISH Network, Prime Video, Brian Neylon, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Consolidated Communications expands CCiTV coverage in Northern New England
Dec 16, 2019 – Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ: CNSL) has announced that CCiTV is now available throughout Northern New England. The Company is introducing the TV service to consumers in Vermont, as well as adding further locations in Maine and New Hampshire.
News categories: Consolidated Communications, Rob Koester, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Tata Sky Binge offers content from multiple apps via a dedicated Fire TV Stick
Dec 16, 2019 – Tata Sky has launched Tata Sky Binge. Tata Sky Binge is accessible through a Tata Sky Edition of the Amazon FireTV Stick, and allows subscribers to stream from a diverse mix of apps through a single platform, with a single subscription fee.
News categories: Tata Sky, Amazon, Pallavi Puri, Parag Gupta, Gaurav Gandhi, Rishika Lulla Singh, Siddhartha Roy, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
Comcast and NuEyes enable customers with visual disabilities to see TV with Smartglasses
Dec 11, 2019 – Comcast has announced a partnership with wearable technology startup NuEyes to bring the Xfinity Stream entertainment viewing experience to visually impaired customers through NuEyes virtual reality technology. The Xfinity Stream app is now available on the NuEyes e2 smartglasses.
News categories: Comcast, NuEyes, Tom Wlodkowski, Mark Greget, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA, UX
Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
Dec 5, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has announced that it has partnered with TiVo to deliver the Prime Video app to select TiVo devices. Atlantic Broadband was among the first multi-system cable operators in the U.S. to launch a TiVo gateway in 2013.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, TiVo, Amazon Prime Video, Heather McCallion, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
Dec 3, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has launched the Prime Video app on select TiVo devices at its U.S. pay-TV operator customers. Content available in the app is easy to find through OneSearch, which serves up entertainment across live TV, on demand, and other streaming video apps.
News categories: TiVo, Amazon Prime Video, Dave Shull, Andrew Bennett, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
Dec 3, 2019 – KPN has added Amazon Prime Video to its Interactive TV menu. The Prime Video app is available to iTV customers with receiver models 2260 and 2952. The service will also be available in 2020 via the new DTV receiver that KPN launched in October.
News categories: KPN, Amazon Prime Video, Stijn Nuijten, Brett Ballbach, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, OTT, Set Top Box
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019