Apps (Smart TV, Tablet, Smartphone) News
RDK6 adds enhancements for IP and hybrid QAM/DVB set-tops
Sep 13, 2023 – Ahead of the 2023 RDK Summit in Amsterdam, RDK Management has announced RDK6 – the newest open-source software bundle designed to power video customer-premise equipment (CPE) for pay TV operators.
News categories: RDK Management, Jason Briggs, Gavin Sheldon, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Streaming technology vendors pre-integrate workflows with Edgio
Sep 11, 2023 – Edgio, Accedo, Bitmovin, Grabyo and Vimond have announced an integration covering the entire streaming tech stack – from content production, personalization and distribution to UX and monetization.
News categories: Edgio, Accedo, Bitmovin, Grabyo, Vimond, Eric Black, Apps, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming
Wiztivi offers app development framework in SaaS format
Sep 11, 2023 – Wiztivi has extended its development Framework to a SaaS format, enabling developers to write code once and natively render it across all major TV, mobile, web and game console platforms.
News categories: Wiztivi, Adhish Kulkarni, Apps, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
MwareTV partners with THEO Technologies to boost viewer QoE
Sep 11, 2023 – MwareTV has announced a collaboration with THEO Technologies to integrate THEOplayer into its TV platform, delivering top-tier video playback experiences across all platforms to its clients.
News categories: MwareTV, THEO Technologies, Sander Kerstens, Steven Tielemans, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2023, Media Player, Streaming, Worldwide
Portuguese Football Federation chooses Pixellot OTT solution
Sep 7, 2023 – Pixellot has announced that the Portuguese Football Federation (FPF) has chosen it to provide a range of video and data services to support its five leagues and National Training Center.
News categories: Pixellot, FPF, Alon Werber, Hugo Freitas, Apps, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal, Streaming, Worldwide
24i and Phenix power multi-screen video experience for Prep Super League
Sep 6, 2023 – 24i and Phenix have announced a combined offer enabling video rights holders to build interactive real-time streaming apps. Prep Super League is the first sports organization to embrace the solution.
News categories: 24i, Phenix, Prep Super League, Donald McGarva, Bill Wilson, Brian Woods, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2023, North America, Streaming, Worldwide
MwareTV to show code-free WYSIWYG OTT app creation tool
Sep 4, 2023 – MwareTV has developed App Builder, a WYSIWYG development tool that, by using drag and drop, allows apps to be created without the need to write code or have any app design experience.
News categories: MwareTV, Sander Kerstens, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2023, Streaming, Worldwide
3SS powers Allente Stream Multiscreen OTT apps
Sep 4, 2023 – Allente, supported by 3SS, has launched its new Allente Stream Multiscreen OTT offering. The operator has gone live with new apps, all based on the 3Ready product platform from 3SS.
News categories: 3SS, Allente, Pierre Donath, Jon Espen Nergård, Apps, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, IBC2023, Norway, Streaming, Sweden
Yospace provides SSAI for streaming app from Norway's TV 2
Aug 17, 2023 – Norway's TV 2 has selected Yospace to support server-side ad insertion (SSAI) on its TV 2 Play app. The app integrated SSAI for VOD content at launch, with livestreams to be added in the autumn.
News categories: Yospace, TV 2, Edward New, Roy Kenneth Venjum, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2023, Norway, Streaming
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set