DVB-MHP (Multimedia Home Platform) News
Tivù and Intertrust to Provide Marlin DRM Services for the Italian Internet TV Market
Mar 8, 2011 – Tivù and Intertrust have announced a partnership to create Marlin Digital Rights Management (DRM) based services for Italian broadcasters wishing to create 'over the top' Internet TV channels.
News categories: Intertrust, Tivù, Content Protection, DRM, DVB-MHP, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ADB, First Media Team Up to Launch Indonesia's 1st HD Pay-TV Service
Aug 10, 2010 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX:ADBN) has announced that Indonesia-based First Media (IDX: KBLV), will use ADB's products and solutions to deploy the country's first high-definition pay-TV service.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, First Media Tbk, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Indonesia, Middleware, Set Top Box
Strategy & Technology IBC 2010 Preview
Jul 14, 2010 – S&T will be showcasing a number of new products at IBC, and will also be exhibiting in the 'IBC Connected World' area.
News categories: S&T, DVB-MHP, IBCShowcase, MHEG-5, Middleware
ETSI Formally Adopts New Release Of GEM/MHP Interactive Standards
Feb 15, 2010 – DVB has announced that ETSI has adopted as standards the new release versions of the MHP 1.2.2 and GEM 1.2.2 specifications. GEM now takes over the role of DVB's primary middleware specification, and MHP becomes a derived specification based on GEM.
News categories: DVB Project, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
16.7 million DTT receivers sold in Italy in 2009
Feb 10, 2010 – The DGTVi publishes a regular research report covering the development of the digital terrestrial market in Italy. Sales of integrated digital TVs (IDTVs) were 6.7 million, and sales of DTT set-top boxes (STBs) were 10.0 million in 2009.
News categories: DGTVi, GfK, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, Italy, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Icareus delivers MHP Solution to Radio Television Brunei
Jan 15, 2010 – Icareus has delivered Interactive TV Solutions to Radio Television Brunei (RTB). With Icareus' iTV products and solutions, RTB interactivates all their TV channels based on MHP standard environment.
News categories: Icareus, Radio Television Brunei, Brunei, Content Distribution, DVB-MHP, Terrestrial
Spain - January DTT monthly update released
Jan 12, 2010 – According to Impulsa-TDT, 785,000 DTT receivers were sold in November, giving a cumulative total for Spain of 24.2 million units. Based on reporting from TNS Sofres, penetration of DTT in Spanish households was 77.4% in December.
News categories: Impulsa-TDT, DVB-MHP, DVD, DVR, Market Research, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Spain, Terrestrial
SeaChange International Announces Agreement to Acquire VividLogic, Inc.
Jan 7, 2010 – SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced that it has entered into a binding agreement to acquire all of the outstanding shares of VividLogic, Inc.
News categories: SeaChange, Cable TV, CES2021, Content Protection, DVB-MHP, IPTV, Middleware, MnA, Set Top Box
Cable Europe Labs Launches EU-wide Middleware Initiative
Dec 21, 2009 – Cable Europe Labs has announced the launch of its European Middleware Initiative, a project aimed at developing a next generation middleware specification for the European cable market.
News categories: Cable Europe, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-MHP, EU, Middleware, OTT
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5