Nicaragua Digital TV News
Millicom ends 2012 with 558,000 Tigo cable TV customers in Central America
Mar 6, 2013 – Millicom, which operates cable services in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua under the Tigo brand, has reported Financial and Operational Data as at December 31 2012. At the end of the year it had 558,000 cable TV RGUs.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
ROK Powers Mobile TV Services for Claro in Guatemala and Nicaragua
Jun 22, 2011 – ROK Global has announced that following the success of its Mobile TV subscription services with other América Móvil operators ROK-powered Mobile TV is now live with Claro in Guatemala and Nicaragua.
News categories: ROK Global, América Móvil, Guatemala, Mobile, Nicaragua
Nicaragua favouring ISDB-T for DTT
Aug 17, 2010 – According to a statement from the Instituto Nicaragüese de Telecomunicaciones y Correos (Telcor), Nicaragua looks likely to adopt the Brazilian standard for digital terrestrial television if negotiations are successfully concluded with Brazil.
News categories: Instituto Nicaragüese de Telecomunicaciones y Correos, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Nicaragua, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Macrovision's Passport IPG Solution Takes Latin America Cable Audiences to the Cutting Edge of TV
Sep 18, 2008 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that América Móvil (Claro), Cablevisión, Telecentro and Videomar have all chosen to provide Macrovision's Passport IPG solutions to their cable viewers, enhancing their overall TV viewing experience.
News categories: Macrovision, América Móvil, Cablevisión, Telecentro, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Middleware, Nicaragua, Set Top Box
América Móvil launches DTH in Central America
Sep 11, 2008 – América Móvil is planning to launch Claro TV through DTH in Central America: Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala and Nicaragua.
News categories: América Móvil, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Satellite
NDS MediaHighway Middleware Deployed Across DIRECTV Latin America
Feb 14, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that its MediaHighway middleware, currently deployed on 41.6 million set-top boxes worldwide, is being downloaded to all DIRECTV Latin America L10 and L11 set-top boxes as well as the LR15 Digital Video Recorder (DVR).
News categories: NDS Group, DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, DVR, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Middleware, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering