Nicaragua Digital TV News
Millicom ends 2012 with 558,000 Tigo cable TV customers in Central America
Mar 6, 2013 – Millicom, which operates cable services in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua under the Tigo brand, has reported Financial and Operational Data as at December 31 2012. At the end of the year it had 558,000 cable TV RGUs.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
ROK Powers Mobile TV Services for Claro in Guatemala and Nicaragua
Jun 22, 2011 – ROK Global has announced that following the success of its Mobile TV subscription services with other América Móvil operators ROK-powered Mobile TV is now live with Claro in Guatemala and Nicaragua.
News categories: ROK Global, América Móvil, Guatemala, Mobile, Nicaragua
Nicaragua favouring ISDB-T for DTT
Aug 17, 2010 – According to a statement from the Instituto Nicaragüese de Telecomunicaciones y Correos (Telcor), Nicaragua looks likely to adopt the Brazilian standard for digital terrestrial television if negotiations are successfully concluded with Brazil.
News categories: Instituto Nicaragüese de Telecomunicaciones y Correos, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Nicaragua, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Macrovision's Passport IPG Solution Takes Latin America Cable Audiences to the Cutting Edge of TV
Sep 18, 2008 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that América Móvil (Claro), Cablevisión, Telecentro and Videomar have all chosen to provide Macrovision's Passport IPG solutions to their cable viewers, enhancing their overall TV viewing experience.
News categories: Macrovision, América Móvil, Cablevisión, Telecentro, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Middleware, Nicaragua, Set Top Box
América Móvil launches DTH in Central America
Sep 11, 2008 – América Móvil is planning to launch Claro TV through DTH in Central America: Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala and Nicaragua.
News categories: América Móvil, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Satellite
NDS MediaHighway Middleware Deployed Across DIRECTV Latin America
Feb 14, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that its MediaHighway middleware, currently deployed on 41.6 million set-top boxes worldwide, is being downloaded to all DIRECTV Latin America L10 and L11 set-top boxes as well as the LR15 Digital Video Recorder (DVR).
News categories: NDS Group, DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, DVR, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Middleware, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Vewd enables video calling and targeted advertising on the TV
- Rakuten and Telefónica launch event booking app on Movistar+ TV
- C&W Panamá to acquire América Móvil's Panama operations
- Actus Digital to show optimized OTA and OTT monitoring at NAB Amplify
- netplus.ch selects Agama for network monitoring and analytics
- FTTH deployment progressing at a rapid pace in Europe
- Ad Insertion Platform integrates Zixi for targeted ad delivery
- Città Telecom selects SmartLabs for OTT provision
- NAB Show 2021 cancelled as an in person event
- Whip Media partners with Simply.TV for TV metadata
- Record-breaking U.S. movie and TV viewership continued in 1H 2021
- NEXTGEN TV launched in Cincinnati, OH
- Accedo adds support for multiple DRMs to its Marketplace
- Amagi adds FAST channels to Rakuten TV line-up
- Telefónica securely signs Proteus STB software images with Fastcom
- ZEE5 harnesses customer data insights with CSG
- Over 50% of U.S. households now combine a Big 3 SVOD service with at least one other
- SeaChange powers streaming and adtech for Popcornflix app
- Vubiquity renews content licensing and processing deal with izzi
- Credersi selected to provide global training to RDK community