Nicaragua Digital TV News
ROK Powers Mobile TV Services for Claro in Guatemala and Nicaragua
Jun 22, 2011 – ROK Global has announced that following the success of its Mobile TV subscription services with other América Móvil operators ROK-powered Mobile TV is now live with Claro in Guatemala and Nicaragua.
News categories: ROK Global, América Móvil, Guatemala, Mobile, Nicaragua
Nicaragua favouring ISDB-T for DTT
Aug 17, 2010 – According to a statement from the Instituto Nicaragüese de Telecomunicaciones y Correos (Telcor), Nicaragua looks likely to adopt the Brazilian standard for digital terrestrial television if negotiations are successfully concluded with Brazil.
News categories: Instituto Nicaragüese de Telecomunicaciones y Correos, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Nicaragua, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Macrovision's Passport IPG Solution Takes Latin America Cable Audiences to the Cutting Edge of TV
Sep 18, 2008 – Macrovision (NASDAQ: MVSN) has announced that América Móvil (Claro), Cablevisión, Telecentro and Videomar have all chosen to provide Macrovision's Passport IPG solutions to their cable viewers, enhancing their overall TV viewing experience.
News categories: Macrovision, América Móvil, Cablevisión, Telecentro, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Middleware, Nicaragua, Set Top Box
América Móvil launches DTH in Central America
Sep 11, 2008 – América Móvil is planning to launch Claro TV through DTH in Central America: Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala and Nicaragua.
News categories: América Móvil, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Satellite
NDS MediaHighway Middleware Deployed Across DIRECTV Latin America
Feb 14, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that its MediaHighway middleware, currently deployed on 41.6 million set-top boxes worldwide, is being downloaded to all DIRECTV Latin America L10 and L11 set-top boxes as well as the LR15 Digital Video Recorder (DVR).
News categories: NDS Group, DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, DVR, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Middleware, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Set Top Box, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats