North America Digital TV News
Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost nearly 6 million subscribers in 2022
Mar 3, 2023 – Leichtman Research (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 5,880,000 net video subscribers in 2022, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 4,700,000 in 2021.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Average number of video services used by US consumers now in double digits
Mar 1, 2023 – Research released by TiVo (NYSE: XPER) finds that the average number of video services used by U.S. consumers now exceeds double-digits, up to an average of 11.6 video services from 8.9 a year ago.
News categories: Xperi, Scott Maddux, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 52,800 in 4Q 2022
Feb 22, 2023 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the period ended December 31, 2022. Quarterly Residential video net losses were -53k in Q4 2022, compared to -71k video net losses in Q4 2021.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
FuboTV generated over $1 billion in revenue in 2022
Feb 27, 2023 – FuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) has announced results for the period ended December 31, 2022. For the year, annual revenue passed $1 billion for the first time. Full net loss for FY22 was -$561.9 million.
News categories: FuboTV, Digital TV, France, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Amagi to distribute CJ ENM content to OTT platforms in the USA
Feb 27, 2023 – CJ ENM has chosen Amagi to distribute its content to OTT platforms in the U.S., including Peacock and The Roku Channel. The partnership leverages Amagi's CLOUDPORT technology for channel creation and distribution.
News categories: Amagi, CJ ENM, Srinivasan KA, Jang-Ho Seo, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
TVision releases latest State of CTV Advertising report
Feb 23, 2023 – TVision has released its semi-annual CTV advertising' report, revealing how viewers engage with apps, which combination of apps can extend an advertiser's reach, and how to accurately value impressions.
News categories: TVision, Yan Liu, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
AVOD driving North American OTT growth
Feb 24, 2023 – According to Digital TV Research, North American OTT TV revenues will reach $107 billion in 2028, up from $74 billion in 2022. The US will contribute $30 billion of the $33 billion in growth, with Canada supplying the rest.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, North America, Streaming
DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 268,000 in 4Q 2022
Feb 23, 2023 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending December 31, 2022. Net pay-TV subscribers decreased 268,000 in the quarter, compared to a decrease of approximately 273,000 in the year-ago quarter.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Samsung Ads certifies Clinch to run programmatic campaigns
Feb 22, 2023 – Clinch has announced that it is certified to serve, run, and optimize personalized and dynamic programmatic campaigns across Samsung North America's Samsung TV Plus and Audience Extension inventory suite.
News categories: Clinch, Samsung, Oz Etzioni, Advertising, Digital TV, North America, Smart TV, Streaming
- Integral Ad Science ad verification goes live with Netflix
- DoubleVerify media quality measurement now available to Netflix advertisers
- EU clears acquisition of VOO and Brutélé by Orange, subject to conditions
- Liberty Global Belgium to launch takeover bid for Telenet Group Holding
- Proximus extends partnership with ThinkAnalytics
- Allente launches Google TV device powered by 3SS and SEI Robotics
- Streaming TV now most-watched TV form in the EU5
- StarHub introduces interactive advertising with Hoppr
- Breezeline Stream TV launches in Pennsylvania
- SES-18 and SES-19 C-band satellites for the U.S. successfully launched
- OTT TV revenues in Western Europe to reach $45 billion by 2028
- DVB publishes updated Multicast ABR specification and guidelines
- Channel 4 adds Xandr to its digital ad-buying suite
- Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
- Mainstream Media launches female-centred FAST channel with Amagi
- Eastern Europe OTT revenues to double by 2028
- Video spend in Sweden up 9% in 2022 versus 2021
- StarGroup renews with Eutelsat for StarTV DTH in Mexico
- ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
- QYOU Media India selects SpringServe as primary ad server