MC-IF initiates moves to create a VVC patent pool
Jul 22, 2020 – The MC-IF is inviting those holding patents (or patent applications) potentially essential to the Versatile Video Codec (VVC) standard to participate in a first meeting to foster the formation of a patent pool.
News categories: MC-IF, Stephan Wenger, Jud Cary, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
Jul 1, 2020 – HEVC Advance has announced that the current royalty rates offered by its HEVC/H.265 Pool License will remain unchanged for its next five-year term, beginning January 1, 2021, through December 31, 2025.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
May 27, 2020 – Sisvel has announced that Mitsubishi Electric has entered into a patent license agreement for both Sisvel’s VP9 and AV1 Licensing Programs. Sisvel has also granted a license to Tremmen Tecnologica for both of thep rograms.
News categories: Sisvel, Mitsubishi Electric, Tremmen Tecnologica, Mattia Fogliacco, Davide Ferri, Yoshimichi Shishido, Javier Galiana, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Sisvel becomes DVB-S2 patent pool administrator
Apr 30, 2020 – The family of DVB programs administered by Sisvel keeps growing, thanks to the addition of the DVB-S2 patent pool. The program previously managed by S2 Licensing, is now part of Sisvel's license offerings related to video.
News categories: Sisvel, Davide Ferri, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
Sisvel adds nine members to its VP9 and AV1 licensing platform
Mar 10, 2020 – Sisvel International has announced nine new members to its Video Coding Licensing Platform. The platform includes two, separately offered licensing programs for patents relevant to the VP9 and AV1 video coding formats.
News categories: Sisvel, Mattia Fogliacco, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Federal Circuit affirms ITC import ban on Comcast X1 STBs
Mar 2, 2020 – The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has ruled in favor of TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) in its dispute with Comcast. The court affirmed the ITC's jurisdiction and their decision to ban the importation of Comcast STBs infringing Rovi patents.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Comcast, Arvin Patel, Cable TV, Digital TV, Patent, Set Top Box, USA
Xperi and TiVo to combine in all-stock transaction
Dec 19, 2019 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) and TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO) have entered into a definitive agreement to combine to create a consumer and entertainment technology business with one of the industry’s largest intellectual property (IP) licensing platforms.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Xperi Corp, David Shull, Jon Kirchner, Big Data, Digital TV, Licensing, MandA, Media Player, Mobile, Patent, Silicon IP, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
Technicolor joins the HEVC Advance patent pool
Oct 22, 2019 – HEVC Advance has announced that Technicolor has become a Licensee in the HEVC Advance HEVC/H.265 Patent Pool.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Technicolor, Peter Moller, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
Oct 15, 2019 – HEVC Advance has announced that JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery and Korean Patent Investment Corporation have become Licensors in the HEVC Advance HEVC/H.265 Patent Pool License Program.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
- UEI providing voice-enabled remote for Astro's Ultra set-tops
- Ross Video withdraws from IBC 2021 exhibition
- Comcast brings XiOne streaming box to the U.S.
- Liberty Global to sell UPC Polska to iliad’s Play subsidiary
- Subscription fatigue in Australia? Not yet but on the way
- Sofia Digital working on a central service list registry for DVB-I
- Sony Pictures Networks India and Zee Entertainment negotiating merger
- Roku's Shopify app enables small business TV ad campaigns
- Americans move from bingeing on TV to social media in 2021
- VideoElephant makes 150 linear video channels available for licensing
- Android TV in 25% of advanced set-top boxes
- Pure TV launches in Ireland based on the Netgem TV platform
- FreeWheel and Strategus unlock access to CTV inventory
- SVOD subscriptions in Eastern Europe to double
- Roku introduces 4K and 4K+ streaming sticks
- rlaxx TV to monetise linear ad breaks with smartclip
- Conviva releases State of Streaming: Content Discovery report
- Roku OS 10.5 to begin rollout in next few weeks
- Altice France to acquire Coriolis Telecom
- Eltrona launches TV+ with ocilion