Semiconductor (ICs, silicon IP, microchips, …) News
Atmosic SoC approved for Google Android TV remote controls
Jun 8, 2023 – Atmosic's ATM Bluetooth system-on-chip (SoC) series has been approved for inclusion in the Google Android Open Source Project (AOSP) as a reference design for voice remote controls.
News categories: Atmosic, David Su, Android TV, Digital TV, ICs, Set Top Box, Smart TV, TV OS, UX, Worldwide
Samsung chip to power Hyundai in-vehicle infotainment
Jun 7, 2023 – Samsung's Exynos Auto V920 processor has been selected to power Hyundai Motor's IVI systems. The V920 enables display of driving information, as well as seamless playback of video content and games.
News categories: Samsung, Hyundai Motor, Jae Geol Pyee, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Semiconductor, UX, Worldwide
Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
May 31, 2023 – Tenstorrent and LG are collaborating to build a new generation of RISC-V, AI, and video codec chiplets to potentially power LG's premium TV and automotive products of the future.
News categories: Tenstorrent, LG Electronics, Jim Keller, Byoung-hoon Kim, Digital TV, In-Car, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Imagination launches GPU for smart home platforms
May 23, 2023 – Imagination Technologies is bringing seamless visual experiences to consumer devices with the new IMG CXM GPU range which includes the smallest GPU to support HDR user interfaces natively.
News categories: Imagination Technologies, James Chapman, Dr. Charlie Su, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Allegro DVT launches world’s first MPEG-5 LCEVC decoder silicon IP
Apr 4, 2023 – Allegro DVT has announced the availability of its D301, the first MPEG-5 LCEVC decoder IP solution, allowing SoC/ASIC vendors to offer solutions compatible with the format.
News categories: Allegro DVT, V-Nova, Nouar Hamze, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Global semiconductor sales down 20.7% year-to-year in February
Apr 6, 2023 – The SIA has announced that global semiconductor industry sales totaled $39.7 billion during the month of February 2023, 20.7% less than the February 2022 total of $50.0 billion.
News categories: Semiconductor Industry Association, John Neuffer, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
India Smart TV shipments grew 28% in 2022
Apr 4, 2023 – India's smart TV shipments grew 28% YoY in 2022, according Counterpoint Research. For Q4 2022, the growth was almost flat at 2% YoY due to a slowdown in demand after the festive season.
News categories: Counterpoint, Akash Jatwala, Anshika Jain, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
AMD launches ASIC-based media accelerator card
Apr 6, 2023 – AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) has announced its AMD Alveo MA35D media accelerator featuring two ASIC-based video processing units and built to power live interactive streaming services at scale.
News categories: AMD, Dan Gibbons, Matt Frost, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ICs, Streaming, Worldwide
2022, a record year for semiconductors that feels anything but
Mar 2, 2023 – The semiconductor market reached an all-time high in 2022, with revenues hitting $595.7bn, just above 2021's record of $592.8bn. However, the market has declined for four straight quarters making it feel anything but a record year.
News categories: Omdia, Lino Jeng, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Ateme enables 5G Broadcast transmission in the U.S.
- Amazon announces Fire TV product updates
- TCL adds Fire TV options to U.S television portfolio
- Another slow year expected for AR/VR headsets
- Intigral partners with DIAGNAL to enhance entertainment experiences
- Du chooses DataMiner monitoring for broadcast and teleport operations
- TSTT switches to Zappware's multi-screen client framework
- Allegro DVT launches video encoder IP for 4K/8K video
- AVOD revenues to hit $69 billion in 2029
- ZTE unveils updated Cloud PVP solution at IBC 2023
- Accedo brings AI-powered sports highlights to Accedo Launcher
- 76% of Nordic households now have an internet connected TV set
- TVMonaco chooses OKAST streaming platform
- DAZN Edge platform expands coverage in Europe with MainStreaming
- LG presents vision to become media and entertainment platform company
- UK PSBs developing broadband-delivered free TV service
- ZTE and Netgem collaborate on cloud gaming for Android TV
- Rokid shows portable Android TV device for AR glasses at IBC
- NPAW introduces Nokia-developed video probe at IBC 2023
- Eutelsat and ENENSYS show live DVB-NIP over 5G at IBC