Semiconductor (ICs, silicon IP, microchips, …) News
Realtek and Irdeto develop RDK and Android TV hybrid STB
Sep 26, 2022 – Realtek and Irdeto have announced a joint development: Realtek's RTD1319D set-top box system-on-chip (SoC) with Irdeto's hybrid DVB middleware for Android TV and RDK.
News categories: Realtek, Irdeto, Yee-Wei Huang, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Semiconductor market slowdown picks up speed
Sep 22, 2022 – The second quarter of 2022 was the third consecutive quarter of weakening revenue growth for the semiconductor market, with the market now in decline according to Omdia’s Competitive Landscape Tracker.
News categories: Omdia, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Irdeto and Twise announce CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM solution
Sep 14, 2022 – Irdeto and Twise have announced that they have combined Irdeto Cloaked CA technology with the Twise CI Plus stack on a Mediatek chipset. The pre-integrated and pre-certified solution enables manufacturers to produce a USB CAM in record time.
News categories: Irdeto, Twise, Peter Oggel, Stéphanie Bizouerne, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor
Realtek first with a 4K STB SoC supporting VVC/H.266
Aug 29, 2022 – Realtek (Taiwan: 2379.TW) has announced the world's first 4K UHD set-top box SoC (RTD1319D) to support the latest video compression standard – Versatile Video Coding (VVC/H.266).
News categories: Realtek, Yee-Wei Huang, Digital TV, IBC2022, ICs, Media Player, Set Top Box, Worldwide
V-Nova releases LCEVC Native Development Kit for video SoCs and ASICs
Sep 12, 2022 – V-Nova as announced the availability of V-Nova LCEVC Native Development Kit (NDK) to accelerate the implementation and deployment of MPEG-5 LCEVC encoding and decoding on video systems-on-chip and dedicated ASICs.
News categories: V-Nova, Guido Meardi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Silicon IP, Worldwide
SEI Robotics and Amlogic launch 8K set-top box
Sep 9, 2022 – The SEI 8K Box is developed by SEI Robotics and co-launched with Amlogic. It integrates 8K, an IoT Module, Google Assistant, Dolby Atmos, DTS, EQ and HDR10+ to provide users with a cinema-level audio and video smart home experience.
News categories: Amlogic, SEI Robotics, James Xie, Jeff Yin, Digital TV, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ZTE and Amlogic launch 8K STB at IBC
Sep 9, 2022 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ), with Amlogic, has launched its ZTE 8K STB at IBC 2022. The 8K STB, connected to a big screen, can present an immersive 4K UI with enhanced ultra HD video quality, providing audience with an ultimate audiovisual experience.
News categories: ZTE, Amlogic, Digital TV, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amino R180 set-top box, based on Amlogic X4 chipset, RDK-VA certified
Sep 9, 2022 – Amino has extended its partnership with Amlogic to broaden the range of set-top box options available for its Operator Ready RDK-V platform. Its R180 set-top, based on Amlogic’s X4 chipset, has been recently RDK Video Accelerator (RDK-VA) certified.
News categories: Amino, Amlogic, Jonny McKee, Brian Fenton, Digital TV, IBC2022, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Irdeto enables platform reusability and scalability for super aggregators
Sep 9, 2022 – Irdeto has announced a solution for the deployment of OTT and hybrid video platforms, leveraging its reusable Irdeto reference broadcast stack integrated with its Android TV Hybrid stack or RDK Video Accelerator.
News categories: Irdeto, Shane McCarthy, Android TV, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management
- MASMEDIA TV selects StreamVX energy-efficient encoding
- Regional versions of BBC One HD to roll out in England by Spring 2023
- New TV apps for TF1 and RTBF powered by Dotscreen
- Redge Media CDN joins EPIX traffic exchange
- Semiconductor market begins to shrink
- Bedrock migrates Videoland streaming subscribers to its latest platform
- Pixalate lists top CTV apps for October 2022
- El Financiero Bloomberg TV develops streaming app with TVCoins
- Garmin receives 2022 BMW Group Supplier Innovation Award
- In Sweden ad-supported video leads in weekly reach
- Accedo powers Janson Media direct-to-consumer streaming service
- Hisense second in global TV shipments
- DAZN now available on Foxxum CTV OS
- Amagi acquires Streamwise
- MyTV Super selects Witbe for production monitoring
- Better Software Group and Red Bee Media power Nordisk Film+
- Broadpeak simplifies content replacement at video service providers
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD tiers to boost global AVOD revenues
- 12.5m consumer VR headsets to be sold in 2022