Subscribers (customers, users, RGUs, …), number of, News
Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 1.57 million in 2Q 2020
Aug 12, 2020 – Leichtman Research (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 1,570,000 net video subscribers in 2Q 2020, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 2,065,000 in 1Q 2020, and 1,330,000 subscribers in 2Q 2019.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
Aug 7, 2020 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending June 30, 2020. In the quarter, DISH TV's subscriber count increased by 5,000 and SLING TV net subscribers decreased by approximately 56,000.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
Aug 3, 2020 – According to Digital TV Research, the number of SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019. However the total subscribing rose by only 16%, meaning that the average number of subscriptions per subsciber went up to 1.59, from 1.44 in 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
Jul 31, 2020 – Charter Communications has reported results to ended June 30, 2020. Residential video customers increased by 102,000 in the quarter. At the end of the period, Charter had 15.7 million residential video customers.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
Jul 30, 2020 – Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2020. Total video customer net losses were 477,000. NBCUniversal's recently launched Peacock has 10 million sign-ups to date.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Verizon FIOS video subscribers down 81,000 in 2Q 2020
Jul 24, 2020 – Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has reported second-quarter 2020 results. Consumer reported 81,000 Fios Video net losses in second-quarter 2020, reflecting the ongoing shift from traditional linear video to OTT offerings.
News categories: Verizon Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
HBO Max at 4.1M; AT&T U.S. down 954k; Vrio down 2.5M video subs in 2Q 2020
Jul 23, 2020 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for Q2 2020. HBO Max had 4.1 million subscribers after 1 month of operation.For the quarter, U.S. video subscribers were down 854,000, and Vrio subscribers were down 312,000 excluding the closure of DIRECTV Venezuela.
News categories: AT&T, John Stankey, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
More and more Germans taking pay TV and VOD subscriptions
Jul 21, 2020 – According to VAUNET the number of pay-TV subscribers in Germany rose to 8 million in 2019 (2018: 7.8 million), with SVoD consumers numbering 13.4 million in the final quarter (Q4 2018: 6.9 mill.).
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Katharina Behrends, Elke Walthelm, Nicole Agudo Berbel, Henning Tewes, Tim Werner, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
Jun 30, 2020 – According to TRAI, Pay DTH had an average active subscriber base of 69.98 million at 31st December 2019. At the same time there were 13 MSOs and 1 HITS operator with a subscriber base of more than one million.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV