Subscribers (customers, users, RGUs, …), number of, News
LIONSGATE+ streaming to be shut down in seven territories
Nov 3, 2022 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) has reported results for its second quarter ended September 30, 2022. Global streaming subscribers increased 52% Y-o-Y to 27.3 million. The Company has decided to close its LIONSGATE+ streaming business in seven international territories.
News categories: Lionsgate, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Results, Spain, Streaming, Subscribers, Sweden, Worldwide
Warner Bros. Discovery adds 2.8 million DTC subscribers in 3Q 2022
Nov 3, 2022 – Warner Bros. Discovery (Nasdaq: WBD) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2022. Total DTC subscribers were 94.9 million, an increase of 2.8 million global subscribers since the end of Q2. Global DTC ARPU was $7.52.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Digital TV, North America, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Airtel Digital TV subscribers up 66,000 in 3Q 2022
Oct 31, 2022 – Bharti Airtel has announced results for its second quarter ended September 30, 2022. Revenue of Digital TV remained stable with the customer base growing 66,000 to 15.771 million in the quarter.
News categories: Airtel, Digital TV, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 82,400 in 3Q 2022
Nov 2, 2022 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the second quarter ended September 30, 2022. Altice finished with 2,491,800 residential video RGUs, down 82,400 in the quarter, compared to a loss of 67,500 in Q3 2021.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, Worldwide
DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 30,000 in 3Q 2022
Nov 2, 2022 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending September 30, 2022. Net pay-TV subscribers increased 30,000 in the quarter, compared to a net decrease of 13,000 in the year-ago quarter.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Liberty Global reports Q3 2022 results
Nov 1, 2022 – Liberty Global has announced Q3 2022 results. In Q3, the company delivered aggregate broadband and postpaid mobile growth of 186,000 new subscribers, supported mostly by broadband subscriber gains in the U.K. and positive postpaid trends across all its core FMC markets.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Charter residential video customers down 211,000 in 3Q 2022
Oct 28, 2022 – Charter Communications has reported results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2022. Residential video customers decreased by 211,000 in the third quarter of 2022, finishing the period at 14.6 million residential video customers.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Comcast cable video subscribers down 561,000 in 3Q 2022
Oct 27, 2022 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2022. In the quarter, Cable video customer net losses were 561,000, whereas at Sky total customer relationships grew by 320,000.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Satellite, Streaming, Subscribers, USA
Megacable video subscribers up 49,000 in 3Q 2022
Oct 27, 2022 – Megacable (BMV: MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the third quarter of 2022. The Video Segment reached 3,592,188 subscribers at the end of 3Q22, an increase of 76 thousand or 2.2% versus 3Q21.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
- Paramount+ arrives in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Nordic streaming customers open to subscriptions with ads
- Frndly TV exceeds 700,000 subscribers
- Pixalate releases November 2022 CTV app spoofing report
- Pixalate releases Q3 2022 SSP market share rankings
- SMPTE publishes guide to ontologies and semantics for media into the cloud
- SeaChange to power streaming for FOX Sports Mexico
- Limited growth for APAC ex-China pay-TV revenues to 2027
- Shahid streaming platform now available on KONKA Smart TVs
- JPIX partners with Cisco and Qwilt for streaming delivery in Japan
- ZTE helps América Móvil migrate from AOSP to Android TV
- Veira Group starts production of webOS Hub 2.0 Smart TVs
- NextGen TV launched in Champaign and Springfield-Decatur
- Innovid integrates Kinetiq ad-occurrence data
- TF1 implements Irdeto Control to protect World Cup streams
- Premium online video rebounds in Southeast Asia
- Magyar Telekom selects ThinkAnalytics for content discovery and targeted promotions
- NextGen TV launches on seven local TV stations in Birmingham, AL
- Helwa TV channel launches on Arabsat's BADR-6
- Discovery+ launches on DIRECTV and DIRECTV STREAM