Subscribers (customers, users, RGUs, …), number of, News
Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
Nov 13, 2019 – Disney+, the highly anticipated streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, has already reached a major milestone, achieving a remarkable 10 million sign-ups since launching.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Canada, Digital TV, Netherlands, OTT, Subscribers, USA
SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023
Nov 12, 2019 – North America’s SVOD market will close 2019 with an estimated 147 million subscriptions, expanding at a CAGR of 9% through 2023, according to GlobalData. The US market is one of the most competitive SVoD markets worldwide.
News categories: GlobalData, Eulalia Marín-Sorribes, Digital TV, Market Research, North America, OTT, Subscribers
Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
Nov 11, 2019 – Five global platforms will have 529 million SVOD subscribers by 2025. According to Digital TV Research, these five global platforms will add 257 million subscribers between 2019 and 2025 – doubling their total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
Nov 7, 2019 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending September 30, 2019. The company closed the quarter with 12.18 million pay TV subscribers, including 9.49 million DISH TV and 2.69 million Sling TV subscribers.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Pay-TV revenue in Russia up by 14.2% in 2018 year-on-year
Oct 31, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has released a report written by J’son and Partners Consulting on pay-TV and cord cutting in Russia. At the end of 2018, 43.2 million viewers were subscribed to Pay TV services in Russia, 3.1% more than in 2017.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J’son and Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Charter residential video customers down 77,000 in 3Q 2019
Oct 25, 2019 – Charter Communications has reported results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2019. Residential video customers decreased by 77,000 in the quarter. At the end of the period, Charter had 15.7 million residential video customers.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Verizon FIOS video subscribers down 67,000 in 3Q 2019
Oct 25, 2019 – Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) has reported third-quarter 2019 results. Verizon Consumer Group reported 30,000 Fios Internet net additions and 67,000 Fios Video net losses, reflecting the ongoing shift from traditional linear video to OTT offerings.
News categories: Verizon, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Megacable adds 6k video subscribers in 3Q 2019
Oct 24, 2019 – Megacable (BMV:MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the third quarter of 2019. At close, the company's video segment had 3,223,620 subscribers, an increase of 44,000 compared to 3Q18. Compared with 2Q19, subscribers are up by 6,000.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
Comcast cable video subscribers down 238,000 in 3Q 2019
Oct 24, 2019 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2019. At Cable Communications, total video customer net losses were 238,000. At Sky, Total Customer Relationships decreased by 99,000 to 23.9 million in the quarter.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service