Tanzania Digital TV News
Tanzanian operator CGL chooses CryptoGuard
Sep 8, 2014 – CryptoGuard has announced that Content Generation Ltd (CGL) has decided to implement CryptoGuard CAS and SMS becoming the first Tanzanian operator to use the Swedish security and business systems of CryptoGuard.
News categories: CryptoGuard, John Hayghaimo Ag, Jesper Stål, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Tanzania, Terrestrial
Zuku estimated to have 172,000 subscribers at end-2013
May 7, 2014 – A new report published by Dataxis estimates that Zuku, the East African pay-TV platfom, had a total of 130,000 DTH subscribers across three markets at the end of 2013 plus a further 42,000 cable TV subscribers in Kenya.
News categories: Dataxis, Wananchi, IPTV, Kenya, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda
Azam TV DTH to launch in Tanzania on November 29
Nov 5, 2013 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) and Azam Media have announced the signature of a contract for capacity on EUTELSAT 7A. Azam Media will the satellite as the platform to broadcast its new TV venture, Azam TV, into sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Azam Media, Rhys Torrington, Jean-François Leprince-Ringuet, Digital TV, Satellite, Tanzania
Nagra DTT solution launches in Tanzania with BTL
May 29, 2013 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its MediaAccess smartcard solution for digital terrestrial television (DTT) has launched in Tanzania with digital broadcast service provider Basics Transmissions Limited (BTL).
News categories: NAGRA, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Tanzania, Terrestrial
Kudelski saw strong growth in South America in 2012
Feb 28, 2013 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2012 annual results. 2012 was marked by strong demand for the Group's portfolio in South America, becoming the second largest market after the US for the Group.
News categories: Kudelski, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Middleware, Nigeria, Results, Tanzania
Digital TV penetration accelerates in Sub-Saharan Africa
Jan 8, 2013 – About 35.3% of TV homes in Sub-Saharan Africa took digital signals by end-2012, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV Sub-Saharan Africa report forecasts that digital TV penetration will rocket to 95.5% by 2018 - with household numbers quadrupling to 49.0 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Angola, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Market Research, Nigeria, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
StarTimes launches DVB-T2 across Africa
Dec 18, 2012 – StarTimes has announced the launch of DVB-T2 technology in several African countries including Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Mozambique and Tanzania. In Nigeria, StarTimes is collaborating with the Nigerian Television Network (NTA) to provide DTT services.
News categories: StarTimes, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Uganda
Sub-Sahara Africa's 'My TV' Secures DTH Operations With Conax Chipset Pairing
Mar 7, 2012 – Conax has announced that Nigeria-based pay-tv operator My TV is further extending its 6-year relationship with security partner Conax and has committed to deploying a Conax Chipset Pairing solution for its satellite platform.
News categories: Conax, My TV, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Conditional Access, Congo-Brazzaville, Digital TV, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Satellite, Seychelles, Tanzania, Togo, Zambia, Zimbabwe
East African Community Ministers Want Digital Broadcast Migration Expedited
Nov 14, 2011 – At the EAC's 9th Meeting of the Sectoral Council on Transport, Communications and Meteorology (TCM), ministers directed Partner States to expedite the process of putting in place legislation for the implementation of digital TV broadcasting.
News categories: East African Community, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Set Top Box, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Uganda
- Infovista enables user experience testing for OTT and 5G apps and services
- UAE TV viewership research launched at CABSAT 2022
- Another record month for U.S. streaming in April
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $224 billion in 2027
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated