Digital TV News: 2008 International CES
LG Announces First Blu-ray Disc Player With Capability to Instantly Stream Movies From Netflix to the TV
Jul 31, 2008 – LG Electronics and Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) have announced plans for the first Blu-ray disc player that will have the added benefit of being able to instantly stream a growing library of movies and TV episodes from Netflix directly to the TV.
News categories: Netflix, LG Electronics, Blu-ray, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Sunplus and Ocean Blue Collaborate to Develop Interactive, Mobile TV Platform
Jan 9, 2008 – Sunplus Technology (TAIEX: 2401, LSE: SUPD) and Ocean Blue Software have collaborated to develop a portable Freeview DVB-T platform with full interactive features.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Sunplus, CES, Digital TV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK
Hargray Communications Deploys VCAS to Secure Expanded IPTV Broadcast and Video-on-Demand Content
Jan 8, 2008 – Verimatrix has announced that Hargray Communications has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV solution to secure broadcast and Video-on-Demand (VoD) content on its Broadband TV service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Hargray Communications, CES, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
HomePlug Powerline Alliance Demonstrates New Innovations at CES 2008 as HomePlug Global Shipments Now Exceed 15 Million Products
Jan 8, 2008 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced that, surpassing initial estimates, HomePlug member companies have now shipped over 15 million Powerline communications (PLC) devices worldwide, more than doubling the number of shipments since 2006.
News categories: HomePlug Powerline Alliance, CES, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home
HANA Releases 2.0 Design Guideline to Move Home Networking Industry Forward
Jan 7, 2008 – The High-Definition Audio-Video Network Alliance (HANA) has announced that it has released its HANA 2.0 Design Guideline.
News categories: High-Definition Audio-Video Network Alliance, CES, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart Home
Horizon Semiconductors Fuels the Broadcast Market With Native 1080/60p High Definition Professional Encoder IC
Jan 7, 2008 – Horizon Semiconductors has announced the immediate availability of a multi-standard native 1080/60p professional encoder IC for the Cable, Satellite, Telco, Terrestrial and Mobile triple/quad-play broadcast markets.
News categories: Horizon Semiconductors, Cable TV, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Mobile, Satellite, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Verimatrix Selected to Secure RealPage's IPTV Service for the Multifamily Industry
Jan 7, 2008 – Verimatrix has announced that RealPage has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV to secure content on StarFire™, RealPage's new IPTV service designed specifically for the multifamily housing industry.
News categories: Verimatrix, RealPage, CES, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, USA
Microtune Tuner Deployed in LG's Mobile TV Devices, Bringing Broadcast Digital TV to Consumers on the Go
Jan 7, 2008 – Microtune® (NASDAQ: TUNE) has announced that LG Electronics' mobile TV devices, containing the ultra low-power Mobile MicroTuner™ chip, will be showcased this week at the 2008 International CES®.
News categories: Microtune, LG Electronics USA, CES, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Tablet
Zenith Launches Digital-to-Analog Converter Box for Nation's Transition to All-Digital Broadcasting
Jan 6, 2008 – Supporting the final phase of the nation's transition to all-digital television broadcasting, Zenith is launching an advanced yet affordable converter box that will bring digital TV signals to analog television sets.
News categories: Zenith, Coupon Eligible Converter Boxes (CECB), ATSC 3, CES, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
- Proximus selects Velocix CDN to scale Pickx
- JW Player first with support for Open Measurement video ads
- Magnite finds 91% of TV viewers in LatAm watch streaming TV weekly
- Broadpeak CDN selection tool available in AWS Marketplace
- Bitmovin raises $25 million of Series C funding
- XroadMedia powers search and recommendations at Delta Fiber Nederland
- Rakuten TV to roll out 20 channels on Samsung TV Plus
- 75% of TVs sold in Germany in Q1 were UHD capable
- SoftAtHome deploys Disney+ on Orange France STBs
- ZEASN announces content monetization partners for WhaleLive
- Innovid enables programmatic interactive CTV ad buying at scale
- Bitcentral enables Dynamic Ad Insertion for Cowles Broadcasting on NewsON
- GTPL Hathway digital CATV subscribers at 7.5 million
- SpotX expands privacy-compliant CTV audience data tools
- Stoneroos improves set-top box UI for Delta and Caiway
- Hologram dining experience opens in London and Edinburgh
- VTR selects Media Distillery recording time correction technology
- Nilesat chooses ATEME video processing for two projects
- Facebook Watch TV app available for Vewd-enabled devices
- Western Europe to have 234 million SVOD subscriptions in 2026