Digital TV News: 2Wire
10% of U.S. broadband households have bought a streaming media device to date in 2014
Dec 2, 2014 – Parks Associates have announced updated streaming media device data showing that 10% of U.S. broadband households purchased one of these devices, either a streaming media player or stick, in the first three quarters of 2014.
News categories: Parks Associates, Barbara Kraus, CES2023, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
North America Is Home Networking Leader, Thanks to MoCA
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. MoCA embedded set-top boxes (STBs), FTTB ONTs, coax-Ethernet adapters, and WiFi broadband routers are driving growth in the home networking device market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Home network market up as new devices create 'digital homes' and allow media sharing
Apr 7, 2011 – Infonetics Research has released its new quarterly Home Networking Devices market forecast report. Pace (LSE: PIC), which recently acquired 2Wire, now leads the residential gateway market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Server, Market Research, Router, Smart Home
Pace Reveals Digital Home at IBC 2010
Sep 10, 2010 – At IBC 2010 demonstrations from Pace (LSE:PIC) will include Pace's set-top box solutions, as deployed by many of the world's leading pay TV operators, its new capability in residential gateways and the latest advances in 'whole home convergence'.
News categories: Pace plc, Gateway, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Pace plc proposed acquisition of 2Wire, Inc.
Jul 26, 2010 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced the proposed acquisition of 2Wire for a cash consideration of $475 million (£308 million). The acquisition price is inclusive of 2Wire's balance sheet cash at closing, anticipated to be approximately $55 million.
News categories: Pace plc, 2Wire, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, MandA, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, USA
Residential Gateways Outperform Cable, DSL and Broadband Routers
May 5, 2010 – Residential Gateways showed stronger growth in 4Q09 than other areas of the broadband CPE market, reports In-Stat, accounting for nearly 37% of the market. Revenues were $567 million and unit shipments were 9.05 million.
News categories: In-Stat, Broadband, Cable Modem, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Router
2Wire, Huawei, and Thomson Make Major Gains across Broadband CPE Market Share Segments
Jun 8, 2009 – 2Wire, Huawei and Thomson captured major market share gains in the 2008 broadband customer premise equipment (CPE) segments, according to In-Stat. The segments include cable and DSL modems, routers, Wi-Fi Aggregators, and residential gateways.
News categories: In-Stat, Broadband, Cable Modem, CPE, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Smart Home
Broadband CPE market dips in 4Q08
Mar 9, 2009 – A slowdown in broadband subscriber growth caused manufacturer revenue to decline in the fourth quarter of 2008. The bright spot continues to be the digital home gateway segment, as telcos use them to bundle IPTV into broadband services.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, CPE, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research
MTS Expands Canadian IPTV Services with 2Wire HomePortal Intelligent Gateways
Feb 25, 2009 – 2Wire has announced that MTS Allstream (TSE:MBT) has selected its HomePortal® intelligent gateways to enable a major expansion of its IPTV services in Manitoba, Canada.
News categories: 2Wire, MTS Allstream, Broadband, Canada, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution