Digital TV News: ALTBalaji
Robust growth forecast for SVOD revenue in India
Sep 23, 2021 – Subscription video on demand (SVOD) revenue in India is expected to grow at a robust compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.9% from US$0.9bn in 2020 to US$1.9bn in 2025, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Pradeepthi Kantipudi, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
Cloud TV OS launched for Smart TVs in India
Sep 9, 2020 – Indian start-up Cloud TV has introduced an OS solution for Smart TVs. Designed to facilitate control over UI/UX development, Cloud TV OS offers customization possibilities for Android-based televisions.
News categories: Cloud TV OS, Jagdish Rajpurohit, Android TV, Digital TV, India, Smart TV, UX
Top 5 metros account for more than half of OTT subscribers in India
Jun 18, 2020 – According to Counterpoint Research, the Top 5 metro cities account for 55% of OTT video platform users, while Tier I cities account for another 36% of users in India. Hotstar leads the Indian OTT video content market.
News categories: Counterpoint, Hanish Bhatia, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Streaming
Dish TV India offers VOD content with MX Player app
Apr 27, 2020 – Dish TV India has announced that it has partnered with MX Player to offer video-on-demand content to its customers. DishTV and d2h users can access MX Player’s content through their Android Set-top-Boxes.
News categories: MX Player, Dish TV India, Abhishek Joshi, Anil Dua, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Streaming
Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
Oct 11, 2019 – Dish TV India has launched an Android-based HD Set Top Box and a Voice enabled Alexa Built-in smart kit. The smart kit dongle allows subscribers to access OTT Apps and Alexa skills on their existing set top boxes.
News categories: Dish TV India, Anil Dua, Apps, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming
ALTBalaji, Microsoft and Eko India pilot cloud network that saves cellular data
Sep 24, 2019 – ALTBalaji has announced an alliance with Microsoft and Eko India Financial Services that will allow its subscribers to use Microsoft’s BlendNet technology to download and access ALTBalaji content without consuming large amounts of cellular data.
News categories: Microsoft, ALTBalaji, Eko India, Dr. Sriram Rajamani, Meetul Patel, Nachiket Pantvaidya, Abhinav Sinha, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Mobile, Streaming
Reliance Industries invests in Balaji Telefilms
Jul 20, 2017 – The Board of Directors of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has approved an investment in Balaji Telefilms Limited (BTL), to acquire 24.92% of BTL’s equity, through subscription to a preferential issue of shares by BTL to RIL.
News categories: Reliance Industries, Balaji Telefilms, Digital TV, India, MandA, Streaming
ALTBalaji to be available on Opera TV powered devices
Jun 26, 2017 – ALTBalaji has announced its content availability on Opera TV. This means that all Smart TVs, Blu-ray disc players and set-top boxes powered by Opera TV, will provide instant access to over 250 hours of original content from ALTBalaji.
News categories: ALTBalaji, Opera TV, Sunil Nair, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Digital TV, India, Streaming, Worldwide
ALTBalaji launches global OTT service with Diagnal And Xstream
Mar 2, 2017 – ALTBalaji has marked its entry into the OTT entertainment space. Its S-VOD service will be available from mid-April 2017. ALTBalaji is developed, designed, and integrated by Diagnal based on a video management system from Xstream.
News categories: ALTBalaji, Diagnal, Xstream, Nachiket Pantvaidya, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Mobile, Streaming, Worldwide
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia
- RTL Deutschland and Seven.One Entertainment to create addressable TV JV
- Charter residential video customers down 240,000 in 2Q 2022
- Access Advance adds further patent owners
- Disney+ app integrated on Foxtel set top boxes
- ADTH introduces ultra-compact USB ATSC 3.0 receiver
- ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
- Sinclair partners with Korean broadcasters to further NextGen broadcasting
- Linear TV viewing down as online long form viewing time continues to grow
- Auton and Anywave launch ATSC 3.0 broadcast internet test lab in Oregon
- OAN expands CTV reach with NetRange
- Liberty Global, Telefónica, InfraVia Capital to build fibre network in the UK
- Kaltura confirms receipt of unsolicited proposal from Panopto
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 521,000 in 2Q 2022
- Freeview Play adds new content discovery tools