Digital TV News: ASTRI
Hong Kong's ASTRI and China's SAPPRFT ABS set up joint UHD lab
Mar 23, 2016 – Hong Kong's ASTRI and China's SAPPRFT and ABS have announced the establishment of the ASTRI – SAPPRFT ABS Ultra High-definition Television Technology Joint Laboratory which focuses on research and development of ultra high-definition technology and upcoming video technology.
News categories: ASTRI, Academy of Broadcasting Science, SAPPRFT, Dr. Frank Tong, Dr. Ieong Meikei, Li Yiu Kei, Mr. Zou Feng, Xie Wei, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong
Express-AM7 satellite due for launch on March 19th
Feb 24, 2015 – Russian Satellite Communications Company (RSCC) has announced that its Express-AM7 satellite has been delivered to Baikonur. The launch of a Proton-M/Breeze-M with the satellite on board is scheduled for March 19, 2015.
News categories: RSCC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Astra 2E satellite slated for launch on September 30
Sep 27, 2013 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the ASTRA 2E satellite is scheduled for launch on board an ILS Proton launch vehicle from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan on September 30th, 2013.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Europe, Satellite
24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
May 15, 2013 – The results of a survey produced by Eutelsat and Ipsos on TV reception modes and trends in Russia has shown that of the 53 million TV homes in Russia, 24% are equipped for Direct-to-Home satellite reception, making satellite the country's leading platform for digital television.
News categories: Eutelsat, RSCC, Ipsos, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite
SES Successfully Launches ASTRA 2F Satellite
Oct 1, 2012 – SES (Paris:SESG)(LuxX:SESG) has announced that its new ASTRA 2F satellite was successfully launched on Friday, 28 September, on board an Ariane 5 rocket from Kourou, French Guiana. This is SES' 36th successful launch on Ariane.
News categories: SES S.A, Ariane, Content Distribution, Ireland, Satellite, UK
Eutelsat ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 Satellite Goes Live
Oct 24, 2011 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced the entry into commercial service of its ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 satellite. The transfer of all television channels onto ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 at 7 degrees West from the ATLANTIC BIRD™ 4A satellite was completed on October 23.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Middle-East, Satellite
New SES Satellite ASTRA 1N Operational
Oct 24, 2011 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that its new ASTRA 1N satellite has entered commercial service at the orbital position of 28.2 degrees East. ASTRA 1N is notably being used by Channel 4 and ITV.
News categories: SES S.A., Content Distribution, Satellite, UK
UAE grants Al Maisan Satellite Communications a DTH Services License
Aug 10, 2011 – The UAE Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has awarded Al Maisan Satellite Communications Company (YahLive) a ten-year satellite services license for Broadcasting Satellite Transmission of Services.
News categories: Yahsat, Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, UAE
ASTRA 1N Roars into Space on Board Ariane 5
Aug 7, 2011 – SES (Paris, LuxX: SESG) has announced that its new ASTRA 1N satellite has been successfully launched on board an Ariane 5 rocket from Kourou, French Guiana, on August 6th at 19:52 pm local time (0:52 am Central European Summer Time on August 7th).
News categories: SES S.A., Europe, Satellite
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform