Digital TV News: ATEME
Ateme supports expansion of Skymedia OTT service in Mongolia
Jan 17, 2023 – Skytel has added encoder, Cloud DVR and CDN solutions, including storage for content recorded by viewers, to the Ateme video-delivery infrastructure powering its Skymedia OTT service in Mongolia.
News categories: Ateme, Skytel, Gautier Vandomme, Tuvshinbayar Turtuvshin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mongolia, Streaming
Ateme and ENENSYS support Rai Way's transition to DVB-T2
Jan 10, 2023 – Ateme and ENENSYS have combined their video distribution expertise to enable Rai Way, the RAI TV network operator, to start the Refarming project which will end with the transition to the DVB-T2 standard.
News categories: ENENSYS, Ateme, Rai Way, Cyprien Galesne, Carlo Romagnoli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Italy
Ateme provides encoding for Antina Televisión in Argentina
Nov 8, 2022 – Ateme has announced the implementation of its TITAN encoding solution for Antina Televisión, a provider of digital HD pay TV services in Argentina, delivering enhanced quality and density for 37 HD channels.
News categories: Ateme, Antina Televisión, Juan Manuel Altamirano, Alejandro Checchin, Argentina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Ateme headend powers Ooredoo TV
Oct 13, 2022 – Ooredoo has gone live with an IPTV/OTT converged headend powered by Ateme TITAN encoders. Ooredoo delivers mobile, broadband and corporate services in the Middle East, North Africa and SE Asia.
News categories: Ateme, Ooredoo, Rajesh Jagadish, Saoud Al-Shammeri, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, IPTV, Middle-East, The Maldives
Qualcomm and Rohde & Schwarz unveil 5G Broadcast system at IMC22
Sep 30, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm have joined forces to unveil a full end-to-end live 5G Broadcast streaming demonstration at IMC 2022, showcasing the format's capabilities for the first time in India.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
Viaccess-Orca and Ateme redefine linear TV with Personal Channels
Sep 6, 2022 – Viaccess-Orca and Ateme have partnered to simplify the creation of VOD-to-live and personalized live channels. The Personal Live Channels service is powered by Ateme streaming integrated with VO content discovery and targeted advertising.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Ateme, Dror Mangel, Ahmed Swidan, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2022, Streaming, Worldwide
ATSC 3.0-in-a-box from ENENSYS and Ateme powers WCRN Boston NEXTGEN TV
Aug 1, 2022 – ENENSYS and Ateme have announced that WCRN TV 31 Boston has launched the region’s first ATSC 3.0/NEXTGEN TV platform with their ATSC 3.0-in-a-box software-based solution.
News categories: ENENSYS, Ateme, WCRN, Dave Brass, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Ateme enables headend virtualization for MyTV in Vietnam
May 31, 2022 – Ateme has announced that it has virtualized the headend of MyTV in Vietnam using its native cloud-based TITAN software suite, composed of multiscreen linear encoders and linear multiplexers with scrambling capabilities.
News categories: Ateme, MyTV, Nguyen Duc Long, Nguyen Hong Phong, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Vietnam
Tivify to use Ateme transcoding for low-latency live-stream
May 26, 2022 – Ateme has announced that Tivify will live-stream the UEFA Champions League Final using Ateme's TITAN transcoding solution and based on the Common Media Application Format (CMAF), which significantly reduces latency.
News categories: Ateme, TVUP, Tivify, Cédric Pesier, Francisco Sáez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, Streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars
- 24i supports launch of Philips Hue Sync TV App
- J:COM deploys Qwilt Open Caching solution
- Breezeline Stream TV comes to Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio
- Sale of Millicom to Apollo Global Management and Claure Group in discussion
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 2.034 million in 2022
- Disney strikes streaming measurement deal with EDO
- ITV increases investment in InfoSum
- German study shows high losses from TV piracy
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- NBA games to be available in VR through Meta Horizon Worlds
- Simply.TV signs metadata deal with YouSee
- Verizon FIOS consumer video subscribers down 80,000 in 4Q 2022