Digital TV News: Abu Dhabi Media
Demand for local content will spur rapid MENA media growth
Nov 18, 2014 – A study undertaken by Strategy& and Media Zone Authority Abu Dhabi has forecast that Pay TV in the MENA region will grow at 10.3% per year, compared with a growth rate of 7.8% for ad-based TV. Satellite TV will continue to dominate the sector.
News categories: Media Zone Authority Abu Dhabi, Strategy&, Noura Al Kaabi, Jayant Bhargava, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Streaming
Deutsche Telekom cloud-based video streaming for Abu Dhabi Media
Apr 7, 2014 – Deutsche Telekom’s BDI unit has announced that Abu Dhabi Media is now a customer for its LiveStream Perform cloud-based video streaming solution for the delivery of six TV channels to multiple connected devices.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Abu Dhabi Media, Octoshape, Ali Al Shaiba, Karim El-Khazen, Content Distribution, Mobile, Streaming, UAE
Emirates Mobile TV consortium granted DVB-H licence for the UAE
Oct 24, 2009 – The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority has agreed to grant a license to the Emirates Mobile Television Corporation consortium to provide DVB-H mobile TV broadcasting services for 10 years in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
News categories: Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, UAE
Thomson: Third Quarter 2007 Revenues
Oct 18, 2007 – Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453, NYSE:TMS) shipped 2.7 million satellite set-top boxes in 3Q07, 0.6 million cable set-top boxes, and 2.6 million access products for telecom operators - making a total of 5.8 million access products in the quarter.
News categories: Thomson, Full release, Broadband, Cable TV, Camcorder, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, USA
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV
- IAS offers ad verification solution on APS Connections Marketplace
- Charter to acquire assets of Maine-based Bee Line Cable
- FreeWheel: FAST channels redefining premium video distribution
- Frontier adds integrated billing for YouTube TV
- M2A Media to debut encoder-based ad insertion at 2023 NAB Show
- GTPL Hathway partners with Broadpeak for OTT service delivery
- ZEE5 now available on Astro's Ultra and Ulti boxes
- Emitel to pilot dynamic ad insertion system in Poland