Digital TV News: Apple
Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
Sep 28, 2022 – The US smart speaker market continued to contract during 2Q22, posting a decline of 14% year-over-year (YoY) according to Omdia’s latest quarterly smart speaker tracker.
News categories: Omdia, Teik Chuan Goh, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, USA, Worldwide
Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
Sep 27, 2022 – Sky has announced the launch of Sky Stream, providing entertainment streamed to any TV over Wi-Fi, with no dish or installation required. Sky Stream brings the Sky Glass UI and experience to more people.
News categories: Sky, Stephen van Rooyen, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, UK
Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
Sep 26, 2022 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced that it has deepened its partnership with SKYmedia. Mirada has now been awarded a contract for the expansion of SKYmedia's entertainment streaming service in Mongolia.
News categories: Mirada, Skytel, José Luis Vázquez, Amarchingun Gantumur, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mongolia, Streaming
Spectrum TV app available on XClass TVs
Sep 26, 2022 – Charter Communications has announced the availability of the Spectrum TV App on XClass TV. XClass TVs, currently sold by Walmart, are available in 50" and 43" screen sizes with 4K Ultra HD resolution.
News categories: Charter Communications, Jodi Robinson, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
SeaChange to power FIFA World Cup streaming for Grupo TVCable
Sep 20, 2022 – SeaChange has expanded its services to Grupo TVCable in Ecuador to include the streaming of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. The SeaChange platform will support bringing games to viewers through Grupo TVCable's Xtrim streaming service.
News categories: SeaChange, Grupo TVCable, Chris Klimmer, Daniel Coronel, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ecuador, TV Everywhere
Netflix to remain SVOD world leader
Sep 20, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, global SVOD subscriptions will increase by 475 million between 2021 and 2027 to reach 1.68 billion. Six US-based platforms will account for 47% of the world’s total in 2027.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Asia Pacific to add 205 million SVOD subscribers by 2027
Sep 15, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Asia Pacific will have 746 million SVOD subscriptions by 2027, up from 541 million in 2021. China will have 364 million SVOD subscriptions by then – 49% of the region’s total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming
Roku launches OS 11.5 and new software features
Sep 12, 2022 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced the latest enhancements coming to its operating system. In the coming months, the company will introduce a new content discovery experience as well as two updates to its What to Watch feature.
News categories: Roku, Preston Smalley, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Western Europe to add 73 million SVOD subscribers by 2027
Sep 12, 2022 – According to Digital TV Research, Western Europe will have 238 million SVOD subscriptions by 2027, up from 165 million at end-2021. Six US-based platforms will account for 81% of all the SVOD subscriptions by 2027.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Streaming
- Set-top box market contraction will stabilize post-2024
- Red Bee, Nowtilus and Equativ launch FAST channels on LG Smart TVs with High View
- Pixalate releases H1 2022 CTV ad supply chain trends report
- Amazon upgrades Fire TV Cube and Alexa Voice Remote
- Metaverse device installed base to reach 100 million in 2024
- Smart speaker shipments exceeded 33 million in 2Q 2022
- iWedia to deliver Live TV app for Google TV and Android TV devices
- 35 million US internet households interested in cloud gaming subscription
- Japan SVOD revenue to grow at 10.1% CAGR during 2022-2027
- DAZN acquires Eleven Sports and Team Whistle
- Cignal TV enhances Cignal Play app with Quickplay
- UK entertainment and media companies hold their nerve despite economic headwinds
- TV5MONDE adds TV5MONDE Pacifique HD to its bouquet on AsiaSat 5
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Roanoke-Lynchburg
- TripleLift and Zype to bring in-show programmatic ads to CTV
- OpenAP announces interoperability with FreeWheel, Magnite and Xandr
- Sky Stream IP-only STB to launch in the UK on October 18th
- MultiChoice launches DStv Streama STB in South Africa
- Skytel expands video services in Mongolia with Mirada
- Report from the CTA explores gaming's post-pandemic popularity