Digital TV News: Astro
Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
Jun 24, 2021 – Thanks to a partnership between Astro and Netflix, Astro customers will soon be able to enjoy direct access to Netflix on their connected Ultra Boxes, and on connected Ulti Boxes in the coming months.
News categories: Astro, Netflix, Henry Tan, Tony Zameczkowski, Apps, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
HBO Max to be available in Latin America & the Caribbean from June 29th
May 26, 2021 – HBO Max has announced that it will be available in 39 territories in Latin America and the Caribbean starting on June 29th. HBO Max will offer two subscription plans, starting from US$3 per month.
News categories: HBO Max, Johannes Larcher, Luis Durán, Caribbean, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT
VOD Clickstream SVOD data and analysis website launched
Nov 11, 2020 – Film data researcher Stephen Follows has launched VOD Clickstream, a website set up to share data and analysis on the SVOD sector. VOD Clickstream offers free membership with insights available from the latest SVOD research.
News categories: VOD Clickstream, Stephen Follows, Dr. José Eliel Camargo-Molina, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Malaysia pay TV revenues to register sluggish growth
Jul 15, 2020 – The total pay-TV services revenue in Malaysia is forecast to grow at a sluggish pace from $1.07bn in 2019 to $1.08bn in 2024, supported by a steady rise in the adoption of DTH and IPTV services, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research
Synamedia and AWS accelerate end-to-end cloud TV deployments
Jun 8, 2020 – Synamedia is collaborating with AWS to accelerate the adoption of cloud TV services. With the partnership, video service providers can combine Synamedia’s Infinite cloud TV platform and AWS's reliability and cloud elasticity.
News categories: Synamedia, AWS, Nick Thexton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Malaysia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Worldwide
Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
May 19, 2020 – Astro Malaysia has announced that its Ultra Box is now available to Astro IPTV customers on fibre. The Ultra experience includes 4K UHD, Cloud Recording and a new user interface that is seamless across device screens.
News categories: Astro, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, UX
iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
Mar 25, 2020 – iQIYI (NASDAQ: IQ) is rolling-out Testing Stations to provide data on the experience of its service on different devices and networks. The first started in Singapore at the end of 2019. Similar stations are planned for Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines and Indonesia.
News categories: iQIYI, Ye Tao, Digital TV, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, QoE, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
Nov 13, 2019 – Astro Malaysia has announced its Astro Ultra Box. The Ultra experience includes 4K UHD, Cloud Recording, a new user interface, improved content recommendations, play from start functions and the ability to record multiple shows at the same time.
News categories: Astro Malaysia, Henry Tan, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Telaria partners with ABS-CBN in the Philippines
Sep 4, 2019 – Telaria (NYSE:TLRA) has announced that ABS-CBN will use Telaria’s Video Management Platform (VMP) to manage and monetize their OTT video inventory across all screens. Telaria now works with all the major Southeast Asian OTT video platforms.
News categories: Telaria, ABS-CBN, Kevin Smyth, Daniel Lawrense M. Dadulla, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Baltimore
- Zodiac integrates Agama device monitoring into its TV stack
- JW Player raises $100m in Series E funding
- Xandr adopts OpenAP's OpenID audience identifier
- ATEME provides video packaging and storage for AIS in Thailand
- KKStream launches Streaming-as-a-Service solutions
- Astro set-top boxes to include Netflix
- MediaKind powers UEFA Euro 2020 live coverage at MEO
- NAB shows home learning via ATSC 3.0 for students without internet
- U.S. consumers feeling pain of streaming service fragmentation
- Telefonica backs up Movistar+ infrastructure in the cloud with Harmonic
- Irdeto and INVIDI offer integrated addressable TV solution
- UEI providing Android TV remotes to Claro Colombia
- Tubi supports Unified ID 2.0 initiative
- Portugal adds 29,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2021
- 'Go Addressable' TV advertising initiative launched in the U.S.
- Brightcove and ByteArk partner on OTT technology in Thailand
- ATEME powers converged headend at TCCL in India
- NexPlayer joins AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
- VuClip integrates Bitmovin video encoder on Google Cloud