Digital TV News: Ateme
Globecast, France Télévisions and Orange trial 4K channel and 5G contribution in La Réunion
May 10, 2022 – Globecast has partnered with France Televisions Overseas, and its Regionale Directorate Réunion La 1ère, to trial a 4K pop-up channel on La Réunion. Globecast and Orange created a trial of 4K contribution over 5G for the event.
News categories: Globecast, France Télévisions, Orange, Samy Nicolas Bouchalat, Philippe Bernard, Eric Grand, Frédéric Ayangma, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mascarene Islands
NPAW introduces natural language video insights search
Apr 24, 2022 – NPAW has introduced NaLa, a natural language-based video insights search tool. Integrated into the NPAW Suite of video analytics solutions, NaLa leverages ML and natural language processing to handle data search requests based on simple, common-speech questions.
News categories: NPAW, Ferran G. Vilaró, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
R&S and Qualcomm to show 5G Broadcast streaming to smartphones at CABSAT 2022
Apr 14, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm will show end-to-end live 5G Broadcast/Multicast streaming at CABSAT 2022. The demonstration will deliver pre-recorded content over-the-air to provide an advanced live mobile experience.
News categories: Qualcomm, Rohde & Schwarz, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Middle-East
Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm to show live 5G broadcast streaming at NAB
Apr 12, 2022 – Rohde & Schwarz and Qualcomm have partnered to deliver a live 5G Broadcast/Multicast streaming demonstration at NAB Show 2022. Pre-recorded content will be encoded and transmitted live over-the-air using a 5G Broadcast signal.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Qualcomm, Manfred Reitmeier, Lorenzo Casaccia, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
Ateme enables Solbox private VOD transcoding farm
Mar 29, 2022 – Ateme has announced that it has enabled Solbox to build a private VOD transcoding farm in the cloud servicing OTT service providers. The Korean CDN provider is using Ateme's TITAN File transcoding solution
News categories: Ateme, Solbox, Boyang Ang, SeungHwan Yu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Streaming
CDN market expected to more than double to $23.9 billion by 2030
Mar 22, 2022 – ABI Research expects the global CDN market to more than double by 2030, reaching $23.9 billion. The growth is driven in part by services beyond core content delivery and caching. The buildup to the metaverse will create additional growth opportunities.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Mola TV selects Ateme 4K UHD live streaming platform
Mar 22, 2022 – Ateme has announced that it has enabled 4K UHD live streaming with Dolby Audio for Mola TV in Indonesia. Mola TV opted for Ateme's complete streaming solution including encoders, packagers and a CDN, as well as its 4K UHD video compression.
News categories: Ateme, Mola TV, Sean Tan, CP Lee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Streaming
Ateme helps Fórum SBTVD choose video coding system for TV 3.0 standard
Mar 10, 2022 – Ateme has announced that the Brazilian Terrestrial Television System Forum (Fórum SBTVD) used its TITAN Live solution to select VVC as the sole mandatory video coding system for the countries new TV 3.0 broadcasting standard.
News categories: Ateme, Fórum SBTVD, Mickael Raulet, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Viaccess-Orca, Ateme, Optiva Media power Avatel OTT service in Spain
Feb 24, 2022 – Avatel is delivering the OTT service with an end-to-end solution that includes VO's Service Delivery Platform, Multi-DRM, and Secure Video Player; encoding, origin packaging, Cloud DVR, and CDN from Ateme; and multiscreen apps from Optiva Media.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Ateme, Optiva Media, Avatel, Arnaud Alvarez, Alfredo Navarro, Cristina Garcés, Oriol Pedrals, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Spain, Streaming
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022