Digital TV News: BC Partners
United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
May 29, 2020 – United Group has agreed to acquire the debt and a significant minority interest in Forthnet. The transaction will see United Group acquire all of the company’s loan obligations, the convertible debt and an initial 36% of the company’s shares.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Panos Papadopoulos, Nikos Stathopoulos, Digital TV, Greece, MnA, Satellite
BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
Nov 7, 2019 – United Group has agreed to acquire Vivacom, the largest telecoms operator in Bulgaria. The acquisition will accelerate United Group’s growth, expand its geographic reach and cement its position as the industry leader in the region.
News categories: United Group, Vivacom, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Spas Roussev, Nikos Stathopoulos, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA
BC Partners to acquire majority ownership of United Group
Sep 27, 2018 – BC Partners has announced that it will acquire majority ownership of United Group from KKR, with KKR retaining a minority stake. United Group is the leading media and communication services provider across South East Europe
News categories: BC Partners, KKR, United Group, Nikos Stathopoulos, Jean-Pierre Saad, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, MnA, Montenegro, OTT, Serbia, Slovenia
Kinnevik acquires 18.5% in Com Hem
Apr 27, 2017 – Kinnevik has announced that it has agreed to acquire 33.9 million shares in Com Hem, corresponding to an approximate 18.5% interest, from NorCell for a cash consideration of SEK 110 per share, or SEK 3.7 billion in total.
News categories: Kinnevik, Com Hem, Joakim Andersson, Cable TV, MnA, Sweden
Altice enters the US market with acquisition of Suddenlink
May 20, 2015 – Altice (Euronext: ATC) has announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire 70% of the share capital in Suddenlink from existing shareholders BC Partners, CPP Investment Board and Suddenlink management.
News categories: Altice, Suddenlink, Cable TV, MnA, USA
Com Hem Signs Exclusive Agreement With TiVo
Jun 25, 2012 – Com Hem and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced a mutually exclusive distribution agreement. The offering will deliver access to traditional television content, VOD libraries, OTT content and applications through a fully integrated viewing experience.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Com Hem, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Sweden, Tablet
Liberty Global to Acquire Unitymedia
Nov 13, 2009 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced that it has entered into a share purchase agreement with Unity Media S.C.A. to acquire all of the issued and outstanding capital stock of Unitymedia GmbH, Germany's second largest cable operator.
News categories: Liberty Global, Unitymedia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, MnA
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020