Digital TV News: BC Partners
United Group to acquire Wind Hellas
Aug 16, 2021 – United Group has reached an agreement with Crystal Almond Holdings to acquire Wind Hellas. Wind has a total of 4.2 million users in Greece and offers mobile, fixed, internet, and television services.
News categories: United Group, Wind Hellas, Nikos Stathopoulos, Victoriya Boklag, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, MandA
Forthnet becomes part of United Group
Nov 24, 2020 – Forthnet has become part of United Group. United Group’s entry into the Greek market is part of its European growth strategy and further cements its position as an industry leader, operating in eight countries across the region.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, Victoriya Boklag, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Satellite
United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
May 29, 2020 – United Group has agreed to acquire the debt and a significant minority interest in Forthnet. The transaction will see United Group acquire all of the company’s loan obligations, the convertible debt and an initial 36% of the company’s shares.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Panos Papadopoulos, Nikos Stathopoulos, Digital TV, Greece, MandA, Satellite
BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
Nov 7, 2019 – United Group has agreed to acquire Vivacom, the largest telecoms operator in Bulgaria. The acquisition will accelerate United Group’s growth, expand its geographic reach and cement its position as the industry leader in the region.
News categories: United Group, Vivacom, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Spas Roussev, Nikos Stathopoulos, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, MandA
BC Partners to acquire majority ownership of United Group
Sep 27, 2018 – BC Partners has announced that it will acquire majority ownership of United Group from KKR, with KKR retaining a minority stake. United Group is the leading media and communication services provider across South East Europe
News categories: BC Partners, KKR, United Group, Nikos Stathopoulos, Jean-Pierre Saad, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, Croatia, Digital TV, Macedonia, MandA, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia, Streaming
Kinnevik acquires 18.5% in Com Hem
Apr 27, 2017 – Kinnevik has announced that it has agreed to acquire 33.9 million shares in Com Hem, corresponding to an approximate 18.5% interest, from NorCell for a cash consideration of SEK 110 per share, or SEK 3.7 billion in total.
News categories: Kinnevik, Com Hem, Joakim Andersson, Cable TV, MandA, Sweden
Altice enters the US market with acquisition of Suddenlink
May 20, 2015 – Altice (Euronext: ATC) has announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire 70% of the share capital in Suddenlink from existing shareholders BC Partners, CPP Investment Board and Suddenlink management.
News categories: Altice, Suddenlink, Cable TV, MandA, USA
Com Hem Signs Exclusive Agreement With TiVo
Jun 25, 2012 – Com Hem and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced a mutually exclusive distribution agreement. The offering will deliver access to traditional television content, VOD libraries, OTT content and applications through a fully integrated viewing experience.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Com Hem, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Sweden, Tablet
Liberty Global to Acquire Unitymedia
Nov 13, 2009 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK) has announced that it has entered into a share purchase agreement with Unity Media S.C.A. to acquire all of the issued and outstanding capital stock of Unitymedia GmbH, Germany's second largest cable operator.
News categories: Liberty Global, Unitymedia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, MandA
- MPEG LA offers one-stop license for ATSC 3.0
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
- SLING TV comes to VIZIO SmartCast platform
- VideoAI from CTS automates video content metadata generation
- Irdeto brings Server Side Ad Insertion solution to market
- Five million Brits spending full working day on streaming sites
- Breezeline launches cloud-based TV service
- ATSC 3.0 technologies selected for Brazil's TV 3.0 system
- European Audiovisual Observatory publishes report on media ownership in Europe
- MPEG-H selected as audio system for Brazil's TV 3.0 Project
- Altice partners with Ampersand to sell addressable ad inventory
- Cgates goes live with Synamedia video network solutions
- Video Solutions AG launches AVOD channels with Amagi
- Netflix shows signs of slowing in the U.S.
- A-LIVE partners with Minerva to offer fans NFTs of music concert
- Pay TV revenues in the MENA region to decline by $1.5bn
- ViacomCBS migrates from satellite to IP content distribution with CommScope
- VIDAA selects Unruly SSP and ad server to provide inventory access
- NBCUniversal names iSpot.tv as first cross-platform Video Certified Measurement Partner
- GTPL Hathway finishes 2021 with 7.5 million digital CATV subscribers