Digital TV News: Blu-ray Disc Association
CyberLink PowerDVD certified for Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc playback
Dec 1, 2016 – CyberLink (5203.TW) has announced that its flagship media player, PowerDVD, has achieved certification from the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) for the playback of Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs.
News categories: CyberLink, Blu-ray Disc Association, Dr. Jau Huang, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
2016 a banner year for U.S. 4K UHD TV sales
Nov 9, 2016 – Q4 shipments of 4K Ultra HD televisions in the United States are expected to reach 4.5 million units, driving total 4K UHD sales for 2016 to 10 million units, the CTA has announced.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shaprio, Steve Koenig, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
ViXS and sMedio join forces to launch Ultra HD Blu-ray player solution
Jan 8, 2016 – In response to the imminent availability of multiple Ultra HD Blu-ray disc titles in early 2016, ViXS Systems Inc. (TSX: VXS) and sMedio (Tokyo: 3913) have announce the availability of an Ultra HD Blu-ray player solution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, sMedio, Twentieth Century Fox, Sohail Khan, Shunsuke Tanaka, Danny Kaye, Blu-ray, CES2022, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Blu-ray Disc Association to begin Ultra HD Blu-ray licensing
Aug 5, 2015 – The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) will commence licensing the Ultra HD Blu-ray format starting August 24, 2015. The format will enable delivery of Ultra HD content to the growing number of Ultra HD households.
News categories: Blu-ray Disc Association, IHS Technology, Victor Matsuda, Paul Erickson, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Worldwide
70% of Ultra HD TVs to feature HDR or other enhancements by 2020
May 15, 2015 – ABI Research expects that by 2020 nearly 70% of UHD TVs will support new technologies and enhancements like HDR, wider color gamut, high frame rates, and immersive audio. This could prove too conservative if a lower tier of UHD TVs does not persist as currently anticipated.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD Blu-ray specification and logo released
May 12, 2015 – The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) has announced completion of the Ultra HD Blu-ray specification and released the new logo that will delineate Ultra HD Blu-ray products. The Ultra HD Blu-ray specification will enable delivery of Ultra HD content via Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc to UHD TV households.
News categories: Blu-ray Disc Association, Victor Matsuda, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Licensing, Worldwide
Panasonic shows next generation Blu-ray disc player prototype at CES 2015
Jan 5, 2015 – Panasonic has announced that it has developed the world's first Blu-ray Disc™ player supporting technologies such as 4K and High Dynamic Range, which are expected to be adopted in the next generation Blu-ray Disc standard (ULTRA HD BLU-RAY™).
News categories: Panasonic, Blu-ray, CES2022, Digital TV, Japan, Worldwide
Blu-ray 3D Spending Booms This Year in U.S. and Major European Economies
Apr 15, 2011 – Consumer spending on Blu-ray Discs 3D (BD3D) in 2011 is forecast to rise 533 percent across the four markets of the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany and France, according to new IHS Screen Digest research.
News categories: Screen Digest, Blu-ray, France, Germany, Market Research, UK, USA, VR
Blu-ray Disc Association Approves Final BDXL™ Specifications
Jun 25, 2010 – The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) has announced the finalization and release of the specifications for BDXL™, the new multi-layer recordable Blu-ray Disc™ format with up to 128GB of capacity.
News categories: Blu-ray Disc Association, Blu-ray, Digital TV
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service
- TalkTalk selects Netgem for launch of 4K TV service
- 39% of U.S. OTT viewers access video services for specific content
- 60% of UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV
- Foxtel confirms syndication of Sky Glass streaming platform