Digital TV News: Blue Ridge
Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
Jun 2, 2020 – Evolution Digital has launched the Evolution Device Manager (eDM) cloud-based SaaS solution to operators deploying eSTREAM 4K, powered by Android TV. eDM is a hosted platform that enables management, administration and control of eSTREAM 4K devices in the field.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Cash Hagen, Android TV, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Blue Ridge launches 4K STB powered by TiVo
Jul 31, 2018 – Blue Ridge has announced that it is now offering a next generation viewing experience for customers with the introduction of 4K set-top boxes throughout its entire service area of Northeastern Pennsylvania.
News categories: Blue Ridge, Mark Masenheimer, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Blue Ridge Communications prepares for OTT video with SeaChange
Jun 21, 2017 – On the heels of completing its migration to the Adrenalin video back office from SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC), Blue Ridge Communications has begun preparations to expand its television services to subscribers’ OTT devices including mobile phones and tablets.
News categories: SeaChange, Blue Ridge Communications, Ed Terino, Mark Masenheimer, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Blue Ridge Communications selects Concurrent for IP VOD deployment
May 2, 2017 – Concurrent (NASDAQ:CCUR) has announced that Blue Ridge Communications has implemented a suite of solutions based on Concurrent’s storage, video processing, and caching products to serve as the backbone of Blue Ridge’s IP VOD service.
News categories: Concurrent, Blue Ridge, Clay McCreery, Mark Masenheimer, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Evolution Digital reaches milestone of 12 million STBs shipped
Sep 7, 2016 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has shipped 12 million digital set-top boxes to cable operators around the world. These 12 million digital devices consist of Evolution Digital’s wide product offerings including its SD DTA, HD uDTA and eBOX IP Hybrid STB.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Chris Egan, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
HBO GO launches on Xbox One in U.S.
Nov 20, 2014 – Microsoft has announced that HBO GO is now available on Xbox One in the U.S. Authenticated users can get every episode from every season of their favorite HBO shows directly on their Xbox One.
News categories: HBO, Xbox, Jeff Dallesandro, Apps, Gaming, OTT, USA
TiVo surpasses 4.5 million subscriber milestone
Apr 29, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has more than 4.5 million subscribers who are now enjoying the TiVo experience, surpassing the previous record number of 4.45 million hit over eight years ago in December of 2006.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jeff Klugman, Louis Audet, Peter Pounds, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
Blue Ridge selects TiVo to deliver multiscreen viewing experience
Nov 19, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Blue Ridge Communications, a cable provider in eastern Pennsylvania, have announced that Blue Ridge has selected TiVo to provide its whole home television solution and user experience for its advanced TV offerings.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Blue Ridge, Mark Masenheimer, Tom Elam, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
- Competition driving OTT TV & video subscription growth
- Wyplay becomes Alexa Solution Provider
- Sky Media appoints TVbeat as TV data verification partner
- Amazon wins as British viewers are desperate for more sport
- Netflix releases 4Q 2020 results
- Pearl TV broadcasters welcome FCC easing of SFN regulations
- Paramount+ from ViacomCBS to launch on March 4th
- Firstlight Media builds OTT platform on Google Cloud
- Cogeco EPICO IPTV service launched
- Enghouse and Access Communications offer hosted TV services in Canada
- MENA pay TV revenues continue to fall
- FCA first automotive OEM with Alexa Custom Assistant
- Firstlight Media and NPAW optimise CDN switching for OTT providers
- ViacomCBS, DISH Media, Adcuratio enable broadcast inventory on MVPD STBs
- DoubleVerify earns MRC accreditation for CTV measurement
- Philco launches Roku TV lineup in Brazil
- Chips&Media introduces WAVE6 series of video codec IPs
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue up 7.3% in 2020
- Kantar expands TV audience measurement panel in Georgia
- TDS introduces live, streaming TV product