Digital TV News: Boost Mobile
Comcast unveils plans to roll out Xfinity prepaid services
Jul 21, 2016 – Comcast has announced plans to roll out Xfinity Prepaid Services, a pay-as-you-go offering that lets people sign-up for TV or Internet service and 'refill' their subscription any time they would like, for either seven or 30 days.
News categories: Comcast, Boost Mobile, Marcien Jenckes, Jim Hyde, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
EU proposes to move 700MHz UHF band to mobile services
Feb 2, 2016 – The European Commission has presented a proposal to make more spectrum available for mobile services in the 700 MHz band (694-790 MHz) by 2020. Currently, this band is mainly used for TV broadcasting.
News categories: European Commission, Andrus Ansip, Günther H. Oettinger, Content Distribution, Digital TV, EU, Regulation, Terrestrial
Vodafone UK fixed broadband to launch this summer
Jun 10, 2015 – Vodafone UK has launched Vodafone Connect, which will provide broadband and home phone services to customers across the UK later in the summer. Vodafone’s network already reaches exchanges which pass nearly 20 million premises across the UK.
News categories: Vodafone, Jeroen Hoencamp, Cindy Rose, IPTV, Router, UK
Femtocells Will Boost Mobile Triple-Play Services
Aug 13, 2007 – The worldwide wireless market in the developed world is approaching saturation. Mobile triple-play services are the most likely solution to this situation, but only when cell operators first solve signal coverage and capacity issues.
News categories: Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet