Digital TV News: C2 Micro
Monsoon Multimedia Adds Placeshifting to C2 Micro and Zenverge ICs
Jan 10, 2012 – Monsoon Multimedia has announced that it is porting its TV Anywhere placeshifting software engines to additional semiconductor platforms developed by C2 Microsystems, Inc. and Zenverge, Inc.
News categories: Monsoon Multimedia, C2 Micro, Zenverge, Middleware, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Streaming
Web-Enabled TV Sets in China to Ship in Excess of 15 Million Units by 2014
Nov 23, 2010 – China's web TV market kicked off in 2009, with over 2 million web TV set shipments and about 1/4 million web TV set top box (STB) shipments. In-Stat forecasts web-enabled TV shipments to exceed 15 million units by 2014.
News categories: In-Stat, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
H.264 Decoder IC Market to Grow 20% Annually Through 2013
Nov 11, 2010 – H.264 decoders are beginning to appear in many solutions and the compression scheme is becoming more popular. As a result In-Stat expects H.264 decoder ICs to grow at an annual rate in excess of 20% through 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MPEG Video SoC Market Riding Along with the Consumer Electronics Market
Aug 31, 2010 – Growth in shipments of various video products in the consumer electronics market, even in a year with economic uncertainty like 2009, helped the MPEG video SoC market reach over 650 million units in 2009, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Market Research, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MPEG IC Shipments on Track to Reach 2 Billion units
Feb 1, 2010 – As consumers access digital video on more devices, applications for MPEG digital video compression technology are expanding, particularly in portable devices, reports In-Stat. As a result, shipments of MPEG ICs will reach 2 billion units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
C2 Microsystems Announces CC1200 Full HD Media Processor device family
Nov 4, 2009 – Addressing emerging CE applications and the increasing demand for high-definition content, C2 Microsystems has introduced the CC1200 Full HD Media Processor family for broadband-connected set-top box and digital TV applications.
News categories: C2 Micro, CES2023, Digital TV, ICs, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming
Breakthrough in Media Freedom: Apple TV Functionality to Be Available on an OEM Basis
Sep 5, 2007 – C2 Microsystems and Orb Networks have announced a new reference platform that delivers digital media from the internet or a consumer's PC, to the TV. The open design is expected to be licensed on an OEM basis by set top box, Cable, Satellite and Media providers and deliver consumer TV and media options far beyond those offered by Apple TV or Sling Media.
News categories: Orb Networks, C2 Micro, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Streaming, Tablet
- CDNetworks powers VSTV K+ OTT streaming in Vietnam
- 24i and Amagi partner to enable rapid launch of streaming services
- Net Insight and Skyline partner on live video workflows
- Mixed fortunes for pay TV in the Asia Pacific region
- Evolution Digital integrates OpenSync with an Android TV set-top box
- ARF calls for move away from TV households as basis of TV measurement
- 76% of SVOD services to introduce ads in the next two years
- Free, ad-supported streaming takes off in the U.S.
- NextGen TV begins broadcasting in Des Moines, IA
- PANTAFLIX to dispose of streaming technology subsidiary
- Harmonic powers live sports streaming for VertiCast
- Eurovision Sport selects Ad Insertion Platform monetization solution
- TV reception over the Internet continues to grow in Switzerland
- Ateme launches statmux for NextGen TV and streaming services
- Canela Media chooses Amagi for FAST content monetization
- SES in discussions regarding possible combination with Intelsat
- Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
- TCCL deploys iWedia Android TV Custom Launcher
- LiveU joins AWS Partner Network
- 63% of rural Americans bundle internet and TV