Digital TV News: CBS
NEXTGEN TV expected to surpass 10 million installed devices in U.S.
Oct 18, 2023 – NEXTGEN TV will be at Pepcom Holiday Spectacular!, Oct. 19, in New York City, showcasing select new NEXTGEN TV models from Hisense and Samsung and new upgrade accessory devices.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
New York City broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV
Oct 16, 2023 – Beginning October 16, viewers in the #1 television market in the U.S will be able to receive six local channels broadcasting NEXTGEN TV over-the-air: WCBS, WLIW, WMBQ-CD, WNBC, WNET and WNJU.
News categories: WNET Group, Neal Shapiro, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Paramount+ to launch in Japan with J:COM and WOWOW
Sep 20, 2023 – Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is to launch its Paramount+ streaming service in Japan with J:COM and WOWOW - the second market in Asia to launch the service, following its debut in Korea last year.
News categories: Paramount, J:COM, WOWOW, Marco Nobili, Yoichi Iwaki, Akira Tanaka, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan, Streaming
RT-RK collaborating with Google on the Common Broadcast Stack
Sep 12, 2023 – RT-RK is collaborating with Google on the Common Broadcast Stack (CBS) for Android TV OS devices. RT-RK will contribute its expertise to add to the capabilities of CBS and enhance its user experience.
News categories: RT-RK, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Minneapolis TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV broadcasts
Aug 22, 2023 – Minneapolis viewers can now experience the future of broadcast TV as five local stations - WUCW-TV, KSTP-TV, WCCO-TV, KMSP-TV and KARE-TV - launch NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: ONE Media, NAB, Minnesota Broadcasters Association, Jerald Fritz, Wendy Paulson, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Philadelphia television stations launch NEXTGEN TV
Aug 10, 2023 – Six television stations - KYW-TV, WPSG-TV, WPVI, WCAU-TV, WTXF-TV and WUVP-TV - have launched NEXTGEN TV, based on ATSC 3.0 broadcast standards, in Philadelphia.
News categories: Pearl TV, LTN, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Roku announces first live sports rights package
Jun 27, 2023 – Formula E has announced broadcast distribution partnerships in the U.S. that will see CBS air more live races and introduce Roku as the streaming home of Formula E.
News categories: Roku, Formula E, CBS Sports, David Eilenberg, Aarti Dabas, Billy Stone, Digital TV, Streaming, USA
FreeCast pairs ATSC 3.0 with streaming video aggregation
Apr 15, 2023 – FreeCast has announced a whole-home solution that brings over-the-air broadcast TV channels into the FreeCast digital guide, alongside streaming channels and on-demand content.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
OS updates coming to Roku devices in the U.S. this spring
Mar 9, 2023 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced platform-wide updates to its OS, with updates to Live TV, content discovery, Sports, the Roku Mobile App, and more rolling out in the U.S. this spring.
News categories: Roku, Preston Smalley, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, TV OS, USA, UX
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward
- Go Addressable becomes industry trade body
- NorDig releases IRD 3.2.1 and Test Plan 3.2.1 specs
- Improved tool helps ensure interoperability of DASH delivery
- Growth in global SVOD subscriptions to continue
- LG announces organizational restructuring
- HbbTV updates Operator Application specification