Digital TV News: CEVA
CEVA MotionEngine Smart TV software part of LG webOS
Feb 24, 2021 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced that, with LG, it has expanded licensing of its Freespace MotionEngine Smart TV software technology to include 3rd party TV brands running LG's webOS smart TV platform.
News categories: CEVA, LG Electronics, Chad Lucien, Lee Sang-woo, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
LG opens webOS Smart TV platform to other TV brands
Feb 23, 2021 – LG is making its webOS TV platform available to other TV brand partners. Over twenty TV manufacturers have already joined the webOS partnership, including brands such as RCA, Ayonz and Konka, with more expected to follow.
News categories: LG Electronics, Park Hyoung-sei, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Novatek adopts CEVA A/V DSP and software for Smart TV SoCs
Jan 6, 2020 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced that Novatek has deployed its Audio DSP, voice front-end software, and speech recognition software to incorporate far-field voice wakeup and control functionality in its multi microphone enabled smart TV SoCs.
News categories: CEVA, Novatek, Moshe Sheier, CES2021, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
Jul 22, 2019 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA) has announced the acquisition of Hillcrest Labs from InterDigital. Hillcrest Labs is a leading global supplier of software and components for sensor processing in consumer and IoT devices.
News categories: CEVA, Hillcrest Labs, Gideon Wertheizer, Chad Lucien, MandA, UX, Worldwide
CEVA and Idea! Partner to Deliver Software-Based ISDB-T Demodulation Solution
Dec 15, 2011 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA; LSE: CVA) has announced a software-based product offering for multi-standard DTV demodulation based on its CEVA-XC DSP core. The company has partnered with Idea! Electronic Systems to develop a complete, ISDB-T solution.
News categories: CEVA, Idea! Electronic Systems, CES2021, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Terrestrial
CEVA to Showcase Latest IP for Digital Home and Mobile Products at CES 2012
Dec 5, 2011 – CEVA (NASDAQ: CEVA; LSE: CVA) has announced that it will showcase a range of innovative multimedia and communications solutions for the digital home and mobile markets at CES 2012 in Las Vegas from January 10-13th, 2012.
News categories: CEVA, CES2021, Silicon IP
Trident Micro Licenses CEVA DSP for Set-Top Box and DTV Product Lines
May 27, 2010 – CEVA, Inc. (Nasdaq: CEVA; LSE: CVA) has announced that Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) has licensed CEVA's DSP technology for demodulation in set-top box and television systems product lines.
News categories: CEVA, Trident Micro, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
CEVA Unveils Programmable HD Video and Image Processing Platform for Connected Multimedia Devices
Feb 15, 2010 – CEVA (Nasdaq: CEVA; LSE: CVA) has unveiled CEVA-MM3000™, a fully programmable, HD video and imaging platform specifically designed for the connected generation of portable multimedia and home entertainment devices.
News categories: CEVA, MWC20, Silicon IP
CEVA MM2000 Multimedia Solution Powers Solomon Systech MagusCore High Performance Portable Multimedia Processor
Sep 9, 2008 – CEVA [Nasdaq: CEVA; LSE: CVA] has announced that Solomon Systech has licensed and deployed (as the SSD1933 multimedia processor) its programmable MM2000 portable multimedia DSP IP for their MagusCore™ multimedia processor platform family.
News categories: CEVA, Solomon Systech, ICs, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Tablet
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering
- Alphonso re-launches as LG Ads
- AirConsole cloud gaming for all Xiaomi Android TV devices
- U.S. DTH service Orby TV closes down
- Saankhya Labs receives FCC certification for broadcast-to-mobile solution
- MediaKind integrates Dolby Vision HDR technology
- MobiTV enters voluntary Chapter 11
- North American OTT TV revenues to double
- VeriSilicon AI video processor powers leading datacenters
- Asia-Pacific pay TV revenue to fall over next five years
- WDR expands HD capacity with SES at 19.2°E
- Megacable subscribers up 51,000 in 4Q 2020
- New AT&T, TPG entity to take over AT&T’s U.S. video business
- NBCUniversal expands addressable footprint via Charter partnership
- Oregan middleware deployed on Megacable XView+ STBs
- ATSC issues Recommended Practice on Haptics for ATSC 3.0
- 3SS set to double reach in 2021
- Future of TV in Australia is linear + BVOD
- Sky UK extends satellite capacity contract with SES