Digital TV News: CIBN
RealNetworks codec chosen for CIBN mobile TV App
Jun 27, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced the commercial deployment of RealMedia HD on the China International Broadcasting Network (CIBN) Mobile TV App, available now for download from Android app stores in China.
News categories: RealNetworks, China International Broadcasting Network, Jiang Hense, Xie Shengluo, Apps, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Streaming
CIBN to use RealNetworks' HD codec for its OTT TV apps
Feb 26, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced that China International Broadcasting Network (CIBN) will launch a commercial trial of RealNetworks' codec, RealMedia HD, on its OTT HD VIDEO app and Stars China mobile app, China TV.
News categories: RealNetworks, China International Broadcasting Network, Rob Glaser, Hense Jiang, Ke Hengzhong, Apps, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, MWC22, Streaming
RealNetworks and Amlogic expand media codec partnership
Jan 9, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced an agreement to license its RealMedia HD codec for porting and optimization to Amlogic. RealMedia HD is a video codec that delivers HD video quality at a fraction of the bandwidth required by other codecs.
News categories: RealNetworks, Amlogic, Morris Zhang, James Xie, CES2023, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Worldwide
RealNetworks and CIBN Oriental deploy RealMedia HD video codec
Aug 16, 2017 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced a partnership with CIBN Oriental to enhance the company's TV and mobile video streaming capabilities. RealNetworks' RealMedia HD technology enables CIBN Oriental's users to enjoy their OTT service on large screens as well as on any mobile device.
News categories: RealNetworks, CIBN, Rob Glaser, Morris Zhang, Gong Yuguo, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming
CIBN selects Irdeto as security partner for China DRM
Nov 24, 2016 – Irdeto has announced that China International Broadcasting Network (CIBN), a subsidiary of China Radio International, is its first Chinese customer for Irdeto Rights with China DRM Support.
News categories: Irdeto, CIBN, Marco Xie, Fu Qiang, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Streaming
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution
- VIZIO Account simplifies subscriptions for its Smart TV customers
- Discovery+ launching on Sling TV and Dish TV
- FAST Channels TV provides linear channels for Digital TV Cyprus OTT platform
- Video streaming services lost further playtime per user in H1 2022
- BARB releases Establishment Survey data for the UK for Q2 2022
- Simulmedia and TiVo renew data-licensing partnership
- Paramount+ joins Roku Channel’s Premium Subscriptions lineup
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 85,000 in 2Q 2022
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 257,000 in 2Q 2022
- Over six million Android TV OS deployments for iWedia