Digital TV News: Cable & Wireless
Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
Nov 5, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA and LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has announced that it has sold its subsidiary Cable & Wireless Seychelles, to a consortium of local investors. In the transaction, Cable & Wireless Seychelles is valued at an enterprise value of $104 million.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Cable & Wireless Seychelles, Balan Nair, Charles Hammond, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Seychelles
Liberty Latin America to acquire controlling stake in UTS
Mar 26, 2019 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has agreed to acquire 87.5% of United Telecommunication Services (UTS), which provides fixed and mobile services to the island nations of Curaçao, St. Maarten, St. Martin, Bonaire, St. Barths, St. Eustatius and Saba.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, United Telecommunication Services, Balan Nair, Broadband, Caribbean, MnA, Mobile
C&W buys Marpin 2K4 to add cable TV to Flow Dominica
May 12, 2017 – Cable & Wireless Communications (C&W), the operator of Flow, has announced that it has acquired Dominican cable company Marpin 2K4. The addition of Marpin means that Flow Dominica will soon be able to offer cable television services in addition to its mobile, telephony and broadband services.
News categories: Flow, Marpin 2K4, Jeffrey Baptiste, Cable TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, MnA
Evolution Digital reaches milestone of 12 million STBs shipped
Sep 7, 2016 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has shipped 12 million digital set-top boxes to cable operators around the world. These 12 million digital devices consist of Evolution Digital’s wide product offerings including its SD DTA, HD uDTA and eBOX IP Hybrid STB.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Chris Egan, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
CWC launches TV service in the Seychelles
Aug 14, 2015 – Cable & Wireless Seychelles has announced the launch of its TV service, making the company the first quad play provider in the islands and give its customers a one stop shop for all their communications and entertainment needs.
News categories: Cable & Wireless, Digital TV, IPTV, Seychelles
Cable & Wireless obtains TV licence in Anguilla
Jul 10, 2015 – Cable and Wireless Communications (C&W) which now operates Flow, the Caribbean's leading communications service provider,has announced that it has secured the broadcast licence to operate TV services in Anguilla.
News categories: Cable & Wireless, John Reid, Matthieu Dion, Caribbean, Digital TV, IPTV
TiVo acquires Cubiware
May 26, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that is has acquired Cubiware, a provider of software for emerging market Pay-TV operators. Cubiware will expand TiVo's international presence in 25 countries.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cubiware, Tom Rogers, Jakub Gorski, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Poland, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
May 16, 2013 – Vodafone Germany has announced a next-generation network access agreement with Deutsche Telekom (DT) which will allow Vodafone to offer high-speed fixed-line broadband and internet protocol-based TV (IPTV) services across Germany.
News categories: Vodafone, Deutsche Telekom, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
CWC launches pay TV in Cayman Islands
Apr 22, 2013 – LIME, the Caribbean division of Cable & Wireless Communications (CWC), has introduced pay TV to the Cayman Islands with the launch of its 'LIME TV' service. LIME TV is delivered over a broadband connection via a set top box, or connected device, in the customer's home.
News categories: CWC, LIME TV, Cayman Islands, Digital TV, IPTV
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
- Radix to launch Android TV device management at MWC
- Canada's Media Technology Monitor reports on SVOD, podcasting, co-viewing and more