Digital TV News: Cello
Cello launches Android TVs in partnership with Google
Sep 1, 2020 – Cello has worked closely with Google to develop an exclusive range of smart TVs, which come with Google Assistant, Chromecast and Google Play Store all built in to one device, straight out of the box.
News categories: Cello Electronics, Brian Palmer, Android TV, Digital TV, Smart TV, UK
Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
Feb 19, 2020 – British TV manufacturer Cello has announced the launch of a Freeview Play range with Alexa voice control, powered by netgem.tv. The TVs incorporate the netgem.tv service, offering free and on-demand streaming for customers at an affordable price.
News categories: Cello Electronics, Netgem, Brian Palmer, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, UK, UX
ICFLIX launches on PS3 and PS4 gaming consoles
Oct 26, 2015 – ICFLIX has partnered with Sony to make movies and TV series from ICFLIX available to be streamed instantly to TVs via the PlayStation3 (PS3) and PlayStation4 (PS4) consoles.
News categories: ICFLIX, PlayStation, Carlos Tibi, Robert Fisser, Digital TV, Gaming, Middle-East, OTT
Cello Electronics TVs to offer Stream TV glasses-free 3D
Dec 17, 2014 – UK television manufacturer Cello Electronics has announced that has added Stream TV Networks' glasses-free 3D technology to its product line. The televisions feature real-time conversion into the Ultra-D™ format from any 2D or 3D source.
News categories: Cello Electronics, Stream TV Networks, Brian Palmer, Mathu Rajan, Digital TV, Smart TV, UK, VR
LOVEFiLM Service Widens Its Reach with Oregan's Onyx Browser for Connected TVs
Mar 14, 2011 – LOVEFiLM launches its WatchNow video service on Oregan Networks' Onyx media browser, which will further increase LOVEFiLM's platform capability to address a broader cross section of internet-connected televisions and set-top boxes.
News categories: Oregan Networks, LOVEFiLM, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Oregan's Onyx Delivers New Apps to Access Hollywood Blockbuster Movie Content, Casual Gaming and TV Series Catch-up in HD
Dec 30, 2010 – Oregan Networks has announced availability of an updated version of its Onyx software featuring enhanced speed and security, as well as providing access to new home entertainment applications, powered by blinkbox and Accedo Broadband.
News categories: Oregan Networks, blinkbox, Accedo Broadband, CES2021, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Sky Player Continues Online Expansion with Humax Deal
Apr 14, 2010 – The BSkyB (LSE:BSY) online TV service is soon to launch across Humax's new range of IP-enabled digital boxes for Freeview HD. This includes the already launched Humax HD-FOX T2, and an HD digital TV recorder planned for the coming months.
News categories: BSkyB, Humax, Digital TV, DVR, Media Player, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Sky Player to launch on internet connected TVs and more hybrid Freeview STBs
Mar 25, 2010 – Sky Player, BSkyB's online TV service, is to launch on a range of new internet connected TVs and set-top boxes following agreements with Cello, a manufacturer of LCD TVs, and 3View, a provider of hybrid DTT and IPTV set-top boxes.
News categories: BSkyB, 3View, Cello, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
Oregan Networks enables first Connected TV supporting BBC iPlayer and other Catch-Up TV services
Dec 16, 2009 – Oregan Networks has announced retail availability of Onyx-powered TVs manufactured by the UK's fastest growing value TV brand Cello. The product, branded Cello iViewer, is the first connected TV featuring the UK's BBC iPlayer catch-up service.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Cello, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK
- VisualOn launches WatchParty co-watching solution
- Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer first vehicles with Fire TV for Auto
- U.S. pay TV providers lost over 5 million subscribers in 2020
- OTT NOW! from Stoneroos powers SportsTribal
- OTT video streaming in APAC now reaches 392 million people
- Megacable launches OTT service powered by Viaccess-Orca
- No growth expected for Latin America pay TV
- More than 150 million smart speakers sold in 2020
- LG and Sony led OLED TV gains in advanced TV market in Q4
- 63% of TV viewers in the EU5 watch ad-supported streaming
- Slow growth for OTT pay TV in Latin America
- Australia pay TV market to decline at 2.6% CAGR over next five years
- MediaTek releases 4K Smart TV IC with integrated AI processing unit
- SpotX to monetize OTT inventory for Crackle Plus
- Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
- ANGA COM 2021 switches to online
- Virgin TV 360 now available to all Virgin Media customers
- TVbeat to provide audience insights for OSN
- Roku to acquire Nielsen’s Advanced Video Advertising business
- VIZIO files for initial public offering