Digital TV News: Comscore
Origin to test TV measurement using Samba TV viewership data
Oct 12, 2023 – Origin, the UK cross-media measurement initiative, is to test using data from Samba TV's ACR technology to capture TV viewing behaviour across linear, BVOD, SVOD and CTV services.
News categories: Samba TV, Origin, ISBA, Comscore, Ashwin Navin, Joe Lewis, Phil Smith, Adam Holt, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, UK
Xumo rolls out streaming box to Charter and Comcast households
Oct 4, 2023 – Xumo has launched its Xumo Stream Box to Spectrum households, with plans to bring it to Xfinity homes soon. Xumo Stream Box is powered by Comcast's Entertainment OS.
News categories: Xumo, Charter, Comcast, Marcien Jenckes, Rich DiGeronimo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, TV OS, USA
U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
Sep 20, 2023 – OpenAP has announced that the U.S. Joint Industry Committee (JIC) has granted conditional certification to Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp as part of its currency certification efforts.
News categories: OpenAP, Comscore, iSpot, VideoAmp, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Longtail OTT TV services expand reach in the U.S.
Aug 29, 2023 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has released its annual State of Streaming report, showing a 21% increase CTV hours per household watched, with ad supported services capturing the bulk of new viewing.
News categories: Comscore, James Muldrow, Digital TV, Market Research, Streaming, USA
Brazil and Mexico outpace U.S. in CTV adoption
Aug 17, 2023 – The latest edition of Amagi's Quarterly Global FAST Report reveals a surge in CTV adoption rates in Brazil (94%) and Mexico (93%), outpacing the U.S. where adoption is at 80.6%.
News categories: Amagi, Baskar Subramanian, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Streaming, Worldwide
PubMatic announces CTV Platform enhancements and new partnerships
Jun 15, 2023 – PubMatic (Nasdaq: PUBM) has announced a suite of enhancements to its CTV platform, and new and expanded partnerships with streaming brands including AMC Networks, FOX, iQIYI, and TiVo.
News categories: PubMatic, Nicole Scaglione, Abbie Reichner, Evan Adlman, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Comscore local market measurement selected by WBNX-TV
May 16, 2023 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) and WBNX-TV have announced a TV measurement agreement that will see WBNX use Comscore's local TV currency as an additional source to sell and post advertising buys.
News categories: Comscore, WBNX-TV, Carol Hinnant, Lori Bruch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Comscore to provide local advertising currency for NBCUniversal
May 18, 2023 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced a partnership with NBCUniversal, in which NBCUniversal will be, for the first time, guaranteeing all local ad buys on Comscore measurement.
News categories: Comscore, NBCUniversal, Jon Carpenter, Frank Comerford, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Comscore expands 48-hour television reporting
Mar 28, 2023 – Comscore has expanded 'Pulse' within its TV measurement solution, providing agencies, brands and media companies with 48-hour TV measurement nationally and in all 210 U.S. media markets.
News categories: Comscore, Carol Hinnant, Jackie Lynch, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Tele Columbus goes live with PŸUR TV STB featuring 3SS UX
- Two more Miami TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Gracenote launches automotive infotainment metadata platform
- YMEDIA launches tokenized AI Smart TV ad network
- Barb awards metadata, interim overnight programme and commercial logs contracts
- FreeWheel and OrkaTV bring FAST channel access to advertisers
- América Móvil increases shareholding in Telekom Austria
- Tele Columbus taps Simply.TV for advanced metadata
- AOMedia offers spatial audio specification under royalty-free license
- TheViewPoint integrates with FreeWheel
- Australia to introduce 'prominence framework' for local broadcast services
- Telecom and pay-TV revenue in Hong Kong to grow at 1.1% CAGR
- Proximus optimises delivery of Pickx with Velocix Analytics
- Traditional US pay-TV services face continued decline
- Edgio adds player-independent video performance reports
- Flat panel display oversupply to continue into 2024
- Japan SVOD service revenue to reach $6 billion in 2027
- Ateme powers NT's sports video contribution in Asia and beyond
- Global TV shipments to fall below 197 million units in 2023
- WSTS revises semiconductor growth projections slightly upward