Digital TV News: DTVKit
RDK surpasses 100 million device deployments
Sep 7, 2022 – RDK Management (RDK) has announced details about the continued adoption of the RDK open source software platform used to power CPEs from service providers worldwide. The number of RDK devices deployed globally rose to 100 million, up from 80 million last year.
News categories: RDK Management, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, Gateway, Market Research, RDK, Set Top Box
DTVKit releases Hybrid White Label RDK set-top box
Sep 8, 2021 – To enable OEMs and smaller satellite operators to test and evaluate RDK, DTVKit has collaborated with its members, including RDK, Mediatek, EKT and OBS, to develop a Hybrid White Label set-top box.
News categories: DTVKit, RDK Management, Phil Evans, Jason Briggs, Paul Martin, Winson Hsu, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DTVKit welcomes RDK Management as latest member
Jul 15, 2021 – DTVKit’s DVB Core is now officially pre-integrated with the RDK. This means that the Raspberry Pi reference platform will build to include DTVKit support direct from the RDK repositories.
News categories: DTVKit, RDK Management, Phil Evans, Jason Briggs, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DTVKit integrates DVB software with RDK
Mar 4, 2020 – DTVKit has announced that it has integrated its DVB core software components into the open source RDK software platform used by leading video and broadband service providers around the globe.
News categories: DTVKit, RDK, Phil Evans, Steve Heeb, Digital TV, RDK, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Nordig and Android 'P' compliance part of DTVKit’s latest software release
Oct 24, 2019 – DTVKit, in cooperation with OBS, has announced a new version of its suite of DTV software components. The October release includes updates to the DVB stack for Nordig compliance, changes to support Android 'Treble', and improvements to the CI Plus ECP reference stack.
News categories: DTVKit, Ocean Blue Software, Phil Evans, Paul Martin, Android TV, CAM, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
Sep 13, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and EKT have announced that they are extending their partnership to integrate the NetRange Application Store, a widely deployed Smart TV store with a worldwide catalogue of thousands of apps, to deliver next generation TV and OTT consumer experiences.
News categories: ACCESS CO, EKT, Netrange, Dr. Neale Foster, Richard Smith, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
DTVKit, DiscVision and OBS bring voice control to DTVKit powered TVs and STBs
Sep 12, 2019 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) has announced that it has pre-integrated DiscVision’s Voice Control SDK with DTVKit's DVB stack, bringing Amazon Alexa and Google Home compatibility to DTVKit powered TVs and STBs.
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, DiscVision, DTVKit, Paul Martin, Dr. Reinhard Lüling, Phil Evans, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
OBS teams up with Nagra and Broadcom
Sep 9, 2019 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS), in cooperation with Nagra and Broadcom, has extended the DVB in Android integration required to support Nagra conditional access. The integration is done using Android’s MediaCas framework.
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, Nagra, Broadcom, DTVKit, Paul Martin, Tor Helge Kristiansen, Paul Cox, Phil Evans, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2022, Semiconductor, Worldwide
OBS upgrades DTVKit DVB support to Android P Treble compliance
Sep 6, 2019 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) has extended the DVB for Android integration to make it compatible with the Android P Treble architecture and donated it to DTVKit. OBS has a long track record of improving the DTVKit code base and donating those assets back to the DTVKit community.
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, DTVKit, Jason Nash, Paul Martin, Phil Evans, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2022, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Hisense no. 1 in TV shipments in December 2022
- LG adds Apple integrations to webOS Hub smart TV platform
- Market turbulence set to define media industry in 2023
- Huawei brings stc tv streaming to its users in the MENA region
- Sky rolls out Entertainment OS 1.1 update
- Comedy most pirated genre of entertainment
- Viaccess-Orca and Broadpeak achieve 3-second latency for live sports streaming
- Globecast powers distribution of 2022 World Cup for New World TV
- Ateme reduces latency to under four seconds for Cyta's OTT channels
- Digiturk deploys Irdeto 360 Video Security Services
- ThinkAnalytics unveils new customer wins
- Netgem to initiate sale of activities other than TV streaming
- Synamedia delivers low latency World Cup streaming for Cellcom
- NEXTGEN TV broadcasting begins in Boston
- SkyShowtime announces line-up ahead of launches in Central & Eastern Europe
- Global online video subscriptions to reach 1.7bn in 2023
- BARB launches API giving clients direct access to viewing data
- Roku makes deal with Warner Bros. Discovery for The Roku Channel
- Trinidad and Tobago selects ATSC 3.0 for DTT
- Faurecia-Aptoide and Catappult launch app distribution hub for cars