Digital TV News: Deutsche Bank
DELTA Fiber expands fiber network to 2 million addresses
Aug 2, 2021 – DELTA Fiber has secured €2 billion for the roll out of the newest generation fiber network, XGS-PON, throughout the Netherlands. DELTA Fiber will grow to 2 million fiber connections in 2025 while offering much higher internet speeds.
News categories: DELTA Fiber, Marco Visser, Fibre, Netherlands
Verizon Media to be acquired by Apollo funds
May 3, 2021 – Verizon (NYSE: VZ) and Apollo Global Management (NYSE: APO) have announced that funds managed by affiliates of Apollo have entered into an agreement to acquire Verizon Media for $5 billion.
News categories: Verizon Media, Apollo, Guru Gowrappan, Hans Vestberg, Reed Rayman, David Sambur, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, MandA, USA
Kaltura files for Initial Public Offering
Mar 2, 2021 – Kaltura has filed Form S-1 with the SEC relating to a proposed initial public offering of its common stock. Kaltura has applied to list on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the ticker symbol 'KLTR'.
News categories: Kaltura, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPO, Worldwide
Silicon Labs to acquire Sigma Designs
Dec 7, 2017 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) and Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) have announced a definitive agreement under which Silicon Labs will acquire Sigma Designs for $7.05 per share in a cash transaction valued at approximately $282 million.
News categories: Silicon Labs, Sigma Designs, Tyson Tuttle, Thinh Q. Tran, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Deutsche Bank Securities to advise Sigma Designs on strategic alternatives
Jul 26, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ:SIGM) has engaged Deutsche Bank Securities to assist in its exploration of strategic alternatives that may enhance stockholder value. Sigma has been carefully reviewing all of its product lines to determine which offer the best synergistic fit with its long-term growth plans.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Deutsche Bank, Digital TV, MandA, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Proliferation of Connected Devices will create a $1.2tr Revenue Opportunity
Oct 10, 2011 – The GSMA, with the support of AT&T, Deutsche Bank, KT, Telenor Connexion and Vodafone, and in partnership with Machina Research, has released research that outlines the market opportunity and revenue potential for connected devices.
News categories: GSMA, Market Research, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
EchoStar to Acquire Mexican Satellite Operator SATMEX
Feb 26, 2010 – EchoStar Satellite Services (NASDAQ: SATS) and Satélites Mexicanos (Satmex) have announced an agreement pursuant to which EchoStar will acquire an ownership interest in Satmex. MVS Comunicaciones will also participate in the ownership of Satmex.
News categories: MVS Comunicaciones, Satmex, EchoStar, MandA, Mexico, Satellite
SIA Forecast: Semiconductor Sales Slowing
Nov 19, 2008 – The Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) released its annual forecast of global semiconductor sales, projecting the first decline in sales since 2001.
News categories: Semiconductor Industry Association, Market Research, Semiconductor
- Conviva data shows double digit streaming growth worldwide
- Nielsen deduplicates audiences across Smart TV and streaming providers
- 605 extends agreement to use VIZIO ACR data
- Pluto TV launches in the Nordics
- U.S. home entertainment spending up 10.9% to $8.7 billion in 1Q 2022
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 1,956,000 subscribers in 1Q 2022
- 3SS and ContentWise to use AI to power personalized user experiences
- NOS shows international holographic transmission using 5G
- Telestream acquires Encoding.com
- Hisense unveils its first Smart TV with Fire TV built-in
- Conviva announces streaming audience measurement standard
- iWedia launches ATSC 3.0 software stack
- SVOD reaches saturation in Sweden
- CTV surpasses mobile's share of global video impressions
- Global SVOD subscriptions to grow by 485 million from 2021 to 2027
- European VOD Coalition officially inaugurated
- 7.9 million Disney+ subscribers added in 1Q 2022
- Gaumont launches SVOD on Netgem Content-as-a-Service platform
- AMC+ coming to Orange Spain's entertainment offering in June
- Liberty Global video subscribers down 21,900 in Q1 2022