Digital TV News: Digital TV Group
UK's DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
May 10, 2022 – The Digital TV Group (DTG) has published findings from its annual ‘State of the Nation’ report. The report considers the key trends in the TV ecosystem and the consumer pain points that need addressing.
News categories: DTG, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
DTG publishes 'State of the Nation' report
May 13, 2021 – The DTG has published its annual 'State of the Nation' report for the UK. Including sales figures and subscription trends, the report covers trends in the TV ecosystem and consumer painpoints that need addressing.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
DTG plans ‘Secure by Design’ scheme to strengthen cyber security in TV products
Sep 12, 2019 – The Digital TV Group (DTG) has announced plans to launch a cyber security conformance scheme. The aim of the scheme is to provide consumers and retailers with the confidence that their connected devices are protected against cyber-attacks.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Richard Lindsay-Davies, Dr Ian Levy, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Mobile Video Alliance launches in the UK
May 20, 2014 – Participation in the Mobile Video Alliance is open to any organisation that is a member of the UK's Digital TV Group (DTG). The DTG will provide a forum for interested parties to explore the opportunities and challenges associated with the delivery of audio-visual content to mobile devices.
News categories: DTG, George Robertson, Matt Stagg, Michael Winterson, Digital TV, Mobile, UK
DTG Testing scheduled for Freeview Tablet TV UK
Apr 10, 2014 – Motive Television has announced that it has received confirmation that testing of its technology for Freeview Tablet TV by the Digital Technology Group will begin on 28 April.
News categories: Motive Television, DTG Testing, Leonard M Fertig, Tablet, Terrestrial, UK
Digital TV Group launches the UK UHD Forum
Aug 1, 2013 – The Digital TV Group has announced the launch of the UK UHD Forum. The group will co-ordinate UK requirements to build a knowledge base for the future interoperability of Ultra HD, and will work hand-in-hand with FAME and other European standards organisations.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
DTG updates Freeview HD specification
Mar 28, 2013 – The Digital TV Group (DTG), the industry association for digital TV in the UK, has published an updated version of the 7th edition of the 'D-Book'--the technical specification for UK digital terrestrial television (Freeview and Freeview HD) and Connected TV.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
DTG Testing test centre tests its first HbbTV product
Nov 23, 2012 – Following registration as an HbbTV test centre, DTG Testing, the digital TV industry's test centre operated by the Digital TV Group (DTG), has successfully tested its first HbbTV product.
News categories: DTG Testing, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, UK
DTG Connected TV specification now openly available to industry
Sep 28, 2012 – The Digital TV Group (DTG), the industry association for digital TV in the UK, has released the second version of D-Book 7 Part B (the technical specification for UK connected TV products and services) to both members and non-members of the DTG.
News categories: Digital TV Group, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Terrestrial, UK
- VTV selects ENENSYS for distribution to DVB-T2 transmitters over DTH
- DIAGNAL and Lounges.tv extend technology partnership
- Global FAST revenues to hit $17 billion in 2029
- Videotex India's largest licensee manufacturer of webOS Hub TVs
- Tubi beta tests ChatGPT-powered content discovery
- Amagi partners with TAG Video Systems for FAST channel monitoring
- ViewNexa survey reveals dissatisfaction among streaming subscribers
- Cignal TV taps Quickplay for Pilipinas Live global sports app
- TiVo releases Q2 2023 video trends report
- Ateme powers Viacom18's Indian Premier League UHD experience
- Streaming now most popular TV source in Canada
- Pixalate releases H1 2023 EMEA CTV ad supply chain report
- Mirada to power MNC's Vision+ streaming service in Indonesia
- Munich court rules Netflix infringing Broadcom video patent
- India Smart TV market grew 8% YoY in 1H23
- TV Monaco starts operations supported by Qvest
- Caretta Research: MVPDs must evolve into 'super aggregators'
- Barb upgrades API with BVOD, SVOD, video-sharing and non-TV device data
- U.S. JIC conditionally certifies Comscore, iSpot and VideoAmp currencies
- Global SVOD revenues to surpass $127bn in 2029