Digital TV News: Discovery, Inc
Warner Bros. Discovery adds 2.8 million DTC subscribers in 3Q 2022
Nov 3, 2022 – Warner Bros. Discovery (Nasdaq: WBD) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2022. Total DTC subscribers were 94.9 million, an increase of 2.8 million global subscribers since the end of Q2. Global DTC ARPU was $7.52.
News categories: Warner Bros. Discovery, Digital TV, North America, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
Discovery ends 2021 with 22 million DTC subscribers
Feb 24, 2022 – Discovery, Inc. (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has reported results for the period ended December 31, 2021. The company ended 2021 with 22 million direct-to-consumer subscribers, up 2 million since the end of Q3.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Digital TV, MandA, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, Worldwide
AMC, Discovery, TelevisaUnivision, WarnerMedia go with Canoe for addressable TV advertising
Feb 23, 2022 – AMC Networks, Discovery, TelevisaUnivision and WarnerMedia have each teamed up with Canoe Ventures for addressable TV advertising. Canoe will provide enablement and campaign assurance across its national addressable TV advertising footprint.
News categories: Canoe Ventures, AMC Networks, Discovery, Inc, TelevisaUnivision, WarnerMedia, Joel Hassell, Evan Adlman, Steve Silvestri, Seema Patel, JP Colaco, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Discovery and OMG plan audience measurement trials
Feb 23, 2022 – Discovery and OMG have announced a data trial pilot, aiming to validate that burgeoning measurement services provide stable and accurate audience estimates. Comscore and VideoAmp will serve as the video measurement services for the initial set of advertisers.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., Omnicom Media Group, Comscore, VideoAmp, Jon Steinlauf, Geoff Calabrese, Carol Hinnant, Michael Parkes, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
'Ad-Lite' discovery+ option to launch in the UK and Ireland
Feb 15, 2022 – Discovery UK is to introduce an 'Ad-Lite' offering for discovery+ customers in the UK and Ireland, the first launch by a global SVOD service of such an offering in the UK. Further rollouts across the EMEA region are expected this year.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Discovery UK, James Gibbons, Katie Coteman, Digital TV, Ireland, Streaming, UK
BT Group and Discovery negotiating sports joint venture
Feb 3, 2022 – BT Group has entered exclusive discussions with Discovery, Inc. on a deal to create a new sport and entertainment offering for customers in the UK. The new business would be a 50/50 joint venture, bringing together BT Sport and Eurosport UK.
News categories: BT Group, Discovery, Inc, Marc Allera, Digital TV, UK
AT&T to spin off interest in WarnerMedia to its shareholders
Feb 1, 2022 – AT&T (NYSE: T) will spin off its interest in WarnerMedia to AT&T's existing shareholders. The transaction, followed by the merger of WarnerMedia with Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), is expected to close in 2Q 2022.
News categories: AT&T, WarnerMedia, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, Digital TV, MandA, Worldwide
discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada
Jan 20, 2022 – Discovery and LG have announced that discovery+ is now available on LG Smart TVs in Canada, including LG's line-up of LG OLED TVs and LG QNED MiniLED TVs. discovery+ is accessible on the LG webOS platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Discovery, Inc, Matthew Durgin, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Canada, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming
Discovery makes investment in OpenAP
Jan 10, 2022 – OpenAP and Discovery, Inc. (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have announced that Discovery will become a minority owner of OpenAP, the advanced advertising company bringing scale to audience-based campaigns in television.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., OpenAP, Jim Keller, David Levy, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
- Tulix and WiseDV power Hollywire CTV channel on Samsung TV Plus
- Pluto TV debuts in Canada
- Disney Clean Room technology integrated with VideoAmp
- Smart TV shipments in India up 38% YoY in Q3 2022
- VR device shipments to bounce back in 2023
- Seven Network partners with Imagine Communications
- Fixed Wireless Access forecast to top 300 million connections in six years
- Breezeline expands fiber services in New Hampshire
- U.S. consumers watch over six hours of video per week on their mobiles
- Semiconductor market expected to decline slightly in 2023
- 6G-Datacast.tv offers datacasting protocol for ATSC 3.0
- Bedrock powers RTL streaming service in Hungary
- KONKA plans GCC region expansion
- Dyn Media chooses Deltatre to deliver end-to-end OTT service
- Globecast providing cloud playout and distribution for EarthxTV
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to fall 3.6% in 2023
- Mediaroom Play powers streaming experiences for more viewers in Canada
- DAZN and Irdeto fight piracy in premium sports
- Global OTT revenues to grow to $243 billion in 2028
- VEON to sell Russian operations to their management