Digital TV News: Discovery, Inc
discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
Oct 13, 2021 – Discovery, Inc. and LG Electronics USA have announced that discovery+ is now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S. including LG's line-up of award-winning LG OLED TVs and LG QNED MiniLED TVs.
News categories: LG Electronics, Discovery, Inc, Peggy Ang, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
Oct 12, 2021 – Discovery (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced that discovery+ will launch in Canada on October 19. The service is available at Can$4.99 (~USD$4) per month, with an ad-free version for Can$6.99 monthly.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Corus Entertainment, JB Perrette, Doug Murphy, Advertising, Canada, Digital TV, Streaming
Discovery ended Q2 with 17 million direct-to-consumer subscribers
Aug 3, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2021. The company had 17 million paying direct-to-consumer subscribers at the end of the quarter.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
discovery+ app coming to VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Aug 3, 2021 – Discovery and VIZIO have announced that discovery+ will be available on VIZIO SmartCast by September providing viewers across America with access to the discovery+ app on their VIZIO Smart TVs.
News categories: VIZIO, Discovery, Inc, Mike O’Donnell, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, Streaming, USA
WarnerMedia, Discovery combination to be called 'Warner Bros. Discovery'
Jun 1, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has announced 'Warner Bros. Discovery' as the name for the proposed entertainment company that will emerge from the combination of WarnerMedia and Discovery assets.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
WarnerMedia and Discovery combine entertainment assets in standalone company
May 17, 2021 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) have agreed to combine WarnerMedia's entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses to create a standalone global entertainment company.
News categories: AT&T, Discovery, Inc, John Stankey, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MandA, Streaming, USA, Worldwide
discovery+ launches on Xfinity Flex and soon on X1
Apr 8, 2021 – Discovery and Comcast have announced the launch of discovery+ on Xfinity Flex. Additionally, discovery+ will begin its rollout to X1 in the coming weeks, giving Xfinity TV customers access alongside their TV subscription.
News categories: Discovery, Inc, Comcast, Gabriel Sauerhoff, Rebecca Heap, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Streaming, USA
discovery+ subscribers now number more than 11 million
Feb 22, 2021 – Discovery (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2020. discovery+ has now surpassed 11 million total paying direct-to-consumer subscribers globally.
News categories: Discovery, David Zaslav, Digital TV, Results, Streaming, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
discovery+ launches in the U.S.
Jan 4, 2021 – discovery+ (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is now live in the U.S., with distribution agreements that will make the product one of the most widely available streaming services at launch.
News categories: Discovery, Inc., David Zaslav, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Gaming, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet, USA
- Nielsen adds Roku to its Digital Content Ratings
- 71% of U.S. TV households have a live pay TV service
- TVSquared brings cross-platform measurement and attribution to the UK and Germany
- Tremor signs global partnership with VIDAA for ACR data
- HBO Max goes live in the Nordics and Spain
- 78% of households in Europe's Top 5 countries watch CTV
- Redbox completes business combination with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp.
- DTH subscribers up 290,000 in India in 2Q 2021
- Global IPTV subscriber numbers to overtake cable in 2026
- Sky Glass powered by Amlogic and RDK
- Panther Logistics appointed as delivery partner for Sky Glass
- VumaTV goes global with Red Bee Media
- Pixalate releases report on open programmatic CTV advertising trends
- Foxtel and ViacomCBS agree content distribution and apps deal
- BBC sets out path to Net Zero by 2030
- A quarter of U.S. households subscribe to broadband but not Pay TV
- Wurl offers global FAST channel distribution for content companies
- Accedo and Nreal bring streaming to lightweight AR glasses
- HBO up 1.9 million; Vrio down 178,000 video subs in 3Q 2021
- RTL Group and Amobee to form TechAlliance addressable TV JV