Digital TV News: Discretix
Discretix content protection shipped in more than 250 million devices
Mar 31, 2014 – Discretix has announced that the widespread deployment of HD content and OTT services has led to a rapid adoption of its hardware assisted DRM and link protection solutions.
News categories: Discretix, Coby Sella, Content Protection, DRM, Market Research, Worldwide
Opera Software partners with Discretix for OTT HD on connected TVs
Mar 17, 2014 – Discretix and Opera have announced a partnership to bring secure OTT HD content and services to connected TVs, utilizing HTML5 to reduce the effort needed to support services across multiple entertainment devices.
News categories: Discretix, Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Yossi Hermush, Digital TV, DRM, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Streaming, Worldwide
MediaTek selects Discretix as content protection provider for Android smartphones
Jul 31, 2013 – MediaTek and Discretix have announced a partnership to offer fully-integrated DRM and Link Protection solutions on MediaTek's latest Smartphone Platforms. The partnership provides MediaTek's customers with content protection ready for premium video services.
News categories: Discretix, MediaTek, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Streaming
Discretix and VisualOn Introduce SecurePlayer 2.0 at NAB Show
Apr 4, 2013 – Discretix and VisualOn have announced the release of SecurePlayer™ 2.0 at the NAB Show. SecurePlayer 2.0 is a media player for smartphones and tablets offering DRM security and high-quality video and audio playback for protected content.
News categories: Discretix, VisualOn, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, NABShow, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
Trustonic Trust and Security for Connected Devices launched
Dec 18, 2012 – Trustonic, a company formed by ARM, Gemalto and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), has launched as a new standard security provider to address the increasing need for trust built into smart connected devices.
News categories: Trustonic, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Streaming, Tablet
Discretix Partners with Verimatrix on PlayReady® MultiScreen Content Protection
Sep 5, 2012 – Discretix has confirmed full interoperability between the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and its SecurePlayer™, enabling Verimatrix customers to distribute PlayReady protected streams to a wide range of platforms and devices.
News categories: Discretix, Verimatrix, Content Protection, DRM, IBC2022, Media Player, Streaming
Cryptography Research and Discretix Sign Developer Agreement for DPA Countermeasures
Jul 10, 2012 – Cryptography Research and Discretix have announced that they have entered into an agreement enabling Discretix to develop products incorporating Differential Power Analysis (DPA) countermeasures for use by licensees of CRI's DPA patents.
News categories: Cryptography Research, Discretix, Content Protection, Mobile, Silicon IP
Discretix Content Protection Incorporated in Qualcomm's Snapdragon StudioAccess™ Technology
Jun 25, 2012 – Discretix has announced that its DRM and Link Protection have been incorporated into Qualcomm's (Nasdaq: QCOM) Snapdragon StudioAccess™ technology. The combination transforms any mobile device into a personal media center with the ability to securely share and view premium content.
News categories: Discretix, Qualcomm, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Smartphone, Streaming
HD Video Services on HTC One Devices Secured by Discretix
Apr 17, 2012 – Discretix has announced that its hardware-assisted content protection solutions are being used to secure HD video services on the recently launched HTC One Family of Android Smartphones.
News categories: Discretix, HTC, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Smartphone
- Comscore adds CTV measurement for Indonesia and Malaysia
- MediaTek adds Fraunhofer MPEG-H Audio to Smart TV SoCs
- Vault AI selects Whip Media global audience engagement data
- TVCoins launches white-label FAST platform with viewing incentives built-in
- NAGRA and AIHunters partner on automated ad insertion
- RemoteMeeting video conferencing now available on LG Smart TVs
- Nielsen to measure NFL Thursday Night Football on Prime Video
- Paramount+ subscription bundled into Walmart+
- SVOD subscriptions in Africa to triple by 2027
- UK's Ofcom releases Media Nations 2022 report
- Amagi to power VIDAA's global FAST service expansion
- SEI Robotics and 3SS power Tele2 Tv Hub Mini dongle
- Global installed base of smart home devices exceeds 2bn in 2022
- HBO Max to be available to KPN's broadband, TV and mobile customers
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~1,925,000 subscribers in 2Q 2022
- Pay TV revenues in Australia to continue to decline
- Samba TV enters Spanish market via partnership with Smartclip
- Ad-supported Disney+ tier to launch in the U.S. on December 8th
- Foxxum launches RDK-based OS for Connected TVs
- Gracenote enables optimized program metadata distribution