Digital TV News: Elemental Technologies
SKY Mexico delivers live OTT with Elemental
Apr 13, 2017 – Elemental has announced that SKY Mexico has deployed Elemental’s software-based video solutions as the processing engine for Blue To Go Video Everywhere, its premium over-the-top (OTT) video service.
News categories: Elemental, SKY México, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Mobile, Streaming
Globo.com selects Elemental to deliver 4K VOD
Feb 20, 2017 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Globo.com has selected its video processing to power its new 4K video-on-demand (VOD) services. The agreement expands the broadcaster’s existing Elemental deployment.
News categories: Elemental, Globo.com, Dan Marshall, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Cable Onda employs Elemental solutions to power unified headend
Feb 9, 2017 – Elemental has announced that it will power a unified video headend built by Cable Onda. Elemental will facilitate a consistent user experience across Cable Onda broadband networks as well as help Cable Onda provide consumers with access to catch up-TV, networked PVR applications and VOD services.
News categories: Cable Onda, Elemental, Michael Maduro, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Panama, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, UX
Elemental supports expansion of MegaFon.TV OTT in Russia
Jan 11, 2017 – Elemental has announced that Russia's MegaFon is using Elemental for its MegaFon.TV over-the-top (OTT) TV service, which has seen a rise in subscribers from 10,000 to more than 1.4 million over the past year.
News categories: Elemental, MegaFon, MegaLabs, Andrey Kushnarev, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia, Streaming
Elemental powers IP content delivery for NET in Brazil
Aug 18, 2016 – Elemental has announced that it is providing live video encoding and packaging solutions to NET in Brazil. The platform allows NET to deliver 40 IP-based channels to multiscreen devices, and to hybrid STBs alongside HD channels broadcast using DVB technology.
News categories: Elemental, NET, Dan Marshall, Marcio Carvalho, Brazil, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile
Uruguay's Antel selects Elemental for mobile and fiber OTT services
Aug 18, 2016 – Elemental has announced that Uruguayan state-owned telecommunications company Administración Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (Antel) has selected Elemental video processing to power its new TIER III Datacenter.
News categories: Elemental, Antel, Keith Wymbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Mobile, Streaming, Uruguay
KT and SK Broadband launch UHD with Elemental
May 25, 2016 – Elemental has announced that KT and SK Broadband have both launched UHD services using Elemental HEVC software. Asia represents one of the world’s fastest growing UHD markets, with Korea reported as the largest UHD TV market in the region.
News categories: Elemental, KT, SK Broadband, David Godfrey, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite
Elemental chosen for Globo Play OTT service in Brazil
Apr 11, 2016 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Globo is using Elemental video processing as the core video-on-demand (VOD) and live processing engine for its Globo Play over-the-top TV (OTT) service in Brazil.
News categories: Elemental, Globo, Dan Marshall, Marcelo Souza, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Streaming
MultiChoice chooses Elemental for delivery of its DStv online service
Nov 11, 2015 – Elemental has announced that MultiChoice is using Elemental for live streaming and video-on-demand (VOD) delivery of its DStv online service, which makes sports and entertainment content available on smart phones and tablets to more than 10 million subscribers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Elemental, MultiChoice, John Nemeth, Jean-Pierre Rossouw, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, South Africa, Streaming
- Comcast launches Smart TVs based on its XClass TV platform
- ViacomCBS and Altice USA renew distribution agreement
- OTT now at 82% consumer saturation in the U.S.
- MultTV and MwareTV launch multi-tenant TV as a Service in Brazil
- discovery+ now available on LG Smart TVs in the U.S.
- HBO Max to be available at Telia from October 26
- Tata Sky expands quality and availability monitoring with DataMiner
- Slow recovery in European pay TV revenues expected
- Share of smart TVs and UHD TVs in Germany continues to grow
- Vewd enables Smart TV for pay TV operators with Vestel
- LG brings more content to third-party TVs powered by webOS
- 70% of audiences reached via streaming are not reachable via linear
- t4h. Android TV remote control for SKY Brasil
- ATEME joins Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program
- discovery+ to launch in Canada on October 19
- LiveRamp launches enhanced TV platform
- Comscore enables deduplicated ad campaigns on YouTube and YouTube TV
- Four Hartford TV stations launch NEXTGEN TV
- Vestel rolls out Red Bull TV app to Smart TVs across Europe
- Viaccess-Orca powers Vialis hybrid DTT/OTT service