Digital TV News: Elemental Technologies
SKY Mexico delivers live OTT with Elemental
Apr 13, 2017 – Elemental has announced that SKY Mexico has deployed Elemental’s software-based video solutions as the processing engine for Blue To Go Video Everywhere, its premium over-the-top (OTT) video service.
News categories: Elemental, SKY México, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Mobile, OTT
Globo.com selects Elemental to deliver 4K VOD
Feb 20, 2017 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Globo.com has selected its video processing to power its new 4K video-on-demand (VOD) services. The agreement expands the broadcaster’s existing Elemental deployment.
News categories: Elemental, Globo.com, Dan Marshall, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Cable Onda employs Elemental solutions to power unified headend
Feb 9, 2017 – Elemental has announced that it will power a unified video headend built by Cable Onda. Elemental will facilitate a consistent user experience across Cable Onda broadband networks as well as help Cable Onda provide consumers with access to catch up-TV, networked PVR applications and VOD services.
News categories: Cable Onda, Elemental, Michael Maduro, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Panama, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, UX
Elemental supports expansion of MegaFon.TV OTT in Russia
Jan 11, 2017 – Elemental has announced that Russia's MegaFon is using Elemental for its MegaFon.TV over-the-top (OTT) TV service, which has seen a rise in subscribers from 10,000 to more than 1.4 million over the past year.
News categories: Elemental, MegaFon, MegaLabs, Andrey Kushnarev, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Russia
Elemental powers IP content delivery for NET in Brazil
Aug 18, 2016 – Elemental has announced that it is providing live video encoding and packaging solutions to NET in Brazil. The platform allows NET to deliver 40 IP-based channels to multiscreen devices, and to hybrid STBs alongside HD channels broadcast using DVB technology.
News categories: Elemental, NET, Dan Marshall, Marcio Carvalho, Brazil, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile
Uruguay's Antel selects Elemental for mobile and fiber OTT services
Aug 18, 2016 – Elemental has announced that Uruguayan state-owned telecommunications company Administración Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (Antel) has selected Elemental video processing to power its new TIER III Datacenter.
News categories: Elemental, Antel, Keith Wymbs, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Uruguay
KT and SK Broadband launch UHD with Elemental
May 25, 2016 – Elemental has announced that KT and SK Broadband have both launched UHD services using Elemental HEVC software. Asia represents one of the world’s fastest growing UHD markets, with Korea reported as the largest UHD TV market in the region.
News categories: Elemental, KT, SK Broadband, David Godfrey, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite
Elemental chosen for Globo Play OTT service in Brazil
Apr 11, 2016 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Globo is using Elemental video processing as the core video-on-demand (VOD) and live processing engine for its Globo Play over-the-top TV (OTT) service in Brazil.
News categories: Elemental, Globo, Dan Marshall, Marcelo Souza, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT
MultiChoice chooses Elemental for delivery of its DStv online service
Nov 11, 2015 – Elemental has announced that MultiChoice is using Elemental for live streaming and video-on-demand (VOD) delivery of its DStv online service, which makes sports and entertainment content available on smart phones and tablets to more than 10 million subscribers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Elemental, MultiChoice, John Nemeth, Jean-Pierre Rossouw, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, South Africa
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat