Digital TV News: Empower
Mola boosts ABR streaming quality with Broadpeak
Mar 16, 2023 – Broadpeak has announced that Mola is using Broadpeak's umbrellaCDN CDN selection, BkA100 video analytics, and Advanced CDN solutions to improve the quality of its ABR streaming.
News categories: Broadpeak, Mola, Jacques Le Mancq, CP Lee, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Streaming
ORF selects Bitmovin video streaming player
Mar 15, 2023 – Bitmovin has announced that ORF has implemented the Bitmovin Player, allowing it to stream content across the broadest range of devices with the highest quality viewer experience.
News categories: Bitmovin, ORF, Stefan Lederer, Harald Kräuter, Austria, Digital TV, Media Player, Streaming
Publica joins Amazon streaming TV ad server certification program
Mar 10, 2023 – Publica will be joining the new, global Amazon Publisher Services (APS) Ad Server Certification Program for streaming TV, allowing simpler APS header bidding integration for publishers.
News categories: Publica, Amazon Publisher Services, Sean Galligan, Advertising, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
TELUS working with Accenture on next-gen entertainment platform
Mar 7, 2023 – TELUS (NYSE: TU) has teamed up with Accenture (NYSE: ACN) to launch a platform for TV and OTT content. Future plans for the platform include technologies such as 5G, IoT and intelligent automation.
News categories: Accenture, TELUS, Andrew Marchant, Amit Nag, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Smart Home
Openview launches satellite pay-TV in South Africa
Mar 2, 2023 – The Ultraview DTH service from Openview enables viewers to see additional bouquets of content for a monthly subscription, alongside free Openview content on a their satellite decoder.
News categories: Openview, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
EZDRM protcts Infuse Video personalized long-form video content
Mar 6, 2023 – Infuse Video has announced a partnership with EZDRM to ensure that Infuse Video customers benefit from DRM content protection for their long-form personalized video content workflows.
News categories: Infuse Video, EZDRM, Ruud van der Linden, Olga Kornienko, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Streaming, Worldwide
Red Bee Media and Dotscreen power RTBF's revamped AUVIO platform
Mar 6, 2023 – Red Bee Media has signed an agreement with RTBF to power its re-launched Auvio platform through Red Bee Media's managed OTT services. Red Bee Media partnered with Dotscreen to improve the Auvio user experience.
News categories: Red Bee Media, RTBF, Dotscreen, Stéphane Grandvarlet, Cecile Gonfroid, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Streaming, UX
CARIAD launches app store for Volkswagen Group cars
Mar 1, 2023 – CARIAD has launches an application store for Volkswagen Group car brands. CARIAD is working with HARMAN to create an open ecosystem for apps that drivers can use in their cars' infotainment systems.
News categories: CARIAD, HARMAN, Audi, Dirk Hilgenberg, Huibert Verhoeven, Oliver Hoffmann, Apps, In-Car, MWC23, Worldwide
Samsung Ads Europe partners with DoubleVerify on ad quality verification
Feb 28, 2023 – DoubleVerify (NYSE: DV) has announced a partnership with Samsung Ads Europe to provide advertisers across Samsung's Smart TVs in Europe with solutions to help them verify the quality of their video and CTV campaigns.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Samsung, Nick Reid, Alex Hole, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV, Streaming
- tvOS 17 brings FaceTime and video conferencing to Apple TV 4K
- VIDAA to bring Paramount+ to viewers in Canada and Latin America
- AR/VR headset shipments slowed in Q1 2023
- Introducing Apple Vision Pro: Apple’s first spatial computer
- 49% of U.S. adults watch video via a CTV device daily
- FAST revenues in Eastern Europe set to reach $42m by 2028
- Qvest becomes European League of Football FAST playout partner
- Wyplay acquires iFeelSmart
- Tenstorrent to build AI and RISC-V chiplets with LG for Smart TVs
- DISH brings its linear TV to the digital ad marketplace
- health tv launches first FAST channel with Amagi
- Number of UK SVOD homes falls in 1Q 2023
- inext signs Moldova distribution contract with DIGIMAX
- EL PAIS begins live broadcasts on its FAST channel with The Channel Store
- SoftAtHome implements Alexa voice control software for etisalat by e&
- Arabsat Badr-8 satellite successfully launched
- Streaming TV growth in Latin America driven by ad-supported viewing
- STARZ domestic OTT subscribers up 700,000 in 1Q 2023
- New DIRECTV STREAM customers get priority access to Telly waiting list
- Insys Video Technologies simplifies video streaming with Bitmovin